Love

Hades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I’m gonna write each chapter fragment such that there will be gaps in between (it will not be as detailed as a long chaptered fic) but will generally contain insights to the whole story.
Why the said format? I want to try something new to improve my writing skills and since the story is experimental, I’ll continue with the layout ^^


--
Word count: 1,315

 

Love

Defined as an intense feeling of deep affection or compassion, they say love is the universal language. But love comes in various forms and degrees; many of those are seen shallow and dumb.

“Hey buddy, feeling better?” Myungsoo greeted the kid and Kwangmin smiled reassuringly. “Hyung, can I trust you?” Kwangmin asked and Myungsoo sat next to the kid and nodded. “Can you really help me?” Kwangmin asked and Myungsoo nodded again. “If I want to give up hyung, will you help me?” Kwangmin said without hesitation and the nurse nodded and smiled widely. “I’ll make it easier for you. Just tell me.” Myungsoo replied and the kid nodded. “Not now hyung. I think I can manage it.” Kwangmin answered and it made the nurse smile wider. “That’s what I like about you. Continue to fight Kwangminnie!” Myungsoo cheered for the kid before giving him his usual dose of medicines.

“You’ve grown attached to him.” Sunggyu remarked as they met in the hallway. “He’s very special. Like my own brother.” Myungsoo replied as he handed him Kwangmin’s clipboard to check. “Vitals ok, responsive to therapy, I think that he’s getting better.” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo gave a small smile. “It’s still a long way to go but at least he’s responsive.” Myungsoo replied. “You know, you really fit as a nurse; you’re compassionate and very caring. That’s why everyone loves you!” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo sighed then smiled. “It’s my job after all. And it’s fun if you love what you do.” Myungsoo said with a wink and poor Sunggyu’s heart skipped a beat. Damn Kim Sunggyu, stop acting lovesick in front of him!

“I am not so sure but it seems that Onew’s progress has been rather slow. Three weeks into coma with no signs of even the slightest neuron activity.” Sungmin told his friend and colleague. “Come one Sungmin, You’ve done quite a number of miracles already, you can definitely do this!” Zhoumi, a Chinese doctor remarked and the man in question shook his head. “I am not in the position to claim a miracle. It all depends on how well the patient reacts to the medicines that we prescribe and right now, he’s not reacting to any of it.” Sungmin said and it made one doctor cry. “Hey Ryeowook, you ok?” Zhoumi asked. And he shook his head. “He can’t die. Please save him.” Ryeowook said, pleading desperately to let his cousin live. “I’m doing whatever I could but the thing is, Onew isn’t responding.” Sungmin explained. “Why don’t we take a different strategy? Some coma patients respond to what they constantly hear. Onew’s room is silent as a monastery, why don’t we assign nurses to talk to him and accompany him once in a while? Maybe the desire to wakeup will aflame?” Zhoumi suggested and the two nodded. “I’ll send Myungsoo and Sunggyu.” Ryeowook said and the two nodded. “I have Donghyun as my intern and Nurse Key is assigned to me.” Sungmin remarked and Zhoumi smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter