Stars

WIN

“Aissh..when will she go out???!! I’m freezing here..i can’t even contact her, she doesn’t even pick my calls..”

Hanbin had been sitting at the front of Leen’s apartment for 1 and a half hour now. It’s freaking cold outside and though he’s dress hideously and thickly he’s still feeling the frosty wind right through his bones.

“AM I THIS MASOCHIST?! 15minutes and if she still doesn’t arrive….ARGH! If I don’t see her then all this effort are useless..meohaneun geoya chigeum?! (what am I exactly doing right now?!)”

15minutes passed and it’s already quarter to 10pm. “This is so pissing me off,” He gave up and then rushed to the nearby convenient store for some coffee and refugee.

Tss, WHAT DID I JUST DO THERE??? Argh. He thought while downing his coffee in one go. Just then he heard the counter person “Oh Leen-ah, this is unusual, you got out in a winter’s night,haha..is it napkin again??”

“Yah Unnie, be quiet! Yeah, I didn’t thought I ran out of it. Ugh, it’s always a hassle….Thanks, aigoo…seriously it’s so cold outside!!” – Leen

Hanbin looked at the person and with a pissed mood he followed Leen as she goes.

“YAH NOONA!” Hanbin yelled to her. Leen looked back. “Who are you?” She can’t recognized Hanbin with his covered face.

“Bi ya”

“meo?”

Then he caught up with her.

“It’s your Bi,,”

“What are you doing here?!”

“eyy Noona can you slow down??”

“IT’S COLD!!”

“Then why did you go out with only your pajamas??”

Leen just walked fast. Soon after they reached Leen’s apartment and they got inside the building.

“Waa, you’re pink!”

Leen tapped her face with her hands “Why are you here?!”

“Yah, Noona I waited for you outside for forever. I almost became a block of ice.”

“Are you stupid? Why didn’t you just contact me?”

“Did you ever care about my texts and calls?? You never replied”

“I may not reply but I see them all the time, idiot…whatever, what? What are you doing here???”

“Well, ahem…uhm, can I have ramyeon on your dorm?”

Seeing Hanbin going pale, Leen agreed though she knows he just wanna hang out in her dorm. He instantly finished one whole pack of it.

“If you don’t have anything else, you can go now. I’m going out”  -Leen

“Huh? Where?” – Hanbin. He looked at her dressed up now. Well, not really dressed well and he has no idea where she’s going based on her plain appearance.

“Date” As she put her thick black trench coat.

“Eh??”

“I have a date so if you don’t have any important words to say let’s just go down together and you go home”

“At this hour??” It’s already 10:30pm

“Why do you care? Just go home…oh, but wash that bowl first”

“With Minho hyung?”

Leen looked at her phone. Someone message her. She grabbed her ghost doll.

“I’m going down. Get up!” She pulled her in his seat.

Much as Hanbin hated the idea he agreed to leave the room with her to see who’s meeting her. As they go down the front he saw a black car at front. Then someone called Leen,

“Yeah, I’m already here at the front can’t you see—“ the Hanbin grabbed the phone from her

“Hello, who is--, oh, Suzy sunbae!” Leen was already trying to get her phone back but Hanbin was protecting it from her, “Mianhe, uhm,,yes, this is me….haha,…yeah, uhm, I’m very sorry but I’m thinking of getting Leen tonight, can I have her? We need to talk about things” As soon as he said that Leen tried to runaway to the car in front of them just a block away but Hanbin grabbed her before she can. “Oh, thank you sunbae…ayy,,thanks Suzy Noona..ne, have a goodnight”

Then they saw the car infront of them opened its window and Suzy waved them goodbye while shouting “YAH, MAKE HER HAPPY! TAKE CARE!” then she goes off.

“ZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Leen tried her best but she was ignored. Then she turned to Hanbin “YAAHH!!! I can’t miss that sleepover!”

“Date huh,”- Hanbin smirked at her. Leen then rampaged going back to her building but Hanbin grabbed her again.

“Noona, I told Suzy Noona I’ll have you,”

“Shireo! I’m going back in and just sleep!!! Let go of me!”

“Haay,, I’m sorry but we have to talk” Hanbin then carried Leen on his shoulders upto his car.

Leen didn’t talk on the car but just hugged her doll and frowned all the way. Hanbin was feeling bad but he really wants to talk to her again. He missed her.

“Okay, I’m sorry”

After 4 minutes she spoke “I’m hungry, buy me food” That’s more surprising more than how she doesn’t ask where they are going.

“Huh? You want to dine in?!” Seriously this girl is so strange

“NO! Let’s go to a store”

They drove to the nearest convenient store they saw. Leen picked many things.

“Are you going to eat all of these?”

“yeah”

After they bought many things, Leen began to eat her burgers and fries at the car. Hanbin can’t even eat cause he’s driving. Leen felt a little mercy and cut a huge part of her burger then fed it to him. That made her laugh while Hanbin was annoyed. He tried his best to swallow it.

“So that makes you happy?”

She stopped laughing ,“It’s boring! We’ve been driving for 15 mins in silence GOSH”

“You were the one who started this awkward ambience”

“AH SINCHA if we don’t arrive at the place by 5 minutes I’m seriously not going to talk to you,”

“We’re here” as he slowed down and find a space to park.

They really finally arrived.

It’s a place at a top of a hill, open and private. Only their car and trees are arounf them. In front of them is the beautiful view of Seoul’s night lights.

Leen went out and saw it. Hanbin saw her expression and she saw her eyes sparkles.

“Not Seoul, look up” – Hanbin went to her side.

Leen looked up. The night sky is more beautiful. Stars filled Leen’s eyes as she looked up. She smiled and felt sad at the same time. Hanbin looked at her and she saw a tear falling from her eyes.

“Wha-why?”

This is the first time she saw her face full of loniless. He doesn’t even know what to do. Leen just fell silent and wiped her tears but it kept falling. It’s not like she was weeping but with her eyes open, tears just keep falling. Hanbin offered her handkerchief. She held it and wiped her eyes…then,

..smashed Hanbin with her doll.
 

“AH!” –Hanbin

“Why did you bring me here?!” – Leen. She’s back to her usual self.

“Why do you just always smack me with that thing?? Aissh..”

“Why?” Leen asked, not angry but curious.

“I saw your scrapbook last time isn’t it? You seem to like stars, it’s obvious on your scrapbook design. I just thought you’d love to see the real stars..but.. . I’m sorry if it made you sad.”

“Tss..” then she layed down at the front of the car where Hanbin placed a blanket. Hanbin also layed. Then just looked at the stars for a while then Leen spoke,

“So you saw those black photos huh?”

“That’s were I got the idea. I saw the captions and they always seem to describe how wonderful your night is. Without the captions no one will ever really know you actually pictured the night sky”

“Haha..yeah, you see ordinary cameras can’t capture the stars. Though I still captured them, to keep me reminded..Though those stars supposed to be in the picture. . only exists in my memory,”

Hanbin looked up again after to her. The night’s sky is simply mesmerizing.

“Hmm, seeing them now, I’m finally appreciating them huh, “ - Hanbin

“Such a city boy,”

“Guess so,,wait..so, you’re~”

“a country girl, “ she smiled, “for the first 17 years of my life, I see them everynight…until I moved to the city,”

Now he understood more. So she missed her old self..her home. Just like Bobby hyung. Though hyung doesn’t get sad with these kind of things, he’s still a city boy…but her.

“I had to leave my family to move in the city to attend university when I was 17. For 4 years until I graduated I was able to get home and I stayed for 1 month then I left again….i flew all the way to South Korea, sacrificing everything, my friends, my family, my country, my language, just completely everything.. to chase for my dreams. “

Ahh..He kept looking at her.

Hanbin just felt sad. He couldn’t even imagine not seeing his sister Hanbyu; for even 1 month. But for 7 years?! He can’t even think of it..but Leen did it.

“Sometimes I thought I was just a lunatic fangirl going here throwing away my old self to immerse myself to my fandom. I feel bad sometimes, thinking I betrayed my own race or that I love Kpop more than my family but I’m actually happy on what I do. It’s not just fandom after all. It’s love and it’s my passion for arts too. . . though . . .whenever I think of my family, I feel like I betrayed them.” Her eyes started to moisten,

“It hurts me more that I can’t be compelety happy for whatever I achieve because I can’t share it with them. I was never completely happy, I feel like a bad daughter. Though I can’t also be happy without this job, this dream. So my happiness never felt complete and it’s the most frustrating thing,” She got up and tears flow. Hanbin got up too and hugged her shoulders. She just look at the stars and bit her lips trying to control her expression and tears. Then she closed her eyes.

Hanbin wiped her tears, held her face and looked at her in the eyes, “You’re not a bad daughter. You’re one of the best woman I met in my life. You are strong,”

Leen likes the stars so much but she don’t want to look at them often. Cause as much as theirs a lot of memories of her family and friends back at her home from them are the amount of sadness she feels whenever she thought of them. And it’s kind of an automatic feeling to her whenever she sees the stars.

“I hate you” - Leen

“huh??” Hanbin suddenly dropped his hands from her face,

“You brought me here idiot!” Smacked him again with her doll “and made me cry” – She smirked. Still with swollen watery eyes. How can her mood change that quick?? Aigoo

“Aw!, sorry~ I told you I didn’t mean it” he mumbled

“Ya, I’ve told my life to you already while you’re the one who should be saying things to me. What is it??” She want to change the topic and not fill herself eith sadness right now.

 Meoya, that’s too fast. Uhm, say?? I don’t really know.  “Well,..” - Hanbin

“I don't want to hear 'i miss you, i just want to see you" bla bla bla.”

“H-huh?”

“It’s cold now let’s just go and you just rest. Bi you’re just wasting your time with me,”

She get down the front of the car then Hanbin stopped her. “I have,..”

“What?”

“but..I..I..just that.. . .” He can’t really say other things rather than ‘I just want to see you, talk to you,’ But then he can't,

Then she spoke,

“Bi, didn’t I told you before that I don’t want to date you."

"I like you.."

"Hmf! Bi!! I don’t want to lose you,”

“huh?” 

“I appreciate your fondness of me. I was just your fan before then I met you as a person not as a celebrity. You became my friend. I just met you for the first time before and I felt like I could trust you easily. And I never doubted that and now you’re the only guy I could share my personal thoughts and stories with. We’ve not known each other too much but I got comfortable to you immediately. And that’s why I don’t want to ruin everything. Bi, I like you. I like you as my trusted buddy and now that you said you liked me, I think… you still can't prove that. It’s too early for you to say that.”

 

 

He was still holding her hands. After dropping her eye contact to her, he pushed up Leen’s jacket from her left hand part and smiled at the only bracelet she was wearing.



"You're right. it's too early to prove that i like you. Okay, then i'll take my time. I'm good at taking my time. I chased a dream all my life that I thought was just a hobby when i was a kid but then passion grew in me. For years that came it never faded out. Instead, it grew more. I could say my beginning is the same feeling I felt for you, " He smirked and look at her again. Leen shivered. He then held her hand and pulled her to the car as they drove home.