October 25

WIN

Today, October 25, 2017. “It’s been 4 years huh” I talked to the poster. “How its going? I hope you’re all doing fine. Especially you leader” I always talk to this poster and it was a regular thing to me. Haha. Even Lala once caught me talking to them and now she sees it natural.

Actually, I’ve kept track in them. After that cruel battle ended up on October 25, 2013, I heard in a trusted source that YG on the least of his mercy didn’t actually disband them but he said he can’t promise any date of debut since Winner(Team A) has been doing good. I’ve also heard before that he wanted to debut Bi, Jinhwan and y alone but they the three disagreed and said they’ll only go up on stage only if the 6 of them goes leaving their training to more years. Since my work require ones 24 hours I can’t actually try and see them myself. I was once offered from a YG staff that I can enter YG training house but wasn’t able to come because of an unexpected meeting. I regretted that chance for months, really. Now I can actually see photos of them from this source on what they’re upto. They’re now in their 20s. “Men” I imagined smirking. Then theirs my inner fan girl again :))

 After talking to them(the poster actually), I received a  message from our creative director. He said JYP himself is calling for a meeting.

----

 

“A friend called me and said he needed help from you.” JYP said with his usual commanding strong voice. “There’s a project he’s about to launch and he saw your concept on the previous JJ Project music video very good. We all know that that MV received a very good response and I myself was very pleased with the result. To go direct to the point, he wants to borrow some of you for this launch”

My eyes got wider and my heart pounded. That was my idea actually but I can’t solely claim it since a lot of parts were made more beautiful because of our team work. Then my seatmate said “Sir, actually it was her idea before hand.” He pointed at me. “Ow. Really? What your name again?” JYP asked. “Leen, Sir” I answered.

“Ah you’re the creative tall foreigner beauty they’ve been talking about”

“Huh, Sir? Who said that?”

“Them. Haha. I’ve heard a lot about you. So Leen, I’ll get straight to the point. Since you’re the one incharge of that amazing music video before, would you like to work with YG for a couple of months?”

“That’s okay for me Sir if that- WAIT, Sir, did you just say YG?!”

“Yes Leen-shii. Yang Hyunsuk hyung asked me. I said yes, but I also said that he can’t have your loyalty once you finish that project. Haha. We can’t lose you Miss Leen”

I just stared in disbelief. The logo of YG keep showing in my head.

“Miss Leen?”

“A yes Sir?”

“Do you agree to be part of creating the grand entrance of Team B for now?”

My eyes got bigger. “Team B?”

“Yes. Winner’s rival before. Do you remember?” He smiled

“Okay sir” I said blankly.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After meetings of each company agreeing, three of us in our team came to help the creative team of YG. I have been keeping a good record of creating wonderful ideas ever since but this time I felt really nervous and for 2 weeks I still can’t decide on what do I do. My 2 companions Sara and Junhee are mostly dependent on me since I visualize the concept first and then they’ll help me complete it after. But these past days, I can’t concentrate much. I can’t seem to imagine that after all these years I’m now going to see them again, not just as a fan but also as a part of their production design team. I was greatly inspired by them but now, . . their’s just no words. As mainstream as it is, this is a dream come true.

 

At our office,

“What again??” I asked out of annoyance, Sara kept looking at me.

“All these times that I’ve been with you, I know how talented you are but this is somewhat frustrating. You’re crazy over that YG team saying they’re one of your inspirations why you got here in Korea. You were waiting for them for years and isn’t it great that your part of their debut? Thinking that, I was expecting you’re going to make the grandest concept you could ever made but OH MY GOD, what are all those papers you’re throwing??”

Yes she’s very very VERY straightforward. She’s my best girl here at work. She’s from the States. She’s brighter than me but she doesn’t know how to lead a team so I handled her instead. She got the chic personality but she’s nice, well if you can handle her, haha.

“First off, thank you for those words. THAT’S A HUGE PRESSURE MISS. Second, haayyyy…I don’t know! I just don’t know what should I do. We’ve done a lot of group concepts before but this team is very special. They were known before unlike the usual fresh faces of other debuting groups. Also, there’s a lot of expectation to them.”

“Then that makes it more interesting isn’t it? It’s already given that they are special, from YG and are already known so all you need to do is to create their image. What’s so hard????”

“Actually there is already a solution to this long before, you know..our technique

“AH! Then do it now idiot! We have all the permission!”

“But,… they’re my stars…I can’t even imagine talking to them.”

“Watdahel. Ugh Gross. You weirdo stop being like that and focus on your work as always. We don’t have much time.”

“I can’t,..”

“Fine. You can’t. Then cancel your contract and throw this blessing you received like nothing. How stupid of you.”

I made a sad face. Then she slapped me.

“WILL YOU PLEASE quit that irritating mushy fan attitude now and FOCUS! They're also humans like you what the hell! It's the best way to create the perfect concept if we know their attitude and story. Let's start befriending them tomorrow OK?! AIGOO~”

Then she left. 

 

eotteokae?