Forever, I Do #1

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirror, Mirror…

 

            “Should I even ask how hard it is to coordinate the schedules of thirteen members to organize one non-work related event?” Changmin asked.

            Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he was adjusting his tie in the mirror.  “It’s damn near impossible.  Apparently it’s easier to borrow Jongwoon from the military for the weekend than it is to steal Leeteuk away from SM after he just gets back.  Then if you want members of other groups to be present as well, you may as well give up.  Thankfully we have friends in high places and we kind of put someone with more sway in charge of coordinating schedules with SM,” Kyuhyun admitted. 

            “Who’s that?” he asked, grabbing Kyuhyun by the shoulders and beginning to fix his tie for him.

            “Heechul.”

            “Heechul?” Changmin questioned in disbelief.  “But I thought he was kind of lazy and didn’t like to involve himself in anything.  How do you get him to do what you want?”

            “Well, Ryeowook and Sungmin did most of the work, of course, but when they needed someone to be the and to get done that they were too nice to do, they would just coerce him with food,” Kyuhyun explained.

            Changmin finished with Kyuhyun’s tie and just stared at him.  “It’s really that simple?”

            “You do realize that my husband is the best cook ever and Heechul has no one else willing to put up with his bull and cook for him.  Apparently Gunhee isn’t that great in the kitchen,” Kyuhyun explained.

            “It’s a wonder he’s still around then,” Changmin mumbled.

            “I imagine he’s good at something or Heechul would’ve moved on by now,” Kyuhyun claimed, doubled checking his look in the mirror when there was a knock at the door and Hyukjae walked in.

            “You look gorgeous, don’t worry!” Hyukjae said, smiling over at Kyuhyun.

            “How does Ryeowook and everyone else look?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “Better than you, of course,” Hyukjae said, sighing.  “Although no one looks as stunning as me.  I tried to tone it down for your sake, Kyuhyunnie, but I just couldn’t make myself look ugly.  I’m naturally a god.”

            “Thankfully you have a shirt on or all the women would be swooning over you, I’m sure,” Kyuhyun grumbled.

            “Victoria was disappointed that you weren’t going to let Sungmin dress in drag as a Maid-of-Honor,” Changmin admitted.  “He looks so good in a dress, I almost agreed with her.”

            “You don’t want him stealing all the thunder away from the grooms,” Hyukjae said.  “It’s bad enough that Kyuhyun made me one of his groomsmen.  If Sungmin would have dressed like a woman, it would have looked more like a fashion runway than a wedding entrance.”

            “This is a serious renewal of vows,” Kyuhyun said, folding his arms over his chest.  “I don’t want this to go down as some flashy gay ceremony, because this is meant to be a display of our commitment to each other.  We’ve already been married for nearly a year now and we’re finally getting around to the celebration with our family and friends…we’re not making some artsy queer statement to the world or some .  This is about the fact that he’s mine.”

            Changmin started laughing.  “At least you’re honest about your possessiveness.”

            There was another knock at the door and Hyukjae headed to the door and opened it a crack to peek at the party on the other side.  Then he opened it wide and Kyuhyun’s parents and sister walked in.  Immediately Kyuhyun hugged and kissed his mother, who was starting to tear up at seeing her son dressed up for his renewal of vows.  Although he was already married, she kept referring to the day’s event as the wedding because Kyuhyun and Ryeowook had snuck off and eloped rather suddenly last fall when they had a break in their schedule.  For her, this was the real thing and she was an emotional mess, as if her son was officially giving up his singledom, although he’d given it up so many years ago already.  After that first time he and Ryeowook kissed, there was simply no going back to imagining a life without him in it.

            Kyuhyun released his mother and then turned to look at his sister, who was the only woman in the wedding party, and looked stunning in a lavender, knee-length dress.  “You look beautiful!” he honestly confessed, hugging her. 

            “Ryeowook said the same thing,” she said, blushing.

            “That’s because you look hot,” Hyukjae said and then whistled, which only made the woman’s cheeks turn a darker shade of red. 

            Kyuhyun glared at Hyukjae for daring to say such a thing to his sister, but Hyukjae just smirked and slung his arm around the brunette.

            Already, Mr. Cho and Changmin were in deep conversation about something and Kyuhyun didn’t dare interrupt them.  They’d already chatted earlier in the morning, since they arrived a few hours before to make sure that everything was in order for the ceremony.  They were having it at a church, of all places, which his parents had pushed for and they’d pulled the strings needed to find a church that would allow them to do a renewal of vows ceremony.  It was impossible to do a real wedding in South Korea, of course, it was against the law, but even a religious ceremony met with resistance.  A vow renewal, with the right connections and probably a very large donation, was doable however. 

            Even their talk in the morning was relaxed, because Kyuhyun’s father already viewed him as a married man.  No, the serious talk was given to him when Kyuhyun first discussed buying rings in Japan—before he even proposed to Ryeowook or bought the apartment—and that’s when his dad sat him down for a long talk and discussed the obligations of marriage.  He candidly brought up both the good and the bad, what you gain and what you give up, by tying yourself to someone else for the rest of your life.  All he wanted his son to do was to feel sure of himself before asking Ryeowook to marry him.  That advice, he was more than willing to take, but he was already sure of what he wanted. 

            The only objection his parents had was that they couldn’t be around to see their real wedding, but Kyuhyun and Ryeowook didn’t want to wait forever for everyone’s schedules to be clear and they were ready to start their lives together.  They’d already been dating for so long already, there seemed no reason to wait.  Still, he wanted to give their families and friends that supported them the chance to celebrate with them and when they told his parents that they planned to have a renewal of vows ceremony and a reception in August of the following year, his parents insisted on helping pay for it.  Of course, he and Ryeowook could easily afford it themselves.  Then again, it wouldn’t hurt his parents’ pocketbook either, so he didn’t argue against it when his father pushed it.  He claimed that he would do the same for Ahra, assuming she ever got married, which didn’t appear to be on the horizon anytime soon.  Clearly his mother was getting her wedding fix through him in case Ahra never got hitched herself. 

            “It’s too bad we’re walking down the aisle individually, otherwise it would have been you and I,” Hyukjae said, quirking his eyebrows.

            “She already knows you’re banging Sungmin, so quit flirting with her,” Kyuhyun complained, pulling out his cellphone.

            Mr. Cho reached out and lightly smacked Kyuhyun in the back of the head.  “Watch your mouth.  We’re in church.”

            Mrs. Cho narrowed her eyes at her husband and then reached up and began to fuss with her youngest’s hair.  “Don’t mess up his hair right before he’s about to get married!”

            “Well, he shouldn’t be saying irreverent things in a church,” Mr. Cho said in his own defense.

            “You shouldn’t be hitting people who are just trying to say honest things in a church, especially when someone is acting lewd towards your daughter,” Kyuhyun said, pouting.

            “Quit it, both of you!  Can’t we just act like a normal family for one day?” Mrs. Cho asked.

            “What’s the fun in that?” Changmin asked, laughing.

            Kyuhyun frowned down at his phone.  “Why the hell isn’t your girlfriend answering her text messages?”

            “Vic?” Changmin asked.

            “No, your other girlfriend,” Kyuhyun teased.

            “Yuhno?” Changmin joked.  “I don’t know.  Maybe he’d running late and he isn’t checking his phone while he’s driving.  Ah, Vic is probably chatting everyone up and has her phone in her purse, where she doesn’t hear it going off.  Why?”

            “I want to make sure someone takes pictures of Hyungsik crying during the ceremony,” Kyuhyun said.

            “That’s so mean,” Ahra accused him.

            “You know what’s mean,” Kyuhyun said, looking up in between typing out a text on his phone, “is blatantly flirting with someone’s spouse in public.  That’s mean.  Trying to break up a happy marriage by being touchy-feely and clingy with someone is nasty.  So do I feel bad that he might get a little weepy seeing the person he’s crushing on vow his undying love to me?  No.  He can go to hell and I want pictures of it.”

            “Why’d you even invite him if you hate him so much?” his sister asked, taken aback by the pure hatred spewing from her brother’s mouth.

            “For one, Ryeowook thinks of him as a friendly dongsaeng that needs his guidance and, secondly, revenge is so damn precious.  How often do I have a legitimate excuse to kiss my husband all day long in front of him?  After watching him latch himself onto my husband so many times on Kiss the Radio or during concerts, it’s about time he get a taste for what reality is really like.  Ryeowook is mine.”

            “That’s the second time you’ve said that in the last ten minutes,” Changmin pointed out.

            Kyuhyun just stuck up his left hand and waved his ringed finger to the group while bent over finishing his text. 

            “Who are you texting now?”

            “Amber.  She’ll do it for me.  I don’t even care about most of the other presents, as long as I get a good picture of Hyungsik balling his eyes out,” Kyuhyun said.

            “You’re lying.  Wait until you see what I bought you,” Changmin said.

            “, Vic probably bought something cute for the kitchen that Ryeowook had on the registry,” Kyuhyun shot back, setting his phone down on the table.

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter