Kiss Me And Shut Up

Because Kissing Seems To Solve Everything

 

 

 

Dahae shuts her locker, sighing while running a hand through her already messed-up hair. Pushing her geeky glasses up her nose, she was about to turn and walk to the library when someone knocked her over, making her crash to the ground as her legs gave way. Her books flew around her and the scattered pages decorated the hard, wooden floor which had made contact with her just seconds ago.

She winced, but looked up slowly, knowing exactly what was going to happen to her.

Byun Freaking Baekhyun.

 

‘Four eyes, can you not stand in my way while I’m walking?’ he cocked his head to the side playfully, a malicious glint in his eyes. She sighed, more annoyed than scared by his meaningless threats which were now just a constant reminder of what she went through everyday. It came to the point where he didn’t even matter anymore, just like a pesky mosquito that wouldn’t go away no matter how hard she swatted at it.

But today was no ordinary day.

Her boyfriend- Kim Myungsoo- had dumped her, yesterday.

Because of another girl.

Who? Park Sohee.

 

She had seen everything; from the way he was biting her face off like there would be no food for him tomorrow, to the -groping gestures he managed to make with his hands even when his uppder body was occupied with hers. Dahae had felt her heartstrings pulled at the side when he suddenly looked up, and did the most horrible thing.

He smirked.

She thought she had least had a chance, she thought that It was all a misunderstanding and that he would have flew to her side, blossoming her faces with apologetic kisses as he murmured his way through a comprehensible explanation.

Not this time; this time, he kept her gaze, but continued kissing the girl like an animal. Not bearing anymore of it, she ran away, tears stinging at the back of her eyes.

 

It hurt. It hurt like hell. She felt like one part of her heart had been torn away, leaving the other side hanging and disconnected. Her mind was numb, her feelings torn. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying she did last night, no thanks to him. Not even an hour or slep had drained her system, having the constant image of Myungsoo kissing the girl passionately like he had never kissed her before. God, if this was what in love was, she never wanted to experience ever again. The loss was too great of a burden to bear, and that’s when Dahae’s heart turned to stone. From this moment, she vowed to herself to loathe and detest men.

And that included Byun Baekhyun.

Usually, she wouldn’t have replied back, being the shy nerd she was, but this time; enough was enough.

 

‘what the hell do you want Byun Baekhyun?’ she finally hissed back, her eyes narrowing into dangerous slits.

The boy seemed taken aback by her weird response, but soon recovered it with a snigger ‘ooh, the kitten has finally found her tongue’

 

The group of exo boys tried keeping straight faces, but some of the maknaes kept sniggering here and there. He himself cackled with laughter and shook his head pityingly, like she was some kind of vermin, which he found amusing to watch.

 

‘I’m sick of you and your bull.’ She snapped viciously, coiling like a snake.

 

‘Me and my bull?’ He took a step forward, a playful smirk lighting his lips. She tried not shivering under his eye-liner coated gaze that seemed to pierce holes through her skin. Why was it only his eyes that made her feel like jelly? Why was it his presence that she feared the most? All she knew was that Byun Baekhyun was a freaking reptile. He never ever smiled. But when he did, it came as close to a smirk.

 

‘is that all you can come up with, Jung Dahae?’ as he took another step, she scrambled back on her knees, her breath hitching in . She knocked herself mentally on the head for having replied back to him. Now she was in for some trouble. Damn, she cursed inwardly.

 

But she wasn’t going to back down.

Not today. Baekhyun had hit on the wrong stone to pick on.

 

She snapped.

 

‘are you having fun?!’ she burst up from the floor ‘you love tormenting people, don’t you?! You don’t know how that feels right?!’ without knowing what she was doing, she marched towards him and with a hand, snatched his tie and brought his face forward.

‘yes, I’m sick of you and your bull’ she banged him against the nearby locker ‘I’m sick of you’

 

 She banged him once again before assembling her books and walking away like nothing had happened. The hord of students that had gaped at the sudden scene opened up to let her through, and this time, she didn’t feel as bad as she was supposed to. For once, she had stood up for herself, and that felt great.

Baekhyun could only stare at her retreating back, her echoing footsteps that slowly melted away. His jaw was open, and suddenly snapped back to reality. He cleared his throat upon seeing a crowd of students staring boldly back at him. Obviously, this wasn’t the normal behavior of the cool badass prince, and he gulped. ‘what are you all staring at?!’

The crowd dispersed, and he raked a hand through his already disheveled hair. ‘dammnit, Jung Dahae’

 

‘hyung, you got owned there’ Chanyeol remarked.

 

‘ her!’ he spat out the words with incessant aggressiveness, and the group recoiled.

‘yah, calm down. Why are you overreacting? It’s just Jung Dahae’ Chen shrugged ‘I mean, a nerd. Why are you worked up for nothing?’

 

‘I’m not ing worked up for anything! What the hell are you talking about?!’ he snapped, irritated.

 

‘That right there’ Luhan pointed at Baekhyun’s face, a tilt of his lips curving into a knowing smile ‘is overreacting’

 

Baekhyun pushed his hand away violently ‘shut up! Why would I be anyway?!’

‘Maybe..’ Kyungsoo trailed off, his eyes as wide as saucers ‘maybe you like her!’

 

‘me? Like her? Pfft. please~’ Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

‘hmm, what an interesting opinion Kyungsoo’ Kai patted the older’s head ‘it’s nice to see you using your head, ain’t that right?’

 

‘hey, what’s that supposed to mean?!’

 

‘nothing hyung, nothing at all~’ Kai sniggered. Baekhyun rolled his eyes again to the ceiling, praying to the gods how exactly they turned out to be friends. They looked cold, they looked cool and awesome; but inside, the exo boys were just a full bunch of lame- dorks that were too cheesy for their own good.

He couldn’t like Dahae! Come on, she was the worst-looking girl in SM High! She was everything Baekhyun hated: silent, mysterious, playing hard to get and a nerd. Hiding behind those geeky glasses of hers, she never – in the whole wide world- made eye contact with him. Well, Baekhyun thought that everyone should be worshipping him by now, but not her, not Dahae. She would just turn that impertinent head of hers whenever he passed by, and he knew it was just because of him. He saw her once having a nice chat with Luhan and Tao, so that meant that she wasn’t totally a nun. But there was one thing that always annoyed him; the fact that she ignored his mere presence even when he was standing right next to the boy she was talking to.

 

He didn’t mean to brag but come on; Byun Baekhyun was one of the hottest dudes in SM high, who didn’t want him must either be lesbian or…well lesbian.

Why couldn’t she act all cheerful and friendly around him too?

Did she hate him that much? Probably, with all the bullying he does.

 

A warm hand clasped around his shoulder suddenly, and he turned to see the duizhang with his usual pokerface.

‘you must think I’m crazy but..’ Kris’s eyes swept to the area where Dahae had been standing a few seconds ago ‘..i think you like her too’

 

Baekhyun could only gape, jaw slack ‘what?’

The thing was, when Kris said something, it always happened, however much one tried to avoid it.

 

‘w-what are you saying so suddenly Kris hyung’ the smaller laughted awkwardly, scratching the back of his head ‘of course I don’t like her, I hate her’

 

‘why do you hate her?’ Kris replied with a raised brow.

Baekhyun paused. Why do I hate her? “B-B-Because she’s…a-a nuisance?’

 

‘first symptom; you stutter Baek. Second: you can’t even reply to that’ Kris tapped his nose affectionately and tilted his lips into a one-sided smile; a smug smile ‘figure it out Baek, I can’t spell it out for you’

 

He left Baekhyun standing there, shocked like he had just revealed the biggest secret of his life.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Do I like her? Wait-What am I thinking?! I HATE HER, YES, HATE HATE HATE

Baekhyun grimaced at the figure in front of him. Jung Dahae was the epitome of ugliness. Even when she did something as feminine as to curl her hair behind her ear, she made him want to wretch with all the stupid tingles that made his stomach curl.

His leg suddenly shocked out to kick her chair on impulse. She jumped and turned around, a frown scattered over her face.

Usually, she would just ignore him and bend her head shyly, but not today. She shot him a look so full of spite and hate that made Baekhyun’s heart reel with foreign feelings. Oh, but how he hated it, they felt disgusting and created goosebumps over his skin.

 

Oh Baekhyun, how wrong you were to actually think what you felt was hate.

After all, hate blossomed from love.

 

‘Yah’ he called out to her when the bell rang for lunch. She ignored him completely and busied herself with packing her books into her bag. He frowned and scrunched his eyebrows together; why was she acting weird today? He cursed inwardly. This wasn’t the normal behavior of Jung Dahae, as much as he hated her guts.

He walked over to her and stood right in front of her ‘Yah’ He called out again.

