So Many Reasons #1

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reason One: You Drive Me Crazy

 

Friday, January 17, 2014, shortly after midnight…

 

            It had been a long day.  Ryeowook was eager to get home and unwind.  He was hungry, tired, and a little moody.  Thankfully, he could always manage to fake enough energy and spark for his broadcasts in the evenings.  After all these years as a performer, he’d learned how to act the part well enough.  But the moment the public’s eye was off of him, he was back to being Ryeowook the human being, and that included the right to have an off day or an off night every now and then.  But he thought it was all at an end when he left work.

            The moment he walked in the door at home, he set down his bag and began to take off his shoes when Kyuhyun walked in from the living room. 

            “What are you still doing up?” Ryeowook asked in surprise as he began to his coat, knowing full well that Kyuhyun had rehearsals the next day.

            “I couldn’t sleep,” Kyuhyun said, wrapping his arms around Ryeowook’s waist and pulling him close.  “I’m nervous about the performance on Saturday.”

            Ryeowook was still trying to get out of his coat, a task now made more difficult with his husband latched onto him.  “You won’t do well if you don’t get some rest, Kyu.”

            “I know,” Kyuhyun said, leaning in to kiss his husband’s cheek.  “Which is why I’m happy to see you home right away from work.”

            “Is that so?” Ryeowook said.  He finally managed to get his arms out of his coat and reached to hang it up on one of the hooks.  “What?  You wanted me to sing you a lullaby?”

            Kyuhyun slipped his hands beneath Ryeowook’s shirt, palming his back and running his hands up and down his smooth skin.  He continued to kiss Ryeowook, trailing down his neck.  “You know that getting some always makes me tired enough to pass out.”

            Ryeowook roughly pushed Kyuhyun away, feeling like he was being suffocated.  “Yes, well, sometimes I feel like that’s all I’m good for anymore.”

            Kyuhyun stepped back and stared at Ryeowook in confusion.  “What?”

            “I just walked in the door…and the only thing you want is to .  It’s like all I’m good for lately is cooking dinner and convenient ,” Ryeowook complained, grabbing his bag and heading to the living room.

            When he finally glanced back at his husband, Kyuhyun looked as if Ryeowook had just hit him.  Immediately, Ryeowook knew that he’d been too harsh.  At the same time, Kyuhyun was so quick not to consider the fact that he needed time to relax when he got off of work.  Kyuhyun usually took about a half hour to an hour just to change and check emails before he really interacted much with Ryeowook unless he was in an especially hyper mood or wanted to chat.  He should automatically offer Ryeowook the same consideration.  But so often Kyuhyun had to have things like this pointed out to him instead of realizing it himself.  That’s just how he was.

            Kyuhyun ran his hand through his hair and stared at the ceiling, clearly shocked.  He just stood there a moment and then swore under his breath before looking back at him.  “You know that’s not true,” he only said.

            Ryeowook turned away and opened his bag to dig out his paperwork.  “That’s what it feels like to me,” he said, shrugging.  “I’ve hardly seen you all week and you don’t even bother asking how my day went.  You just want to so you can go to sleep.”

            Kyuhyun walked into the living room and stopped beside Ryeowook.  “I’m sorry.  It’s been a hectic week.”

            “You’re being self-absorbed,” Ryeowook pointed out.  “At least pretend to care about how my life’s going before you try to drag me to bed with you.”

            Kyuhyun’s brow’s furrowed.  “Is…is something wrong?  Is there something going on?” he asked with genuine concern, lightly grasping Ryeowook’s shoulder.

            “No,” Ryeowook said, brushing off Kyuhyun’s hand.  “I just want to be left alone.”

            “I think we should talk about it if something’s bothering you,” Kyuhyun countered.

            “Not right now,” Ryeowook said.  “I just got home from work, I’m hungry and I’m tired.  Just let me be for a while.”

            Kyuhyun pressed his lips together, clearly holding back his frustration at his husband’s insistence at wanting to be left alone.  He nodded his head and walked away.  “Fine.”

            Kyuhyun went into their bedroom and slammed the door shut and Ryeowook was just pissy enough not to give a at that moment.  Instead he headed to the other bathroom to wash up.  Then he made himself som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter