First Meeting

Getting Over You

“You must be Choi Hannah?” An middle age man greeted Hannah as she approach him at the counter. She didn’t even have the need to introduce herself, the man already knew who she was. 

Hannah smiled and nodded. Its been a week since Hannah arrived in Seoul, still she is still in a place of indent that her new home is the big city itself. She has now been attending school at Seoul Art High School with Aria. Her official training does not start for another week, giving her time to take in Seoul. When Aria or Cookie have gone off to training practice, Hannah uses that time to go to a cafe, a park, or somewhere in Seoul to write her music. 

In a week she hasn’t spoken to anyone from Busan except her mother, father or her best friend Ji Min. However, she has only spoken to them in twice, because they believe that they are just a burden for Hannah in the city. When really, that’s not the truth. Everyone in Busan has been trying to avoid Hannah, all because of Minho. 

“So looked at your grades and your amazingly written resume, I think you’re smart enough for the job. You’re hired,” Hannah hasn’t even spoken a word other then a greeting. She hasn’t even been in the cafe for five minutes and already she got the job. “But, don’t you need to interview me?” Hannah couldn’t believe how she could get the job so easy. “Nahh, just tell me that you can work immediately,” Hannah’s new boss asked. “Immediately as in now?” 

Hannah was taken back about the suppressing request. She could be doing better things then working, she needed time to prepare; but Hannah didn’t want to disappoint her new employer. “Okay, I can do that,” Hannah agreed with every strive in her body to agree to this. “Okay good, let me show you around,” Hannah’s new boss stepped out of the counter and gave her a small tour of the cafe. 

The cafe wasn’t extremely popular,  nor was it bare with customers. Hannah was explained to that Hannah was employed to cover her bosses shift because he has to look after his baby as his wife has just gone back to work after having the baby. She was told that theres one other person that works here, it’s only her and the other employer as it doesn’t get busy. 

Hannah didn’t need a job, she could live of the money her parents are sending her weekly. Hannah is from a privilege family, money isn’t something she lacked. But being in a city alone was like being thrown into the deep end and is forced to survive herself. She had to do everything by herself, her roommates are people whom she just lives with, they to have their own independents lives. Being so independent, Hannah thought it’s best to come up with her own money, to challenge herself. So here she is, getting an induction in the cafe, for a part time waitress to earn extra money. 

The cafe was two stories high and by the time they arrived downstairs to conclude the tour, another guy was at the counter wearing a white barrister top and black slacks as uniform. He was serving at the counter, and when he saw his boss come down the stairs with Hannah he looked up giving a cute wave. 

At first Hannah thought the guy is attractive in so manes, he looked like a guy her age, he dressed well and even though his hair is messily fixed; Hannah couldn’t help but think how y it looked. It reminded her of Minho who woke up with messy bed hair that she always found so y. 

“Luhan this is our new employee, Choi Hannah,” Hannah was introduced by her boss to Luhan her new and only work mate. Hannah gave a small bow and so did Luhan who also gave a friendly smile. “So Hannah, I have to go. You finish at 8pm tonight when I come back,” Hannah nodded as she listened to her boss talk to Luhan about what he has to do for his shift. 

Luhan and Hannah watched their boss leave the half empty cafe, “So do you have any experience in being a waiter?” Luhan spoke up.

Hannah shyly shook her head, how would she have experience in being a waiter when she has never worked in her life? “It’s okay, I can help you out,” luckily Luhan is nice enough to help out the girl. “So how old are you?” Luhan asked as he cleaned up the counter. 

“19,” Hannah contiuned, “And you’re the same age as me?” This made Luhan chuckle. She really loved his smile, and now his laugh. Oh how Luhan grew on Hannah so quickly on their first meeting. “No, I’m actually 24,” Hannah followed the boy to the back room. Luhan’s age seemed to surprise Hannah, how can a he be 24 when he looks around her age? Maybe it was best that he was 24, he is old enough to manage a whole cafe around his age. 

Hannah did’t say anything, she felt bad for him for judging him by his looks. Embarrass to for asking something so stupid. “Hey, it’s okay,” Luhan smiled at Hannah knowing her silence was her insecurity. “I get it a lot, I look really young for my age because of my face right? But honestly I think I’m really manly,” Luhan chuckled as he entered the small back room and lifted a box full of napkins on his shoulders. Hannah was just standing by the door way observing how Luhan’s arm muscles flexed when he carried the large box. “I think you’re manly,” Hannah followed Luhan out by the counter. Luhan smiled again and thanked the girl as he placed the large box on the counter. 

“It’s your first day, so I won’t make you do much. I’ll teach you everything about the cafe as time goes on. Today I just want you to fill up the small boxes on the tables of napkins,” Luhan explained indicating the napkins are in the boxes. “There aren’t really much customers, so you don’t have to worry about waitressing, but when there is I’ll tell you where to give the orders,” Hannah is lucky that Luhan is so helpful. She has only met him, and automatically he shows a caring side of him. This warmed Hannah’s heart, especially the fact that she’s all alone in Seoul. A person like him in her life in the city is a great start, she needed someone like him. It’s just a plus that he is so attractive. 

Since there was no customers, Luhan cleaned around the cafe as Hannah did her job. She sat by a table next to the counter and assorted the napkins. “So you speak differently, are you really from Seoul?” It was weird that Luhan couldn’t direct that she actually had a Busan accent, is he that stupid? “I’m from Busan,” Hannah explained as Luhan swiped the floor right by her. 

“Oh cool, what are you doing in Seoul? And how long have you been here?” Luhan asked curiously. Obviously she is her new work mate, they needed to get along because they were the only workers in the cafe. It would be so awkward for them to be in bad blood when working in a small cafe where customers hardly stop by. “I’m actually a trainee at SM entertainment. I only came here a week ago,” this amazed Luhan. 

This was the first time he met a trainee, or anyone with a connect to the K-pop industry. Hannah explained to him everything, her life back in Busan, how her dream is to be an idol to how she got in. Everything but Minho who she seemed to forget when talking to Luhan. In exchange Luhan spoke about his life too. Hannah learnt that Korea isn’t Luhan’s native country, as he’s from China. He came to Korea to attend a prestigious university. Honestly, he wants to be photographer so he dropped out of Yonsei University behind his parents back to attend photography school. Still they don’t know that Luhan has done such thing as they still believe that he is attending the university. 

Hannah understood his passion, it was something he wanted to do and only meeting him she supported him and his dream. Everyone has a dream, not all will achieve it but the ones who do are the ones who are passionate about it. Hannah left her family, boyfriend, friends and home behind to achieve her dream. Luhan lied about his where abouts for his dream. The two are so passionate about their dream, yet so a like. 

“Hannah, can you sing for me?” Hannah would always take any chance she would take to sing in public, but not infront of Luhan. Luhan is so attractive making her insecure with everything she does. Again her insecurities has hit her. “Come on!” Luhan nagged as Hannah continued to shake her head. Its been hours since Luhan has sat down next to Hannah to listen to her story about her life. It was already 8pm time for Hannah’s shift to finish. Upon finishing she grabbed the box that wasn’t so heavy anymore and took it to the storage room. The boy wanted to hear his new work mate to sing, so he followed her to the back room begging her to sing even a line. She placed the box on the shelf but when she turned around she was startled by the attractive Luhan standing in front of her. With him standing so close to her, she stepped a stepped back making her lose balance. Luckily Luhan caught her before she fell on the storage that sat on the ground behind her. “This is what you get for not singing,” it has only been a little while, but Luhan could feel how close they were already. They both had dreams, passion to achieve it and both needed a friend from a city that they are not naturally from. 

It didn’t matter how old Hannah was, but Luhan does find the girl attractive. She definitely has the country girl beauty. Not only was her face beautiful but her personality too. She listened to Luhan’s story and even though she didn’t say anything, her presence was enough for him to feel comfortable. He liked her, he didn’t see an immature 19 year old girl, but a mature friend. He saluted her for entering the big city at a young age alone, Luhan was 22 when he first came to Seoul and sure did he feel home sick and scared at most times. So instead of seeing a vulnerable 19 year old, he saw a mature woman. Maybe it was one of the many reasons why he found her attractive. 

Luhan helped Hannah out and gave a smile that Hannah finds so attractive. Together they left he storage room where they were greeted by their boss. “You guys can go home, I can close the store up,” he smiled.  Hannah and Luhan thanked their bosses and headed out where Luhan stopped Hannah before she could leave. “Are you doing anything tonight?” Luhan asked making Hannah shake her head. “Well I still want to hear you sing, I can walk you home?” Hannah would say no. It was already nightfall and she didn’t want to burden him already; but it was an attractive guy asking her, how can she say no? 

Hannah was enjoying her time with a new friend she has made, while her friends in Busan were feeling the opposite as they all paid a visit to Minho’s funeral. 

 

—-

It was late, but Minho’s parents let the funeral carry on until the next day so Minho’s friends and classmates can pay a visit after school hours. Minho was once popular, he was a bully but there are more people that looked up to him then there was that thanked his death. Pretty much the school visited the room that Minho’s dead body laid in, each leaving with tears. 

With the Hannah’s father convincing his wife to attend Minho’s funeral, she finally did. It was hard to see the boy once so lively resting at an early age. She knew that Hannah loved him, and he loved Hannah with his all. She treated him like her own son, so to lose him was like losing a family member. She had no plans to visit the boy’s funeral, but with little courage she had left she did anyways to say goodbye to the pretty face she use to see walking around her house. 

When Hannah’s parents arrived at the funeral, Ji Min was already there pay her respects to an friend. Seeing her best friends mum, she didn’t say a word but ran to her giving her hug. The two females, cried for the lost of someone that meant a lot to them. “Have you told Hannah?” Ji Min asked Hannah’s mother after letting of the hug. 

“No, and no one will, Minho’s mum already warned the other guest to not tell her. I want to tell her so bad, she has the right to know but Minho’s mum thinks its best to not tell her as its only a distraction to her in Seoul,” it was wrong in Ji Min’s eyes but at the same time it was right. Hannah has been dreaming to be an idol for so long, telling her about Minho is a distraction she doesn’t need. Minho has already prevented so much from Hannah, he doesn’t need to again when she closer to reaching her dream. 

—-

“You make me, feel like I’m living a teenage dream,” Hannah sang the last line of the Katy Perry song. It was a song she heard at a convent store when she walked past earlier, making it a song she is has stuck in her head. It was the first song she could think of when Luhan  asked her to sing for the 100th time of the night. “You’re so good,” Luhan complimented when Hannah finished. She may have only sang a couple of lines, but it was enough for Luhan to be even more amazed with the girl. 

He has only worked a few hours with her, and already he finds her so attractive. She was definitely a girl worth chasing for. 

They arrived at Hannah’s dorm, she greeted the boy goodnight and thanked him for his help today. Hannah entered an empty dorm, knowing her roommates are at the entertainment. Hannah went straight to the kitchen when to have a glass of milk, where she heard a voice calling out her name. It was was a voice of a teenage boy, so familiar to her. It was a faint sound but still loud enough to understand that the voice was calling her.

School, plus an 4 hour shift at work; Hannah knew it was just fatigue. So she took a quick shower before laying on her bed. In the dark room she laid, she could sleep so easily but she couldn’t because the voice came back. “Do you think you can leave me?” the voice asked in a rather harsh tone, as if it was angry. 

“What?” Hannah decided to speak to it, she may be dreaming but the voice that is coming out of thin air was beginning to scare her. “You’ve done so many things to me. I love you Hannah, but why did you do everything I said not to do. Now your replacing me with that guy that walked you home?”  

“Minho,” she directed the voice to its owner. She sat up from her bed with her eyes wide open searching around the room. No one is to be found in the darkness, Hannah slapped herself several times to wake up but she was awake. “You think you can just leave me? Because I’m never leaving you,” If she was awake, what was she exactly hearing? and why Minho?

 



Aurthors notes

Sorry for the late update but HAPPY NEW YEARSS!!!