 

Still, she didn’t acknowledge his presence, even ducking out under his arm to pass. A nerve snapped and twisting around, he gripped her wrist tightly into an iron grip, so hard that she whimpered.

“YAH!’ he glared at her ‘who do you think I am, dirt?’

‘does my name see like ‘yah’ to you?’ she replied flatly.

 

‘it’s as good as’ he shot back.

 

She snatched her arm away so violently that it hit the table edge, making her wince. But her gaze stayed hard, and there was a new something that was swimming in her eyes, something new that seemed to add to the coldness.

This was the look of a broken heart.

A broken soul.

 

He wasn’t an experience psychologist, but he knew what he saw.

 

‘hey,’ he murmured, grasping her arm again but this time with more gentleness; with care ‘are you alright?’

‘does it look like I’m alright to you?! I’m being bullied every single second of my life!’ she replied sarcastically back ‘and god yes, I’m okay!’ she pulled back again but this time, hurt flashed across her face. She turned away and started walking out of the class but stopped again. ‘do me a favour Baekhyun’

 

Baekhyun gulped, waiting.

The words she muttered slashed at the air like ice crystals ‘get out of my life’

 

---------------------------------

 

‘hey’ Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun ‘you okay, dude?’

‘yeah, just dandy’ Baekhyun muttered back, seemingly like death himself. The exo boys exchanged some knowing looks, and Kris just smiled to himself, placing his hands over his mouth to muffle the bubbling laughter that was about to erupt from his lips.

This was the confused Baekhyun; and for once the table was silent.

 

Dahae sat with her friends, talking and laughing but she wasn’t into the conversation, Baekhyun could see right through her mask. Her smile was too strained, too fake. Her eyes never glinted with the usual spark of joy, and she just laughed for the sake of it. All in all, she looked sick.

‘Dahae,’ one of her friends nudged her with a small smile lighting her lips ‘he’s looking at you again’

‘who?’ Dahae turned her eyes to lock on Baekhyun’s. He didn’t flinch or look away, embarrassed by his action. Instead, he just continued gazing at her with an unreadable expression in his eyes. She turned back hastily and shrugged while rolling her eyes. ‘tsch’

‘what tsch? He’s practically sending you puppy looks! Gosh!’ her friend fanned herself with red cheeks ‘ and may I say that he looks goddamn hot with that eyeliner of his’

Dahae through a piece of food at her friend, chuckling ‘oh, stahpityou’

‘oh, I’m sorry, he’s all yours of course’ she laughed.

‘shut up’

‘but Dahae,’ her other friend grasped her hand tenderly, a worried look on her face ‘you have to move on. Myungsoo was a to do that to you, but you can’t stick to the past. It’s over okay?’ she squeezed her hand tightly, and Dahae looked at her thankfully.

‘thanks’ she replied softly, biting her lip.

‘now, what were we saying about Baekhyun’s goddamn y eyeliner?’ she returned back to her flirtatious self and the girls laughed.

Dahae shook her head and got up ‘I’m going to get juice’

 

As she made her way through the crowd, she passed by the queenka table, and one of them had the guts to sneer ‘oh, look, it’s the peasant’

 

Dahae halted. What did she say?

‘oh oops’ one of them- Shim Mihye- dropped her food on the floor and pointed it to Dahae ‘peasant, you better get that before the maintenance snatches it away from you’

‘After all, that’s going to be your breakfast, lunch and dinner’ they all cackled with laughter like a bunch of hyenas picking on their preys. Hot tears pricked the back of Dahae’s eyes, and the latter blinked furiously, not wanting to let herself get beaten by those stupid es.

She took a composed breath and took a step forward when a voice stopped her again ‘Oi, peasant. Are you sure you don’t want that piece of food? That may be the last thing you’ll ever have’

A cold, menacing hand twisted her arm around and before she knew it, they had taken off her large specs and thrown them onto the floor. ‘oh, oops’ Mihye grimaced and faked a gasp ‘sorry. I guess you’ll just have to feel your way out?’

 

Dahae had had enough, this was her limit. As strong as she appeared to be, her walls were slowly stripping down, and tears were busy swelling in her eyes.

‘oooh, is the poor baby crying?’ Mihye clucked her tongue like a snake, her eyes slanted into a narrow glare. ‘let me-‘ she gasped.

 

Dahae was about to frown in confusion when a sudden pair of arms wrapped around her waist, the touch gentle and tender like she was as fragile as a newborn baby. Producing a gasp of her own, her head snapped up to see who the culprit was and was about to kick him in the balls for having touched her without her freaking permisision.

But all those thoughts scattered away when she met eyes with him.

Byun Baekhyun.

Baekhyun.

Baek…

WAIT WHAT?!

 

‘Baekhyun oppa..’ Mihye took a step back, astounded at the sight.

 

‘what’s up baby?’ he ignored Mihye’s words and looked concerned. His fingers reached out to brush the tears that were threatening to escape out of Dahae’s eyes. She thought that she was dreaming. There was no way that Byun-annoying-Baekhyun was here with this soft look on his face that made him look innocent and gentle. He blinked and looked worried. For who? She thought, dazed. Not for me.

‘why are you crying?’ he softly whispered. He raised his eyes to the culprit-Mihye- and his gaze hardened like steel. The gentle Baekhyun was replaced by the cold and aloof one, and Dahae couldn’t help but shiver.

‘apologize’ his voice was as clear as crystal water.

Mihye pouted ‘but oppa, I-‘

‘APOLOGIZE’ he gritted his teeth, hugging her tightly against his chest.

Mihye seemed to be in a mental debate before she sighed exasperatedly ‘sorry’ she announced bluntly.

 

‘I don’t want you picking on her ever again’ Baekhyun hissed.

‘but oppa’ one of the girls sprang up to her feet ‘you bully her too’

‘me? Why should I?’ he smirked and pressed his cheek against the top of Dahae’s head, and she thought she saw stars dancing behind her eyes ‘she’s my girlfriend’

Dahae’s head snapped her head up, surprised by the words he had just said. Did she just hear correctly? Or was Baekhyun just drugged today?! “Wha-‘

He covered her protest with his lips, a short peck that lasted less than 10 seconds, but that was enough to send her to dreamland ‘jagiya, don’t be shy~’ he teased.

The whole cafeteria gasped, but he didn’t care what they thought.

He bent down to retrieve her glasses, but instead of giving it to her, he pocketed it. He then grasped her hand and entwined his fingers with hers, sending another reeling look towards the queenkas as he dragged her out of the cafeteria.

 Dahae’s heart was reeling. Why?Why did he do that?! He just added oil to the fire dammnit! She thought angrily, wiping the back of her lips with her hand. Why does he care in the first place? This wasn’t the Byun Baekhyun I know! Thoughts were juggling around her mind, clashing, bashing against each other, clanging….there were just too much. She shuddered and felt a hint of a migraine slowly appear. Great, she told herself sarcastically this just makes my day.

 

They were halfway down the hallway now, and she stopped in her tracks, stopping his body too. She removed her hands from his grip- not that she was complaining, she liked the feeling- and clenched her jaw. Something was stopping her from jumping and clawing his eyes out at this instant, but whatever it was, she was thankful, for it didn’t unleash the beast inside her that was dying to kill Byun Baekhyun, or to skin him alive.

 

‘WHAT DID YOU JUST-‘ he shut her up again by smashing his lips onto hers, silencing her cries. His tongue didn’t hesitate to slip in when she gasped, and with both hands wrapping around her waist, he lifted her against him to press her against a wall. As much as she liked the feeling, this had to stop. She wasn’t one of his that kissed him all day and night but meant nothing to him. She felt like a toy, like an object that Baekhyun only needed for a short space of time.

 

With some big effort of hers, she tore her lips away ‘NO BAEKHYU-‘ he kissed her again, his hands reaching down to cup her derriere.

Her hands attempted to bat his away ‘what the !-‘ His deft hands squeezed her lightly, and she gasped against the sensation and he took this advantage to ram his lips onto hers again. She had had some make-out sessions with Myungsoo, but never this passionate, never this…savage. Baekhyun kissed her like it was the last time he was seeing her, it was with deep, tongue-filled caresses. He was a good kisser.

 

 

She tried biting his lip to stop him but instead of feeling the pain like any normal person was supposed to, an actual low growl resounded at the back of his throat and he increased the pressure of his kisses. His mouth finally disconnected from hers, and as she tried regaining her normal breathing back, he left open-mouthed kisses down her neck to on her collarbone.

 

‘s-stop, p-please stop …’ she panted breathlessly as he kept marking her over and over again, as his.

‘STOP, GODDAMNIT!’ an extreme force came out of nowhere to push the boy away, and he staggered back, breathless. Raking a hand through his disheveled hair, he stepped forward again to enclose her personal space.

 

‘god Baekhyun I’m not just some toy you can throw around!’ she cried, anger burning like a small volcano at the pit of her stomach. He cupped her cheeks ‘ I like you’  he murmured before she felt his lips again. Too stunned, it took a few seconds for her to acknowledge what he had actually said.

 

‘w-wow, wait-‘using a hand in an attempt to push his shoulder, he replied by just pressing his body closer to hers. ‘just kiss me already’ he whispered roughly and kept going on.

 

‘yah!’ she turned her face to the side, so vigorously that their lips disconnected with a loud ‘pop’ sound. This lead him on to nuzzle her cheek, sighing softly against her skin.

‘we need to talk’ she muttered through her heavy breaths.

‘no, you need to kiss me’ he said loud enough for her to hear. She frowned and pushed him away ‘no, we need to talk-‘

Suddenly grasping her two hands, he entwined them together and suddenly leaned in, a soft smile tugging his lips upwards. A smile? She blinked Did I just imagine that or did Byun Baekhyun just…smile?

 

‘kiss now, talk later’

‘what?! NO!’ she extracted herself from his grip and ran all the way to a classroom. He followed soon after, but she made sure to stand behind a table so that something was in between them. Wiping the lips with the back of her hand, she winced. Byun Baekhyun was one heck of a good kisser that was for sure. His experienced touch compared to Myungsoo only made the latter seem completely pathetic.

 

‘okay, what the hell is going on?’ she asked coldly.

 

‘I told you, I like you’ he tried advancing but she raised a hand to his face, a ‘stop’ motion with her palm.

‘so?’

 

he frowned ‘what so? I told you I like you, kiss me now’

 

‘no’ she shook her head sternly ‘what the is going on, Baekhyun?’

 

he blinked blanky at her.

Omg, she whacked herself mentally across the head. ‘you and I,’ she motioned with her fingers ‘you bully me, remember?’

 

‘So?’

 

‘So?’ she took a deep breath, the volcano exploding ‘YOU CAN’T KISS SOMEONE YOU HATE OUT OF NOWHERE YOU !’

 

‘oh~’ he looked away awkwardly ‘I never said I hated you, I just told you I like you’

 

‘oh, so the pushing, the shoving, scattering my books everywhere, calling me four eyes and stuff,’ her hands clenched at her sides, curling into fists ‘what was that for?!’

 

‘But, how was I supposed to get your attention?’ he suddenly pouted, and even thought Dahae didn’t have her glasses on, she could still see what an adorable sight he was. Her eyes widened before she gulped and tore her eyes away.

‘Oh, I don’t know Baek,’ she shot back ‘maybe some innocent flirting or two?’

‘yeah yeah, can I kiss you now?’

Ohmygod, I can’t believe Byun Baekhyun is actually saying all this, she thought to herself.

 

‘no you can’t!’

‘why not?’

 

‘how do you even know I like you?’ she glared at him. He sent a mischievious smirk, and she shivered suddenly under his intense gaze.

‘easy, I’ll just kiss you and-‘ ‘ohmygod what is up with you and kissing?!’ she cut him off. ‘is that all you think about?’

 

‘well,’ he stuck out his tongue ‘I like kissing you, is that so bad?’

 

She could only gape. What? What was going on? Was he stoned or something? Because frankly, Dahae was getting freaked out by this.

 

‘why were you bullying me?’ she had to resist so that the tears wouldn’t squeeze past her eyes again ‘why were you so hateful to me?’

 

his head fell to look at the ground, scuffing his shoes with each foot. If it hadn’t been for the awkward situation and the boiling anger she was feeling, she would have called this action quite…cute.

‘because I never realized how much I loved you’ he mumbled.

She cocked a brow ‘what was that? Couldn’t quite hear that’

‘Because I never realized how much I liked you, okay?!’ his pout deepened ‘can we kiss now?’

 

She smirked this time, ‘and what happens if I don’t love you back?’

 

He held her gaze for a moment, then mirrored her expression with a smirk of his own, his eyes glinting. But this time, it was a playful, happy smirk that seemed to emit butterflies rolling ove her stomach ‘I’ll just kiss you until you’ll fall for me’

 

‘and what happens if I already have a boyfriend?’

 

he approached her, his smirk widening. Reaching up to cup her cheek, he bent down so that when he whispered his final words, his mouth was already brushing hers in a tantalizing temptation ‘I’ll kiss you until you forget your own name’

 

 

-------

 

 PART TWO COMING UP! :D

Darn, that was long x)…