And Baby Makes Three: Part 3

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “You do it.”

            “Hell no!” shouted Kyuhyun.

            Chaewon looked up at them, startled, as she lay on the carpeted floor.

            “She’s your responsibility.  I’m just here to supervise!”
            “I can’t change a diaper,” Kyuhyun said, shaking his head.  “I’ll do it wrong!”

            “No you won’t, I’ll walk you through it.”

            “But it smells!”

            “The baby is not an it, she’s a she!”

            “I meant her smells.”

            Sungmin smacked him hard in the back of his head.  “Don’t swear around her!”

            “Oops!” Kyuhyun said, covering his mouth with his hand. 

            Sungmin grabbed her diaper bag and drug it over to her and then grasped Kyuhyun’s hand and drug him down to his knees.  Immediately, Kyuhyun started to gag and covered his mouth and nose with his arm. 

            “You are such a…”

            Sungmin let his thoughts go unspoken and dug her diaper pad out and unfolded it.  He then set her on top of it and began to her sleeper near her legs.  Then he handed Kyuhyun the wet wipes and a diaper. 

            “Are you sure we shouldn’t call a girl to do this?  We’re both men!”

            “You’re gay, so it’s perfectly fine,” Sungmin insisted.  “And now that it’s the twenty first century, they allow men to do child care as well, so it’s all a go.  Now get to work before her gets sore.  How would you like a bunch of poo sticking to your behind?”

            Kyuhyun turned his head away and then took a deep breath.  He then pulled the tabs on the diaper and it opened up, revealing the mess fully, and Kyuhyun once again began to gag. 

            “Oh God!  It smells even worse now!”

            Even Sungmin couldn’t pretend that the smell didn’t affect him and pulled the collar of his t-shirt up over his nose to block the stench.  He grabbed onto Chaewon’s feet and lifted them up into the air.  “Give me some wipes!  Hurry!”

            “Kyuhyun quickly pulled out five wipes and handed the wad to Sungmin, thankful that his hyung had finally given up on him changing the diaper.  Sungmin made quick work of cleaning Chaewon off and moving the diaper to the side.  Kyuhyun rushed to the kitchen and came back with a plastic bag to wrap it up in.  Then he rushed it out of the apartment and down the hall to the garbage disposal.  By the time he returned, Chaewon was newly diapered and dressed again, but she’d lost her patience with her two babysitters and began crying again.  Sungmin sat down on the couch with her, exasperated. 

            “She’s clean and fed,” he sighed, trying to rock her in his arms with no luck.  “I think she’s just overtired at this point and wants her mommy.”

            Kyuhyun opened the window a crack to let in a little air to dissipate the smell of the dirty diaper and then walked back over to them.  He’d been so eager to hand her over when Sungmin first entered the apartment, but now he felt that perhaps he’d been making a little progress with settling her down before then. 

            “Here,” Kyuhyun said, holding his arms down.  “Give her to me.”

            Sungmin looked up at him in surprise.  “Really?”

            “Yeah, give her here,” he said, gathering her up in his arms and holding her against his chest.  “We have a little understanding between us, I think.  If I walk around with her and sing, she calms down.  Or…at least…it worked once.”

            As Kyuhyun began to pace the living room with Chaewon, wrapping her up in her blanket to keep the breeze off her, Sungmin turned off most of the lights.  Then Kyuhyun began to sing Love Again and as he progressed, Chaewon’s cries softened and eventually turned into little hiccups, her wet eyes beginning to close as she rested her head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder. 

 

 

            No matter how worried Ryeowook was about Kyuhyun watching Chaewon, he couldn’t get up and walk away from the microphone in the middle of a broadcast.  It might not be as drastic as a surgeon walking out in the middle of an operation, or a pilot deciding to take a nap in the middle of a plane ride, but thousands of listeners suddenly getting nothing but static would not look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter