Date

Getting Over You

“Sorry I’m late!” Hannah came running in the cafe as her boss sighed happily know he can be relieve. For awhile now he has been patiently waiting for Hannah to finally come, and when she did her boss gave no second thought but to finally leave. Luhan just smiled knowing that he’s about to have another shift with Hannah. She dropped off her bag at the back room and put and got changed in the bathroom in her uniform. “Luhan, you’re incharge,” his boss called out as he quickly left the cafe to attain to his kids at home. Hannah came out dressed and took the note pen and pad ready to serve customers. “Why are you late?” Luhan asked as he prepared customers orders. 

 

“Dance class went a bit over,” Hannah explained as she went to tables to serve. Luhan loved that about Hannah, how passionate she was, how she always loves to be kept busy. Somehow her passion for her dreams were not only inspiring but also y in a weird way. He watched the girl interact with customers, he watched Hannah smile at the customers and help them out with the menu. Who knew that watching a person could make you fall for them even more. It may seem weird but from watching her, Luhan could tell that Hannah was the girl for him. 

 

“YA Luhan!” Luhan didn’t notice that he has been staring at the view of Hannah for awhile now. His trance was broken by Hannah who had to viciously yell at him,  “2 frappe’s and one blueberry milkshake,” Hannah gave the order before returning to do her job as a waitress. There, Luhan knew that Hannah was defiantly the girl for him. He didn’t fall in love with her purposely, but the little bits of her and her little actions somehow made Luhan fall for her. Love is weird like that, it can make you fall in love with someone at the most unpredictable moment. 

 

The two needed each other more then anything, Hannah needed Luhan as a distraction from Minho and Luhan needed her to ensure that he was doing the right thing about his dream. The boy has no friends, no companion or family, all of them walked out on him when he announced his dream to be a photographer. That was everyone but Choi Hannah. The girl could understand him, she too was living off the negative comments of others how she’ll will never make her big break. Maybe Luhan needs that reassurance that he isn’t the only one who has that same lonely feeling, he needs someone to tell him that he was doing just fine, that he is doing the right thing. Sometimes with the silent treatment he is getting from his family gets to him, sometimes he believes he should just cut this stupid dream of being a photographer. 

 

Ever since Hannah has entered his life and has been his number one fan, Luhan has stopped thinking negatively. He finally had something to show off his dream to, someone to be proud of and overall, he has someone to wake up in the morning for. That is all caused by Hannah entering his life unexpectedly. Some things come into one’s life and give the worst impressions of life. Some even change their definition of living. You can say Luhan sees Hannah as some gift, a special gift given to him to give him a reason to smile everyday, anticipate and to love. To show that loving someone can actually make a difference to someones life. Sure love wont add years to your life, but it surely will add life to your years. 

 

After closing the cafe Luhan walked Hannah home in the cold weather. Both snuggled tight to keep each other warm, or really, they cuddled together to keep the satisfying feeling that they have each other. Once they reached to Hannah’s dorm building, the two stopped and give each other a hug goodbye. “I’ll see you tomorrow at work?” Hannah asked as Luhan nodded in response.

Hannah made her way to her dorm but was stopped several steps later by Luhan who gripped onto her arm. “Hannah,” he called out making the girl face the boy once again. “I need to ask you something.” It was time, last week Luhan confessed, this week he wants to make her his. “What do you see of me?” Luhan blurted when he finally got Hannah’s question. The question could be answered so many different ways, a human? A great guy? A person she loves? The question confused the girl. “Like as a friend? Or… boyfriend?”  Hannah didn’t say anything but just looked at him not knowing what to say. The silence was something that Luhan knew something was wrong. “Did I say something wrong?”

Hannah just shook her head, the silence only ment that she didn’t know what to exactly say. What are they really? Friends that flirt and kiss each other? But they aren’t even an official couple yet, how can they be when either of the two haven’t popped the question. A confession is just a confession, its only an indication until someone officially drops they ‘lets date’ suggestion. “I don’t know?” Hannah shook her head.

“Aren’t you ever going to ask me out? or are you going to continue flirting with me like its nothing?” It didn’t occur to the girl that two friends with intimate relationship could look so wrong in other people eyes. What exactly was she waiting for? Luhan doesn’t have to be the one asking her out, she can do it. “Luhan..” 

 

“I was joking,” Luhan chuck a chuckle, “But seriously, why don’t we start dating?” 

 

“Are you asking me out?” Hannah’s last confession was from Minho’s three years ago. He did it knowing that Hannah was going to say yes. Now it was different, the situation Hannah was in she can’t possible have a boyfriend. Luhan nodded to much surprise, “Luhan, would you really date me?” 

 

Luhan nodded again, “I don’t know why but you’re very different from the usual girls I like, you have the most adorable laugh, you are beautiful, smart, kind, generous, you have a y body, you have passion and drive in life. What made me really fall in love with you is the fact that you could make me fall in love with you just like. The fact that these simple words I once used on pick up lines for a girlfriend could turn into a deeper meaning when I use it on you. I’m crazy about you and I need to make you mine.”

Hannah looked at the boy a bit, how could she fall for a boy like him so fast so quick? But does love need an answer? Does it need a reason? Hannah fell in love because she did, this time she could feel her love be greater then it once was the first time she fell in love.

“I don’t know Luhan, you should be focusing your dream and my dream as an idol. We are going to be busy doing our own thing, will we have time to see each other? Even date?” Hannah asked. Sure they saw each other at the cafe almost every day but it different actually going on dates. Every minute or two they are greeted by a new customer, how can date?

“Will make it work..” Luhan nodded.

 

—-

 

“Is this you idea of a perfect date?” Hannah laughed as Luhan placed the laptop on the table of the cafe and sat her down next to him. “Hey you said we are busy people, we have no time to date,” Luhan used Hannah’s word against her. 

 

“And you said will make it work, is this really making it work?” Hannah pointed to a laptop, earphone and an open cafe. Luckily it was close to midnight, nobody was entering the cafe so Luhan and Hannah are free to use their time to date.

 

It wasn’t a big event, their date was located in the cafe they worked at. The big movie they were watching was a pirated movie on Luhan’s small laptop. It wasn’t romantic at all. It didn’t matter to Hannah that other girls her age were going on dates much more extravagant then this, but this is all she could afford. Besides, she doesn’t care where she is just as long as she is with Luhan, thats all that matters. 

 

Hannah is happy to having just Luhan by her side. A date isn’t a date without Luhan, her new boyfriend. Suddenly Minho was replaced by the Chinese photographer.