Reception

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reception

 

            Ryeowook hit the button to post his latest picture on Twitter just as his husband grabbed him from behind, making him jump and nearly drop his precious phone in the bowl of punch.

            “Kyu!  Don’t sneak up on me like that!” he reprimanded his husband who merely laughed in his ear and hugged him close. 

            “Why aren’t you posting any pictures of us?” he asked teasingly, nuzzling against his husband’s neck.

            “How can I when you keep touching me inappropriately in them?” Ryeowook asked.

            Kyuhyun only laughed at this and continued to hug him.

            “You shouldn’t even be doing this.  Not everyone here knows about us!  Some of the bride’s relatives have no clue,” Ryeowook lectured him, glancing around at who might be looking their way.

            “But some of them are about eighty years old and I’m not worried they’re going to leak anything to the press,” he reasoned, turning Ryeowook in their direction without letting go of him.  “They don’t even know who we are!”

            Ryeowook rolled his eyes—a completely useless gesture since his back was to his husband anyway—and grabbed Kyuhyun by the wrist.  He then dragged him towards the exit of the reception hall.  “If you’re going to insist on having your hands all over me, we’re going to move away from all the prying eyes.”

            “Finally we’re getting somewhere!” Kyuhyun said, clearly relieved.

            “We are not sneaking off to have ,” Ryeowook informed him.

            “Why not?” Kyuhyun asked in a huff as Ryeowook yanked him out into the hallway.

            “Because this is Jonghoon’s wedding, not some excuse to get busy in some abandoned broom closet.  This is a romantic occasion!  I’m not going to spoil his bride’s big day by having someone walk in on us doing it,” Ryeowook pointed out.  “Even if I did want to—which I don’t—the idea revolts me.  The only wedding I would find it acceptable to sneak off to have in the middle of is my own.”

            “Don’t think I won’t remember that when we do the whole reception thing we’re planning either, babe!” Kyuhyun threatened.

            Ryeowook rounded the corner and pushed Kyuhyun into an abandoned area of the building.  He then wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck and rose up onto his tiptoes until he was nearly eye to eye with his husband.  “I wouldn’t dream of letting you forget it.”

            Kyuhyun s his arms around Ryeowook’s waist.  “Looking forward to it?”

            “Perhaps I am.”

            “Sneaking off to elope kind of robbed you of that dream wedding you always wanted, didn’t it?” Kyuhyun asked. 

            “Honestly, the whole sneaking off all of a sudden to get married really was romantic, but I always did want to get married in front of everyone I loved, too.  I’m a mix of contradictions.  So, our reception later this year should make up for not getting married with everyone there,” he confessed, leaning forward finally to kiss his husband.  That was really what he’d brought him down the hall to do all along.  Watching weddings always managed to turn him into mush and he couldn’t stand not kissing his husband another minute.

            After a minute of kissing one another, Kyuhyun finally pulled back and Ryeowook planted his feet back on the ground.  “Speaking of receptions,” Kyuhyun said, still holding onto him, “shouldn’t we start making plans for that?  It’s already the beginning of February and summer is the busy season for weddings.  That’s not to say we have to do everything fancy, but I assume that we’re going to need some catering or something.  Even if we find a venue that’s out of the ordinary and go with photographers that we know—which is probably advisable—we’ll still need florists and bakers and all that, won’t we?  Why are you blushing?”

            “I’m not blushing?” Ryeowook denied, although he knew for certain that he was and he couldn’t account for it any more than Kyuhyun could.  Was he simply embarrassed or nervous at the thought of making plans for their reception, despite the fact that they were technically married already? 

            “Yes, you are.  I can tell you’re blushing,” Kyuhyun pointed out, hugging him close and laughing.  Kyuhyun rubbed his hand up and down Ryeowook’s back in an effort to calm him.  “Are you going to be shy about having everyone there?”

            Ryeowook shook his head.

            “I think we should renew our vows in front of them, too.”

            Ryeowook looked up at him.  “You do?”

            Kyuhyun nodded.  “I know my mother wished she could have seen our ceremony and I’m sure the rest of our family and friends would like to see one as well.  This would give them the chance to see us make our vows to one another, even if it is for the second time.  I think that would be a much more interesting event than just sitting down to eat dinner and dance, don’t you?”

            “So…basically we’re having a second wedding?”

            Kyuhyun considered his wording for a moment and then nodded again.  “Yes.”

            “And what’s our idea of how big or small this wedding and reception will be?”

            “How big did you want it to be?”

            “How many friends and family did you want to invite?” Ryeowook asked.

            “All of them,” Kyuhyun suggested.

            “All the ones that know and accept us, you mean?” Ryeowook asked.

            Kyuhyun nodded.

            “That’s still our immediate families, your high school buddies, my radio station friends, some of my old friends, all our members, a bunch of singers…”

            “My Radio Star coworkers.”

            “Some of my friends from the theater.”

            “There’s a few people from Mama Mia I wouldn’t mind inviting.”

            “I mean…we could be talking two or three hundred people,” Ryeowook pointed out.  “Possibly more.”

            “Possibly more,” Kyuhyun realized.  “We should probably start writing a list and deciding how many people we really want to invite.  I’m sure we really don’t need to invite everyone.  But, the point is, I’d like to invite a lot of them.”

            “So, we’re having a big wedding?” Ryeowook asked.

            “I guess so,” Kyuhyun concluded.  “That’s okay.  Right?”

            Ryeowook had secretly wanted a big wedding and thought that he’d have to fight with Kyuhyun to get half the people he wanted invited, so to have his husband suggest that they have a humungous wedding from the beginning was a bit of a shock to him.  Worried that his husband was going to suddenly come to his senses and change his mind, he quickly agreed.  “Yes, that’s fine!”

            “Okay then,” Kyuhyun said, leaning down to kiss Ryeowook once more.  Then he released him and grabbed onto his hand.  “I think we ought to head back before Jonghoon really does assume we’re having in some secluded spot and sends out a search party.”

            Ryeowook sighed and shook his head. 

            “Part of me doesn’t want to go back to the reception though,” Kyuhyun admitted.

            “Why?”

            “I keep getting asked to dance.”

            “I’m not going to get mad if you do, you know,” Ryeowook informed him.  “You saw me dance with a few women.  You weren’t angry, were you?”

            “No,” he said.  “And I didn’t mind dancing with the bride or her mother, but I don’t want to dance with any of the rest of them.  I’d rather just dance with you.”

            Ryeowook smiled wide and when he didn’t say anything in response, Kyuhyun finally looked over at him.  “You know that we can’t dance together here.”

            Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Ryeowook’s hand.  “I know we can’t, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to.  When we have our own reception, you’ll be lucky if I share you with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter