Meeting

Hades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I updated with a poster last time. I am not sure if you guys liked it or not.
Like I said, if I reach 15 subscribers, I’ll make it subscribers only.
And I would appreciate your comments as it will help me gauge your expectations and thoughts about this fanfic.
Lastly, the plot I first thought of was a bit fluffy towards the end, but when I made the poster, I thought of a different and more sinister ending. ^^ Hopefully I can write it with justice.


--
Word count: 1,887


--

MEETING

Defined as coming together by chance or appointment or an assembly of people in one place.  Throughout our lifespan, we will constantly meet people we may love, hate or just ignore.

“I’m curious, how did you meet Henry,  Ryeowook hyung?” Sunggyu asked the doctor before they suit up for the operation. “Hmm, about a year ago I was at a medical convention in Japan when an earthquake and tsunami hit the island. Henry was working as a chef in the hotel that we were lodging in and he happened to help me escape death. I can say that I owe my second life to him.” Ryeowook said and it made Sunggyu smile. The doctor then washed his hands and nurses assisted him with his surgical suit.

Sunggyu glanced towards his senior and was surprised to see a black mark on the doctor’s nape.  “Hyung, you’ve got some dirt.” Sunggyu wiped the part with a paper towel and Ryeowook thanked him. Sunggyu looked at the retreating back of the doctor and shook his head in disbelief; his eyes might be playing tricks on him but the dirt looked a lot like a monogram, specifically, the letter H. “I should take a rest.” He muttered to himself before joining the surgical team inside the OR.

“Dr. Lee, Dr. Zhou, I’m Myungsoo and Dr. Kim asked me to come and meet you.” Myungsoo politely addressed the two doctors. “Ah Myungsoo right? Very well. I want you to meet Nurse Key and your fellow intern Minwoo.” The three exchange handshakes. “Donghyun won’t be able to join us as he is busy with some patients as well as Sunggyu whom Ryeowook graciously allowed to observe an actual surgery but I hope our meeting will be fruitful.” Sungmin said and everyone nodded.

“Onew is a dear patient and despite the medical attention that we are giving, we are not able to make his condition better.” Sungmin started. “I suggested we do an experiment and that needs your help.” ZhouMi added. “You just need to visit him for a couple of minutes a day and talk to him. It’s simple.” Sungmin said and everyone understood.  “Since 4 of you are interns, we decided to pair you up  with each other; Sunggyu and Myungsoo will go together while Minwoo and Donghyun will be paired up. Key, you can handle it on your own right?” Sungmin asked and the nurse nodded.

The meeting progressed with the two doctors explaining the patient’s condition, the treatments done, the severity of the accidnet, how they should react and how they could help Onew recover. “Music” the word slipped from Myungsoo’s mouth and the rest eyed him carefully. “I just remember some case studies involving music as a means of therapy.” Myungsoo enlightened them and the doctors smiled before nodding. “I agree with you.” Sungmin said and continued the meeting. They were handed schedules and were dismissed afterwards.

“It’s fancy meeting you here Myungsoo-ssi” Key uttered as he looked at the young man questioningly. “Well I believe we do have roles to play nurse Key, and whether you like it or not, we will work together.” Myungsoo replied beofre bowing and leaving the two. “Key hyung, this will be difficult for us. Myungsoo is...” Minwoo said but Key gave him a reassuring smile. “We’ll just have to protect Onew from Myungsoo” Key said and led Minwoo towards the ICU wing.

...

“So?” Myungsoo said as he handed the intern doctor a cup of coffee. “so?” Sunggyu just replied, thinking deeply of the mark he saw on Ryeowook’s nape. “Something wrong with the operation?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu shook his head. “It went well. As expected from Ryeowook hyung, he’s superb.” Sunggyu re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter