The Meeting

WIN

B.i'sPOV

[Just woke up]

November 15. Ugh……. Just a little wait.

 

then at YG Practice room.

“Kids, you’ll have a meeting later at 5pm at the conference room ok?”

“For what, hyung?” Jinhwan asked

“For your visual concept on your debut.”

“Huh? We’re all needed? Can’t you just go hyung? You’re the manager. We need that 5pm.” I begged.

“The staffs wanted to ask all of you”

“Huhuhuhu. 5pm is our rest time.” Bobby bawled.

“Just go. They said the staffs are different from the usual that’s why.”

“Ugh. Okay, hyung, we’ll be there”

---

We arrived at the conference room but there’s still no people.

So we took the time to just sit there and rest.

It’s been 15 minutes. Though we can actually rest here it’s annoying why the staffs aren’t coming.

Then a quite tall woman came in. She looked unwell.

“oh. Annyeong Haseyeo.”

We also greeted her.

“uhm, first, Im very sorry for being late for a while.”

“It’s okay”

“Thank you. By the way, I’m Kang Leen, Your visual concept’s consultant. I was the one who asked you all to came. I’m so sorry to borrow you. I know you’re quite busy but I needed you to create your concept.”

She’s not looking at us.

“Yeah, uhm..We are..”

“Shh.. I know you already. Its okay” There I saw her smile.

“So, uhm, noona?” I initiated

“I’m same aged as Jinhwan….-shii. Pangga wayo chinggu. ” Then she bowed to Jinhwan. He responded awkwardly too.

“Oh. So it’s noona for everyone except Jinhwan hyung. Nice to meet you Noonim. Please take care of us” Then we all bowed.

“Owww—kay. If we keep doing this it’ll be so awkward I’m going to die. Firstly, please take your seats. From now on we can all be comfortable to each other and speak to each other comfortably. So since, I’m quite older than all of you I’ll speak informally. Okay?” Though her mood is not awkward..her accent is awkward. I saw Bobby and Yoonhyung smiling with that too. “Noona, what province did you came from?” asked Yoonhyung.

“Ow. Sorry. I am not Korean. I came from _________. I’ve been here for 3 years only but I thought I was coping well. Is my accent still not fixed?”

“Really. Well I thought you’re Korean! I just thought your accent has a little sharpness. But really, you’re not Korean? How come your features are almost Korean like? Except that you’re quite tall and slimmer than usual Korean girls.”

“Huh? I’m darker by a lot from you. And my eyes are different. Its maybe because of my make up or my glasses or whatever. If I take off these then I’ll be potato. Haha. ”

“I knew she’s foreign. Her double eyelid is very natural. Haha” said our smarty Donghyuk.

“You see the differences in Koreans and foreigners based just on their eyes?”

“Kind of. 90% Koreans should’ve have single eyelids or have plunging double eyelid. But these days 90% of Korean women seem to have double eyelids so I thought either your eyelids are done pretty well or you’re a foreigner. Haha”

“Wow. Do you always calculate that thought on women you meet?”

“No. It’s just that your eyes caught my attention fast.”

“Pfft..” Bobby was hiding his laughter as well as Yonnhyung and Jinhwan. Joonhoe threw him a rolled bubble gum wrapper. Aissh! THIS KID! “We are very sorry. Our baby learned these things around him.” I excused. She was laughing.

“Gwiyeoweo. Haha. and what baby, I’ve seen his body before. Haha”

“OH. Wait. .Are you..Did you..?” Bobby wondered.

“I am a fan of Team B. Up until now and beyond. ” She smirked. Wow I thought.

“Noona, can I ask how many people will come?” our impatient Joonhoe interrupted.

“Where?”

“huh? Uhm. Here. At this meeting.”

“ah.. Well, it’s just me. Didn’t they tell you?”

All of us looked at her.

“It’s just me and you. And this is our meeting.”

“What???”

Then her phone rang. She read a message.

“Ah, wait. I’ll be back in a second. No, I think for an hour. I’m really sorry for this but you can’t go out this room while I am out. They gave me 3 hours of your time. So instead you can rest or take a nap for a while. Things are quite hectic on the other side so I’ll check first is that okay?”

We’re confused. We just nodded. “Oh, and there are pillows there at that cabinet and you can use that sofa.” Then she’s gone.

“What…are we doing??? We waited then she came then we chatted nonsense things and then she’s gone. Useless time. I just wanna sleep. ” Joonhoe nagged.

“Well she said we can sleep here. And I don’t mind. She’s pretty,” Bobby beamed.

“See! You knew she’s pretty isn’t it? I was serious when I caught her eyes first,” Donghyuk defended.

“I think so too. But she looked..confused at some point. When she first came, she can’t even look at us. And not just her accent but there’s something wrong about how she speaks,” I asked them

“How observable is that,” Yoonhyung

“At some point I also thought that” – Jinhwan

“Either way she’s pretty” – Bobby

“Ugh, She’s taller than me” –Jinhwan

“She’s still pretty” – Bobby

“What are you.” -Joonhoe

“What are you too. I caught you wowing your eyes when she entered idiot, ” - Bobby

Then he smiled. I think so too. Haha

Yoonhyung already got pillows on the cabinet she pointed. “How cute are these?” He threw these pillows at us. Banana, a monster eye, a ghost and a big headed doll.

30 minutes passed and she’s still not back. All of them have already fallen asleep. I can’t sleep, I have to check them. I was just playing my ipad.

49 minutes. She’s back….and she’s blushing, with quite droppy eyes.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leen's POV

After I got out of the room.

“It’s okay, I can do this. WOW. I can’t believe I talked to them that natural. Well, no, if I haven’t drink anything to be this courageous I’d be stuttering so much. Aiggo.”

At a restaurant nearby,

“Yaa, Leen-ah. Why did you leave! Won’t you miss me??? This is my last day here in Korea!!! Because you left, drink this!!!”

God, the meeting coincided with one of my close friend’s despedida party. She’s going to Japan tomorrow, for good. I can’t miss this and so does the meeting with Team B’s. Good thing it’s a block down from YG building. I still sober so no worries going to the meeting. Well its just supposed to be a casual talk so I think having alcohol in my body will be better when I meet them. And it helped!

“DRINK THIS!”

But this amount of soju is…oh god. GULP

“wow! You’re getting good at it my friend. Let’s get drunk forever!!!!!”

Huh. Ohno. My head’s circling. And my beloved friend is already crazy. The crowd is so noisy. UGH.

I stayed for few minutes just eating anything to soothe my crazy head. It’s also very cold outside but I’m already feeling hot. I can’t go back at the office this red!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.i’s POV

“SShhh!! Let them sleep!” She hissed. “Can I talk to you? Follow me”

Oh. She’s drunk. This is frustrating. I am getting angry.

We went to the veranda.

“Are you drunk?”

“Oh. I am still sober. It’s just that this situation can’t be help. I’m so sorry. But I’m still tame,”

“I m sorry too but you can’t go having meetings while you’re drunk. Considering you’re a staff,”

“Okay, ..uhm..relax. The whole YG staff is actually having a party at a resto nearby. So everyone knows. And, I could actually cancel this appointment of yours but your manager, who is also there at the party, told me that tomorrow is your day off and if I pushed this meeting for tomorrow you’ll be more annoyed. Am I not right?”

She has a point.

“So,.. I understand that you’re quite frustrated but aren’t they resting well?” She pointed at them.

She has a point. Which makes me angry again…but for myself. It’s embarrassing I got angry at her. But how kind of her.

“Okay, I’ll explain to you everything else since I think they’re resting well. This meeting is no formalities. This was just an introduction for us to know each other. So, getting to the point. My visual concept can’t be created without me knowing you because if I can get to know you then I’ll know how you’ll be able to work on you music videos and image. Next week Monday, our team will be formally introduced to you but I took this time to because I hate formal events and if we meet for the first time there it’ll be awkward and that’s not my style. But that day, we’ll be starting to introduce you some concepts and in those visuals you can already choose what you want as your image. Since its Wednesday today, I’ll be needing you again on Saturday. It’s already scheduled. I’ll just text your manager what time and where. You got it?”

Saturday, we’ll meet again. That’s the only thing I understood well.

“Okay”

“oh. Wait. Why did I hurry, we still have 45 minutes until 8pm. Hmmm.” - Leen

“Can’t we go now?”

“I’m sorry. Even if I want to cause I know your tired and all. I can’t,”

“Okay, I’ll just wait them for 45 minutes, ”

“Sorry,”

“No its okay. Do you how many times you’ve said sorry today? The moment you entered you said sorry,”

“Haha, sorry,..I mean, well, yeah, I say that a lot, I guess, “

“Don’t you need to rest too?”

“No, of course I can’t, I need to look at you, though my eyes say I need to sleep I don’t want to sleep. Hmm..so instead, what should we do, “

“Hmm..I was thinking, you said you don’t like formalities. That’s cool. Have long have you been working here?”

“Not too long. But I have been working in this field for 3 years since I got here. I was part of a lot of music video makings and my biggest shot was BTOB’s recent music video. Do you know that?”

“oh really, we heard that once so we checked it and it was so cool and surreal. It left a deep impression. The song was good but while watching the music video it turned out to be a movie. The music video was seriously done great. Congratulations on that. Wow”

“You liked it? Thank you. It was hectic after that. And now I’m here. I was thinking your music video should be awesome too. I heard your song and its so powerful. And that’s why its making me crazy!” She bursted.

“We are afraid we might burn your song because of the music video, but mr YG said everything should create an impact. He’s really expectant. That’s why I was hurrying in meeting you. We don’t want to create a concept you won’t like. Thinking of that. I kind of felt your characters while ago,”

“huh?”

“Joonhoe is kind of impatient, Bobby is charming, Yoonhyung is funny, Donghyuk is a kid, Jinhwan is awkward but I think I could get along with him,”

She saw my impression of o.O

“Sorry, that was my observation period. I need to know on how to approach you. Oh, and you are quite silent. I did not expect that, but I don’t see that I’m intimidated by you, am I right?”

“Me? Quiet? Haha. No it’s maybe because .. .  I don’t know. Well, it’s just our first meeting so maybe I’m still shy. Haha”

“AH. So does that mean you also met the BTOB members like this?”

“No, I only met them on the music video set itself. I wasn’t able to befriend them actually,”

“oh? Then how did you make that music video? Each characters were strong”

“We reinvented their image. They needed to get manlier. Haha. So there’s no need of knowing them. In short, their image in that music video does not blend to them. Haha. Does the difference between yours and them. Mr. YG said he wants your characters to blend in your video to introduce you properly, ”

“Ow”

“Meaning you won’t have any hard time in your shooting. It us…huhuh”

I laughed there. “Sorry, then we’ll just work hard so that you’ll be happy”

“oh. So you smile!”

“huh?”

“You’re quite bland. Why don’t you talk instead?”

“What do I say?”

“Anything. Hmmm..what did you do today?”

“Practice? Nothing special. Just the usual.”

“I didn’t expect you to be this serious” She threw me a stern look.

I looked at her too. Then we laughed.

“What da” –Leen

“Why don’t you just sing?”

“HA?! Suddenly you want me to sing?”

“There’s nothing else I can’t think about.”

“Why me?”

“You’re a singer”

“I rap”

“Then rap”

“HUH???”

“What?? Wouldn’t that be fun?” She was laughing

She’s funny huh.

“See, it makes you laugh”

“AH! Why don’t you just sing, noona.”

“Eh?” She blinked twice and then looked inside. “Since you were annoyed before, FINE”

She got up and came back with a huge black case.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah. I can only sing when I drink soju. I discovered that before so let’s not waste this moment while I’m quite drunk,” She smiled and pulled a guitar. Is she really singing?

“What song?Hmmm..” She looked at me.

“AH! Your ‘Just another boy’! That way you’ll sing too. Haha”

“Huh? How do you know that?”

“I told you I am your fan. Okay? I created an acoustic version of this long before but I can’t rap. Oh? This is an honor to be able to sing with the original singer! Whatever, okay. Let’s cut the two lines of Just another boy and clap clap. You sing the first and I’ll do the second. Do all the rap and I’ll do the melody. I’m starting. ”

Then she strummed. She’s good. “Sing okay?” She said.

“Just another boy just another boy I’m just another boy boy boy~”

“Just another girl just another girl I’m just another girl girl girl~”

Wow. Our flow is good. I was smiling the whole time. Her voice is good too. And I kept looking at her.

 After the second verse, the guys have woken up and came to us. Yoonhyung then sung his part, then Donghyuk came. Jinhwan sung his part in bridge. Then everybody sung the Clap part and Bobby danced his Stick with me part. Suddenly the mood brightened up more. Then it ended.

“WAA! I thought I was still dreaming when I heard Hanbin rapping Just another boy.” Yoonhyung

“Noona! You’re good!” –Bobby

“What are you doing here? Why didn’t you woke us up?” – Jinhwan

“She said to not disturb you”

“Ah hyung. Don’t use that excuse. Are you trying to get her alone?” – Donghyuk

“No. I told him to let you rest. I was discussing about things and then we got bored so I sang, well no, we sang. That was awesome guys.” - Leen

“Yeah, that was really awesome. This is the first time I also see Hanbin continuously smiling” –Bobby

“Noona, are you sure you’re a staff and not a trainee? You’re good. Really” – Joonhoe

“Guys, she’s quite drunk” I told them smiling

“I’m not drunk! I just had a few shots but I’m alright” - Leen

“You were with her for just an hour and now your close?” – Donghyuk

“She’s funny. She suddenly sang.”

“What suddenly? You asked me to sing” - Leen

Jinhwan looked at us in suspicion. “Do you actually know each other before?”

“What do you mean? We just met her today.”

“We were just talking. Sorry if we bothered you. Looking at the time, you can now go,”

“Huh? So what did we actually did here? Sleep?” Joonhoe

“Kind of. Don’t get angry. She actually did a favour to us so that we won’t go here tomorrow and ruined our day off”

“But what did we actually discuss which makes sense?” Joonhoe

“This casual talks. It’s your introduction. I can see your quite impatient,” She answered Joonhoe. He was taken aback not just because of her straightforward response but because of her smile. Huh. Even Joonhoe.

Hmm..She’s sober now. Got an idea. “Let’s eat”

“You two???” Bobby saw me looking only at her.

“I MEAN US. Let’s all eat together. It’s dinner time”

“No, you can go. I am good” – Leen

“I agree on that with hyung. I still need to get close to you. You’re already close to hyung.” – Donghyuk pouted

She smiled, “Fine