Valentine's Day #1

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bad Breath and B.O.

 

            Ryeowook woke to his alarm blaring and groaned.  Unfortunately, he had to head to SM Entertainment for the day to do voice recording with Donghae and Hyukjae, despite having worked until late last night.  When he didn’t immediately turn off the alarm—being rather slow to move—his husband reached over him and flipped the switch. 

            “God that’s loud,” Kyuhyun grumbled.  “Why does it have to be turned up all the way?”

            “Because sometimes when I’m really tired I don’t wake up to it,” Ryeowook admitted, covering his face with the sheet.  “Your breath is terrible this morning!”

            “At least it’s just my breath,” Kyuhyun said, his eyes closed as he nestled into the pillow.  “You reek of too much cologne and b.o.”

            Ryeowook lifted his arm and sniffed and just about passed out from the nauseous smell.  He coughed and waved his hand in front of his face.  “I should have showered after we had last night.”

            “I don’t think either of us had any energy left to shower afterwards,” Kyuhyun reminded him, opening his eyes and reaching for Ryeowook to pull him in closer.   He then leaned in to kiss his husband, who dodged his lips.  “Really?  Not one kiss?”

            Ryeowook covered his mouth with his hand.  “It’s really bad!  I might vomit if you kiss me.”

            Kyuhyun glared at him but then grabbed Ryeowook’s shoulders and turned him around until his back was to him and then spooned him instead.  “How’s that?  Better?” Kyuhyun asked, kissing Ryeowook’s cheek.

            “Yes, but I really need to start getting up anyway.”

            “They’re not going to you out if you’re a few minutes late,” Kyuhyun said, wrapping his arms tight around his husband. 

            “A few minutes?” Ryeowook questioned.  “No…no one will say a word about a few minutes, but both you and I know that when you get clingy and want to snuggle in bed instead of get up, it often lasts more than a few minutes.”

            Kyuhyun laughed at this, his voice low and y as it usually was when he first woke from sleeping, and Ryeowook always found it particularly alluring.  When Kyuhyun kissed his cheek again, he closed his eyes and found his hands seeking out Kyuhyun’s, his fingers threading through his. 

            “Happy Valentine’s Day,” Kyuhyun softly whispered, his lips pressed against Ryeowook’s ear.

            Ryeowook realized it was Friday and indeed Valentine’s Day and smiled.  “You, too.”

            “It’s too bad you’re going to be gone most of the day…you could lie in bed with me all morning if you didn’t have to record,” he said, moving his leg over Ryeowook, who whined at the added weight.  Kyuhyun was just harassing him at this point, of course.

            “I should probably remind you that the Valentine’s episode of Super Idol Chart Show airs today,” Ryeowook said, “so that you aren’t surprised if someone mentions it to you or you see references to it online.”

            “Is that the one where you called me about being the seventh best boyfriend or some such thing,” Kyuhyun asked, “and didn’t bother telling me I was on the air right away, so I called you by my new pet name for you?”

            “You wrote your newest pet name for me in a post on Twitter only the week before, so I hardly see how that matters,” Ryeowook claimed.

            “You’re going to get us in so much trouble, Ryeong,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling about it and not sounding the least bit concerned.  “It’s a good thing that Jonghoon is on his honeymoon right now!  But I can’t believe the station managers didn’t edit out you saying that my voice sounded y.”

            “Oh no!  That was their favorite part!” Ryeowook informed him.  “They like it when I say racy stuff like that on the air.  I thought Dongwoon was going to wet his pants though—since he knows about us—I think he was worried you were going to say something that would out us on television.  You should have seen the look on his face.  Anyway, I just wanted to remind you in case any of the members give you about it later because I’m sure they will.”

            “Without a doubt,” Kyuhyun muttered, kissing Ryeowook’s neck and beginning to roam his hands over Ryeowook’s body.

            “Kyu, I don’t have time for this,” Ryeowook warned.  “I have to get ready to leave.”

            “Five more minutes,” Kyuhyun muttered, his voice muffled as he pressed his lips against Ryeowook’s skin. 

            “Five minutes of you fondling me will end up in me being about a half hour late and you know it,” Ryeowook laughed as Kyuhyun disentangled his hand from Ryeowook and tickled him behind the knee.  “Stop that!”

            “When are you coming home tonight?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “When we’re done recording.”

            “That’s not a real answer,” he complained.

            “I don’t know,” Ryeowook confessed.  “I’m not sure how long it will take.  Why?”

            “Because I’m cooking you dinner tonight,” he admitted.

            “You are?” he asked, turning onto his back more to face Kyuhyun.

            “I am.”

            “Is that my present for Valentine’s Day?” Ryeowook asked.

            “Partly,” Kyuhyun said.  “And the other part I get to do last minute shopping for like the rest of the male population.”

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter