And Baby Makes Three: Part 4

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “WHAAAAAA!”

            Kyuhyun jumped, suddenly wide awake, and sat up in bed looking around in the dark in a daze.  “What the hell is that?”

            Ryeowook flipped on the lamp on the nightstand and rolled his eyes.  “It’s a baby, Kyu.  Remember?”

            “That can’t possibly be Chaewon!  That noise could wake the dead!”

            Ryeowook rubbed his eyes and stood up.  He headed over to the portable crib and almost instantly, the crying stopped.  “Ah, there’s my girl!” Ryeowook said, sounding far more enthused than he looked at three-twenty in the morning. 

            When Ryeowook picked her up, the tears that were so prevalent earlier in the evening quickly vanished.  Finally someone she knew was holding her again.  Kyuhyun smiled to himself, feeling a slight pang of jealously, but whether it was because Chaewon liked Ryeowook more than him or because she’d stolen his husband so easily, he wasn’t sure.  Probably a little of both.  Kyuhyun lay back down and covered himself, content to let that thought rest until morning.

            “Oh, no you don’t!  You’re getting up just like us,” Ryeowook informed him, walking over to Kyuhyun’s side of the bed.

            “Why?  You know how to watch her by yourself,” he complained.

            “Just because I can, shouldn’t mean I have to.  You’re the one who said you’d watch her,” he pointed out.

            “Actually, I promised to watch her until you got home.”

            “So, you volunteered me to watch her without my permission.”

            “You would have done it,” Kyuhyun pointed out.  “In fact, I know you would have punished me if I’d said no.  You probably wouldn’t have cooked for a week!”

            “Well, let me inform you right now, Cho Kyuhyun.  If you do not get up and help me right this instant, I won’t cook for you for two weeks!”

            “What?” Kyuhyun said, throwing off the covers and sitting up in bed, outraged.  “How am I going to be of any help to you what-so-ever?  This is completely unfair!”

            Ryeowook smiled to himself, careful not to let Kyuhyun see his amusement, as he looked over Chaewon to see if she needed a diaper change.  “I do believe that our little guest is hungry and Sungmin said you did a splendid job of making her a bottle on your own last night, so be a dear and get one started please, while I change her.”

            Kyuhyun knew when he was losing and decided just to do as his husband asked before matters got any worse.  More than likely, he’d be able to slip back to bed once the bottle was made anyway.  If he complained about being too tired or of feeling under the weather, Ryeowook easily caved in fear that he’d get sick.  He dragged himself out of bed and stuck his feet into slippers.  Then he trudged down to the kitchen and began heating water.  Even as he stood there, his eyelids grew heavy and he fought to keep them open.  After what felt like an hour, the water was ready and he mixed together the bottle, testing it out on his wrist like Sungmin showed him as he walked into the living room where Ryeowook and Chaewon had migrated too. 

            Kyuhyun handed the bottle to Ryeowook.  “Why didn’t you just stay in the bedroom?”

            “If I sit down on the bed, I’ll fall asleep,” he said, yawning.  He cradled Chaewon in his arms and brought the bottle up to her face and she eagerly latched onto it and started it down, as if she hadn’t eaten in days. 

            “She reminds me of all of the members when we sit down to eat a meal together and practically demolish the plates in seconds because we fear that everyone else will eat all the food,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

            “It’s a valid concern,” Ryeowook said, resting back into the cushions.

            Kyuhyun sat down beside them on the couch and watched in silence.  The room was still dark with the only light coming in was from the windows which looked out on the city and the river in the distance.  Chaewon’s eyes were just barely open as she dazed out while drinking down her bottle.  Ryeowook looked even less functional, blinking repeatedly to stay awake.

            “Didn’t you go back to bed after I left yesterday morning?”

            Ryeowook shook his head.  “I couldn’t fall back to sleep, so I went to work out instead.”

            Kyuhyun reached over and began to rub the back of Ryeowook’s neck with his hand.  “Perhaps you should let me do that.”

            “Do you know how to burp her?”

            Kyuhyun gave Ryeowook a confused look.  “Don’t they do that the same way we do?”

            Ryeowook closed his eyes and smiled in amusement.  “Thanks for offering, but if we don’t burp her, she’ll get a tummy ache.  So, you’d better let me do it.  I’ll show you when she’s done eating so you can do it next time.”

            Kyuhyun continued to rub his neck and shoulders and Ryeowook relaxed and continued to fight sleep, although he couldn’t force himself to ask his husband to stop massaging his shoulders because it felt too good. 

            “How do you know so much about kids?”

            “Like I said, I grew up with kids around me.”

            There was another long silence as Kyuhyun continued to work on his tense muscles and Ryeowook looked down to check on Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter