Christmas with the In-Laws: Snow Angels

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snow Angels

            Ryeowook felt comfortably warm as he awoke to Kyuhyun’s arms firmly wrapped around him and he smiled wide without opening his eyes.  He tilted his head back and brought his hands up to cover over Kyuhyun’s, squeezing them tight.  He always loved his husband, but at moments like this, he found him so utterly irresistible because there was almost nothing he loved as much as cuddling with him.  Whether or not he realized it, Kyuhyun had a habit of gravitating towards him in the night and by morning they were almost always entangled in each other’s arms.  Then again, Kyuhyun usually woke before him, so he was probably well aware of it.  How Kyuhyun managed to get up in time for work each day was beyond him, because Ryeowook was tempted to lie in his husband’s arms as long as he could.

            Kyuhyun tightened his grip, hugging him closer and kissed his cheek.  “You’re finally awake.”

            “Mmmm,” Ryeowook responded, “I should have pretended to be asleep longer, I think.”

            “You can sleep in, if you want.”

            “I only want to if you stay with me,” Ryeowook said, turning over and cupping his husband’s cheeks.  He tilted his head forward and pressed his lips against Kyuhyun’s.  And they just kissed each other lightly, lazily.  Then Ryeowook began to trail his hand down Kyuhyun’s body and his husband quickly grabbed onto his wrist and pulled it back up.  He broke his lips away, grinning at his wicked little husband.

            “I don’t think you plan on sleeping,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

            Ryeowook stuck out his bottom lip.  “You’re being unfair.  I never told you no at your parent’s house.  We’ve done it there so many times, I could never even count!”

            “You never had to worry that my parents would throw you out,” Kyuhyun countered.  “God only knows what your parents would do if they walked in on me banging you!”

            “I’m sure it would be about the same if your parents walked in on us, Kyuhyun, which is why they’re damn good about knocking and hollering through the door.  Don’t worry, they’re not going to walk in,” Ryeowook assured him.

            Kyuhyun sat up and pointed at the door.  “Your door does not have a lock.  I checked.”

            Ryeowook rolled onto his back and folded his arms over his chest.  “You’re always aware of your surroundings, I’ll give you that.  Even when you aren’t planning on being sneaky, you’re prepared, just in case.”

            “And this is a little house.  That isn’t meant to sound offensive or anything.  There’s only three of you and one of you is rather short so you take up less room, but that means they’ll hear loud noises across the house and you’re noisy!”

            “I’m not that bad.”

            “You’re so loud, Jongwoon would smack the wall when he was trying to fall asleep and tell us to keep it down or hurry the hell up!” Kyuhyun reminded him.

            Ryeowook felt his face heat up.

            “But my parents don’t hear that well anymore,” Ryeowook mumbled in his own defense.

            “They can’t possibly be that deaf,” Kyuhyun said, lying back on his side, looking down at his husband, smiling in amusement.

            “Well, you know what, I don’t care!  They know that we have together.  It’s not like they’ve deluded themselves into thinking we’ve waited—we’re already married!  They can have no other objections to us doing it together,” Ryeowook pointed out.    

            “What the hell is your obsession with doing it in your parents’ house?”

            “I’ve never done it here before!” Ryeowook claimed.

            “And you have to do it here?” questioned Kyuhyun.

            “It’s a rite of passage,” Ryeowook insisted.

            “Can’t we just offer to housesit next time they go out of town or something?” he suggested.

            “They almost never go out of town, they usually have their neighbor friends do that for them, and we never have time for that,” Ryeowook argued.  “We’re here now, we’re in bed together, I’m in the mood…”

            Kyuhyun laughed at his ually frustrated husband and reached to move the hair out of his eyes.  “I’m not in the mood.  The idea of your mom walking in on us is a bit of a turn off for me, babe, I’m sorry,” he said, pecking Ryeowook’s lips.

            Ryeowook frowned and smacked Kyuhyun’s chest.

            Kyuhyun gave him a lopsided grin.  “You’re so cute when you’re angry.”

            “You didn’t even try!”

            “I’m going to take a shower now,” Kyuhyun informed him.  “You can sleep in if you want.”

            “I hate you!”

             Kyuhyun got up out of bed and walked over to where they’d set the suitcase and gathered his clothes for the day.  He then headed for the door and Ryeowook threw a pillow at him, missing, and Kyuhyun blew him a kiss and headed out the door. 

 

            Ryeowook dressed after his own shower later that morning and then headed to the kitchen to find something remotely healthy for breakfast when he noticed Kyuhyun and his father bundling up to head outside. 

            “What are you two up to?” he asked.

            “It snowed a bit last night,” his father answered, zippering his coat, “so Kyuhyun said that he’d help me shovel the walk and the driveway.”

            “I can help too,” Ryeowook insisted.  “You don’t have to do it at all while I’m home, dad.”

            “Really?  Are you sure?  You haven’t even had breakfast yet?”

            “I always eat late.  It won’t take long if Kyu’s helping me,” Ryeowook said.  “You just take it easy and I’ll do it.”

             Ryeowook’s father shrugged out of his coat and hung it back up.  “You should use my boots though, since you didn’t bring any. Okay?”

            “Sure,” Ryeowook said, slipping into his father’s boots.  Both he and Kyuhyun put on all their winter gear and headed outside, locating the shovels on the side of the door.  It wasn’t massive snowfall, but the snow was wet and heavy.  Kyuhyun and Ryeowook began with the front sidewalk and the driveway, getting through it within a half hour, and then headed to the backyard, which had only a small sidewalk with a patio and would only take a couple minutes.  Ryeowook began on one end and Kyuhyun on the other, but Kyuhyun sped through his quicker and he stood in Ryeowook’s path at the very end, pretending to impatiently wait for him to hurry up.

            “My arms are sore,” Ryeowook whined, finally finishing.

            “You need to work them out more,” Kyuhyun said.  “I could easily keep going.”

            “Liar,” Ryeowook said, setting down his shovel stomping his boots to get the snow off.  “You’re just showing off.  I bet yours hurt too.”

            Kyuhyun set his shovel in the snow and then grabbed Ryeowook under the arms suddenly.  He lifted his little husband up into the air and tossed him into the snow.  Kyuhyun laughed heartily at this until he was hit in the face with a snowball.  Then, as Ryeowook tried to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter