Twenty-Six

Lucky :): The Remake

"Natalia, look what I found." My mom told me that evening when the family was all in the living room. She held up some DVD cases. "Your basketball and softball games."

"Basketball and softball?" TOP asked and looked at me. I had forgotten he didn't know I was quite the all-star in high school, along with Vinny.

"Oh, you didn't know Natalia played sports?" Mom asked TOP, cocking her head to the side.

"No, I-"

"Well, you are her boyfriend and she's had to have told you some of it. Did you know she played four sports and danced on the poms team?"

TOP looked at me, a slightly uncomfortable smile on his face. "Why didn't you tell me all of this?"

I looked at my mom. "Because I haven't been in high school for two years."

"Well, that was such a big part of your life." My mom looked at TOP. "Natalia was quite the athlete. She played volleyball in the fall, basketball and poms in the winter, softball in the spring, and there was a summer tennis league." My mom chuckled a little. "Well, Seunghyun, you have to know Natalia played softball for her community college, right?"

TOP shook his head. "N-no, I didn't-"

"She was a first basemen. Do you know what softball is? Do they have that in Korea?"

"Mom!" I snapped, my hand going to TOP's. "That's enough."

I knew she was trying to make TOP feel bad.

"Well, I think this is a great time to show him how talented you were." My mom walked over to the DVD player and popped in a DVD.

I looked at TOP. "We really don't have to watch this..."

TOP smiled a little and shook his head. "I want to. I didn't know you were athletic."

We all looked at the TV, which started a game of basketball between my high school and Madeline's high school. It was my senior year.

"I remember this!" Madeline laughed. "We beat the crap out of each other!"

"There you are, Nat." Mom nodded to the TV. We were getting ready or the tip-off, me against Madeline.

"Number five?" TOP asked me, seeing the jersey number.

I nodded.

"Why five?"

Vinny snickered, and I sighed. "That's the number of members of BIGBANG..."

TOP laughed and put his ar around me. "That is adorable."

We watched the game go on, and TOP let out a surprised gasp when he saw me and Madeline both dive for the ball on the ground, pretty much tackling each other. "You both are viscious!"

CL laughed when the camera panned to the student section. "Who is the boy in the orange super suit?" In front of the student section was a person dressed in a head-to-toe spandex one-piece suit, cheering like crazy.

Vinny snickered again. "That's me."

TOP laughed. "No way! How could you breathe in that?"

Vinny shrugged. "It was hard."

I kept my eyes on the game, but froze when I heard my mom say to someone off-camera. "Why, Hello! We were waiting for you!"

another voice replied. "Just got home from campus for the weekend. How's Lia doing?"

There was a reason why she chose this one for TOP to watch.

TOP must not have noticed it, because he was still into the game.

Of course, the game ended, and my team had won. The fans stormed the floor to congratulate us, including my parents.

After shaking hands with everyone, I had walked over to my parents, groaning when I saw the camera. "Really? I look gross."

"Hey, you look like a winner." My dad said, showing up onscreen. He hugged me.

The onscreen me shrugged. "It's all because of this." I untucked my shirt and lifted it up to show the tank top underneath.

TOP started laughing. I felt so embarrassed. The tank top had a picture of TOP on the front, a picture from his Lollipop Part 2.

"I was your good luck charm back then, too? I am so proud of that." TOP squeezed my shoulders.

"Or maybe it was because of me."

"Oh no..." I winced when I heard that voice.

The onscreen me looked to the voice, and my eyes widened. A huge smile was crept onto my face. "Elliot?"

"Mom, let's turn it off." I sighed, standing.

"I think I lost the remote." My mom said, looking around on the couch.

"How's it going, Lia?" Elliot smirked at me, the camera focused on the two of us.

I started to the TV, but it was too late. The onscreen me wrapped my arms around Elliot's neck, and his hands went to my hips. Immediately, his lips met mine.

My face was so white.

"Found it!" My mom said, turning off the DVD.

I turned back around and couldn't help but look at TOP.

His level of feeling uncomfortable was through the roof.

I looked at my mom. She knew what she had done. I could tell she was satisfied.

Vinny knew it had gotten awkward quickly, too. He yawned dramatically and stretched his arms. "It's getting late. I'm going to bed."

He stood, and so did TOP. "I-I think I'll follow you up, Vincent." TOP nodded, then looked at my grandparents. "It was very nice to meet you both." He said quietly.

"Seunghyun." I said, looking at my boyfriend.

He smiled weakly. "I'll see you in the morning."

He, Vinny, and CL went upstairs. Madeline gave me a knowing glance, too.

I looked at my mom, a disgusted frown plastered on my face. I was so angry. "I can't believe you."

I stormed into the kitchen. I did not want to be around my mom.

"Juliana.... That was a low thing to do." I heard my dad say in the living room.

"What?" Mom had asked innocently. "I didn't know that was the one."

"Uh, I'm going upstairs." Madeline said. I heard footsteps again.

"I do not know why you are doing this, Juliana." My nonna said quietly.

"Go talk to your daughter." Nonno added. Despite being my mom's in-laws, they treated my mom like their daughter.

I angrilly started putting food from dinner away and cleaning up the mess in the kitchen. I couldn't believe my mom would stoop to this level. Why didn't she like TOP? Everyone else did.

"Natalia." My mom said. She was now in the kitchen with me.

I kept wrapping up pasta bowls that still had food in them and put them in the fridge. "You happy now? Did you get what you want? I'm sure you've had that planned since you knew we were coming, didn't you?"

"I am telling you that-"

I shut the fridge and looked at my mom. "Do not feed me that! I know how you work, Mom! I knew you had planned that ever since you knwe we were coming home."

"You know how I work?" Mom asked. "Natalia, come on."

I quickly changed my language to Italian so in case TOP could hear, he wouldn't know what we were saying. "Mom, I don't know why you don't like him, but come on. Give him a chance. You are being so immature. Why don't you like him? Because he's Korean?"

"Now, you know that would never be a reason, Natalia Nicoletta. I like Kenji and he's Japanese. I have no problem with race."

"Then what is it?" I screeched. "Is it because of his age? He's like, barely four years older than me! You and Dad are four years apart, Mom, so don't use that as an excuse."

"It's because he's famous, Natalia!" Mom finally exclaimed. "I didn't even know you and him were involved until I saw that news article! That's how I ever find out something about you now and days, is the news!" Mom scoffed.

"I've been busy, okay?" I told her. "I'm sorry I can't call you every winking second of every day to tell you what is going on with my life. I am constantly on the go. I never have any downtime. They have me working out a lot more."

Mom scoffed. "You and your brother are both changing. When were you going to tell me about the incident at the airport this morning?" She looked at my shocked face. "Yes, Natalia, I know that you got attacked. Don't act like you're so surprised."

"I just got pushed, okay? I'm sure it was an accident." I did not want to tell her what that fan had said to me. "Besides, TOP had been the first one to pick me up. It's part of being in the limelight. Those things happen."

"You never even wanted this, Natalia." my mom shook her head. "You never wished to be a dancer or a singer." She looked at my face again and nodded. "Oh, yeah, I know about the training with that company, too, Natalia Nicoletta Alessandra. You can't hide things."

I took a breath. "That isn't something for me to tell you alone. Vinny needs to be here for that. Don't go off topic. Why don't you like him because he's famous?"

Mom sighed heavily. "I feel... I feel like he's going to take you away. I feel like he really doesn't feel that way about you. I feel that... that..." Mom shook her head and looked at me. "Don't make me say it."

I crossed my arms. "Oh, please do. I want to hear this."

My groaned. "I feel like that he just wants you so he can take your ity from you!" Mom closed her eyes and shook her head. "Don't make me say that out loud!"

I actually started to laugh. I couldn't believe this. I had no idea that was going through her mind.

Did I mention my parents didn't know I had lost my ity to Elliot? They thought their perfect little Ccatholic girl was still pure.

"Mom, oh my God! I can't believe you! Really? That's what you're nervous about?"

"Well what else am I supposed to think? You're alone with him! Those things you used to say about having adorable Korean-Italian babies with him, that can actually happen now, and I don't need another grandchild at this moment!" Mom snapped.

I scoffed and shook my head. "Oh, my God. Oh my God! Really? Mom, first of all I'm not-" I froze to stop myself. That was a whole other arguement I was not ready for. "I'm not... one of those girls, okay? He knows that I'm not one of those girls. He respects me." I sighed, trying to assure my mother that TOP wasn't your usual celebrity. "He knows my culture, Mom. He knows the whole Catholic rules thing. He's catholic, you know."

My stopped and looked at me, her expression softened. "He is?"

I was hoping the fansites I had read in the past were right. I nodded. "Yeah. And if you would've taken a second to talk to him, maybe you would have learned that."

Whenever I dated a guy, no matter how weird they were, if they were Catholic, it was perfect with my family

I continued. "And that day you called and asked if he was dating me, you know what really happened? I told him he didn't have to answer you. I didn't even know i he and I were official. He had told you on his own. That was his decision."

"Natalia...." Mom sighed.

"Just... just try, okay?" I asked, going back to English. "Please? For me? I really like him, Mom. And not just because he's TOP. I like the Seunghyun side of him. I'm sure you would, too."

Mom thought for a moment. "I'm not making any promises."

"I don't need a promise. I just need an attempt." I turned to leave the kitchen. "I'm going to bed, okay?"

I walked into the living room, and my Nonno grabbed my wrist from his chair. "Nice job in there, mi bella." Nonno smirked and winked at me when I looked at him. He spoke in Italian. "I like your man. He seems very sure of himself. Now, do me a favor, huh?"

"Of course, Nonno, what is it?" I asked in English.

Nonno looked at my nonna, who was holding a sleeping Koyki, my dad, who was reading, and then back to me. "Go and get me a canolli, will you? It's a great midnight snack."

"Yeah." I laughed. "I'll go-"

"No you won't." Dad interrupted us and looked at us. "Dad, you know you need to cut back on the sweets. After last month, we really need to watch your health."

"What happened last month?" I looked at my family.

"You're nonno had a pre-heartattack." Mom sighed when she came back to the living room.

My heart skipped a beat (not in a good way), and I looked at my grandfather. "Nonno! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Nonno sighed. He looked at my dad and scoffed. "It was not a heart-attack, Roberto. I just had some indigestion."

"You had chest pains, Dad. And you couldn't breathe."

Nonno shrugged. "We had spicy sausage that night! It revved up the old engine a little, that's all." Nonno grabbed my hand and patted it, giving me a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, my angela. Healthy as a horse. Now, go upstairs, kiss your man goodnight, and go to sleep."

I gave my grandpa one last nervous look, but headed upstairs anyway.

Before stepping into my room, I knocked on TOP's door. I really hoped he wasn't mad.

"Come in."

I stepped into his room, and TOP was standing, putting a hoodie over his head.

"Hi." I said quietly, shutting the door behind me.

"Hi." TOP sighed and grabbed his glasses. He rubbed his black hair a little before putting his glasses on and looking at me.

"I'm really sorry." I said immediately. "My mom... she can be mean and-"

"I thought you said you didn't date that Elliot guy after you broke up when you were sixteen." TOP told me.

"I didn't," I shook my head. "We weren't dating in that video.

"Then why did you kiss him?"

I sighed. "We were thinking about getting back together. We didn't, though." I groaned. "That doesn't matter anymore, anyway. I'm with you, now."

"I didn't even know you were athletic." TOP scoffed and shook his head.

I shrugged again. "It just never came up. W-we'e still learning about each other, Seunghyun. Please, please don't be mad at me." That was the last thing I needed right now.

"I'm not mad." TOP finally said. He sat down. "I'm just... I'm realizing how different our cultures are. It's shocking. I feel like I jumped into a pool before taking a breath of air." He could see the look of distress on my face, so he spoke quickly. "It has nothing to do with you, okay? I don't want you to think for a second that I regret dating you, because this is one of the greatest things in my life. Just let me get used to it, okay?"

"Oh, thank God." I let out a relieved sigh. "I really thought you were regretting all of this."

TOP smiled and shook his head. "Not at all. Now come here."

I walked over to him, and he stood and hugged me. "I'm just learning something new everyday." He sighed, then looked down at me. "So you played volleyball?"

I looked up at him and nodded. "Yep."

TOP rose an eyebrow. "What was the uniform?"

I gave him a knowing smirk. "Oh, you know, spandex."

TOP sighed. "Wish your mom would've showed that video."

I let go of him while giggling. "Hold on a second."

I walked through the bathroom that connected our rooms, and grabbed my professionally done senior pictures album. I found the picture of me in my volleyball uniform, posed with a volleyball being held against one hip, the other hip popped out, my straight hair as long as it is now, but a much lighter brown.

I walked back to TOP's room and handed him the 4x6 picture. "There you go."

TOP looked at it and chuckled. "Okay, now I really want to see you play." He looked at me, that cheeky smirk on his face. "Can I keep this?"

"Oh my God you are so weird!" I laughed. "Yeah, fine, whatever. Keep it."

TOP smirked, folded it, and put it into his wallet. This small action brought so much joy to my heart.

He hugged me again. "Well, we should get some sleep."

I nodded. "One more question."

"Of course."

"Are you Catholic?"

TOP looked down at me, confused. "Um... yes. Why?"

I let out another sigh of relief and let go of him. "Thank God." I kissed him quickly. "Goodnight, Seunghyun."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick A/N: I don't know what TOP's religion is. I've heard it's either Protestant or Catholic, but for the sake of the story, I'm saying Catholic. I'm sorry to all those extreme fangirls if I'm wrong.