Thirteen

Lucky :): The Remake

"Natalia, go clean off the back room tables. The famiglia is going to come in for dinner." Dad told me as he walked to the kitchen of the restaurant to help with orders.

I fixed my visor and headed out with a towel and container to put plates in. I began to wipe of tables, and when I was done, someone walked into the room.

"Just in time." My sister, Angelina's, husband, Kenji said as I turned around. He was standing with my sister and mom, his four-month old son on his hip.

I squealed and grabbed my half-Asian godson. "Come here, my spicy tuna roll!"  I planted a huge kiss on the baby's cheek, earning a coo from him. I loved my nephew, and my sister was really lucky to find a man like Kenji. He was three years older than my twenty-three year old sister. His family is from Japan, and he came here on a college visa when he was seventeen. He still had a little Japanese accent, but his English was btter than BIGBANG's . Kenji was my height, with short black hair and these intellectual rectangular framed glasses. He was a high school science teacher, and was perfect for my sister because he was like her; quiet, reserved, and he loved to read.

My sister, Angelina, was a little bit different from me and our brother. She was only about 5'7", and was a little bit overweight. She took after my dad, so this meant that she had the pure thick dark brown Sicilian hair, which she kept trimmed just below her shoulders. She also had my dad's hazel green eyes. She was still pretty, and was a high school English teacher at the same school Kenji taught at.

"Did you really just call my son a piece of sushi?" Angelina sighed.

"He is Japanese!" I exclaimed, hugging my nephew closed to me. God, I loved that new-baby smell.

"He's just as Italian as he is Japanese." Angelina pointed out.

"Fine. Then I'll just eat my little canolli up!" I kissed Kyoki's cheek again.

"Okay, okay, okay. As much as I know my grandson is the cutest thing in the world, you still have to work, mi bella." My dad walked over and took Kyoki from me.

I groaned and nodded. I walked back over to behind the counter and dropped off the plates. I felt my headache coming back, so I rubbed my temples and walked over to my bag that was hanging on the spot we put our coats. I pulled out a bottle of ibuprofen. Of course, Elliot noticed this.

"Not feeling too good, Lia?" He asked, turning to face me.

"Don't talk to me." I muttered, taking the pills.

"You look tired, too." Elliot added.

"Long night, okay?" I snapped, looking at my ex boyfriend.

"Nat, you're being paged." My dad told me.

I walked out to the front and was bombarded by hugs from my little cousins: 7-year-old Elisabetta, 4-year-old Antonio, and 2-year-old Graciellla.

"Hi, guys!" I smiled, hugging each of them. Italian families were so close, and I loved it.

"Hi, Natty! We've missed you at nonna and nonno's house!" Antonio told me. Every Sunday, my family would get together at my dad's parents' house and have a day where we all hang out together. Because Vinny and I had been in Las Vegas and busy with practice, we had missed the past 3 get-togethers.

"Oh, I miss you guys, too!" I exclaimed, letting go of my cousins. "I promise we'll be at the next one!"

"Is Elliot here?" Elisabetta asked me. Despite the fact Elliot and I had broken up a long time ago, she loved him.

"I sure am, Busy Lizzy." Elliot said behind me.

Elisabetta squealed and ran to Elliot, and he picked her up with ease. I looked at him and frowned . Really?

"Sweetheart!"

My heart jumped and I looked to the entrance.

Wait... BIGBANG?

BIGBANG walked into the restaurant, Seungri leading the way.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, waving at the guys. "What are you all doing here?"

Seungri (of course) hugged me first. "You said it was your last night of work, and, well, we're used to hanging out with you and Vincent every day. Where is he?"

"Back making food." I sighed, nodding to the kitchen.

"Which you need to serve." my dad interrupted, passing me to walk to the counter. He looked at Elliot. "And you need to cook. Go. Velocemente."

Elliot let go of Elisabetta and patted me on the shoulder. "Let's get back to work, Lia."

I ignored him and grabbed my dad's wrist. "Papa, this is BIGBANG, the band I'm dancing for." I nodded to the guys.

My dad smiled at them. "Of course. I can tell because they look exactly like the posters in your room." He chuckled and shook their hands. "My name is Roberto and this is my restaurant. I really hope you find our food to your liking. It's not every day we get celebrities in here."

"This is my dad." I explained to BIGBANG.

"Oh, Mr. Marcs!" Jiyong smiled and shook my dad's hand again. "Natalia and Vincent have told us so much about you! You have talented children."

My dad chuckled. "I've heard. One of them needs to get back to her first talent." He elbowed me.

I sighed and walked back to the counter. I looked at BIGBANG. "Did you guys want to eat?"

They nodded. "Is it okay if we wait for you and your brother to get off, too?" Seungri asked.

"Hey, guys!" Vinny waved as he set a pizza in the pickup window.

I nodded at BIGBANG. "Yeah, that's fine. What do you guys want?" Madeline grabbed the pizza that Vinny had just set out to go take to a table.

"Hi, Madeline." Taeyang smiled shyly.

"Hey, guys." Madeline said as she passed by.

Seungri looked at me and shrugged. "Just order what your special is. We want to try authentic Italian pizza." The guys sat in the corner booth

"No problem." I said, typing an order into the computer. I was getting them our famous breadsticks, Italiano pizza di carne (which was just a pizza with various meats such as sausage, pepperoni, bacon, and prosciutto), and pizza dolce con gelato (our dessert pizza with cinnamon bread, icing, and cherry pie filling topped with vanilla gelato). As I finished that, I noticed Graciella try and walk behind the counter as she smiled at me.

"Natty!"

"Oh, no ya don't." I chuckled and picked up my two-year old cousin, taking her out to the front. "What do you think you're doing, Grace?"

Graciella giggled, and TOP walked over to me.

"Who's the little one?" He asked.

"My cousin Graciella." I explained. I looked at Grace. "Can you say hi to my friend?"

"Hi!" Grace waved excitedly at TOP.

"Hi." TOP chuckled.

I looked at him. "Yeah, my whole family's here."

"Really? Where?" TOP looked around.

I nodded to the back party room, where it was filled with all of my family members. "In there."

TOP looked and his eyes widened a little. "That is your family? All of them?"

"Well, minus me, Vinny, Madeline, Brett, and my dad being there because we're working." I nodded.

I started over to the room to drop grace off to my Uncle Massimo and Aunt Christie, and I was surprised to see TOP stay by my side.

"Hi, everyone." I smiled at my family. "I think you guys lost someone. She was about to help me deliver food to the tables."

My Uncle Massimo walked over and took his daughter from me, then looked to two of his other children, Antonio and Elisabetta. "Antonio and Elisabetta, what did I say about keeping an eye on your baby sister?" He looked at me. "Thank you, Natalia."

"No problem." I smiled. Uncle Massimo and Graciella went back to their table, and I looked at TOP. "I'll have you meet my mom and sister. Come on."

We walked over to where my immediate family were sitting, and I smiled at me mom. "Mom, there's someone I want you to meet."

My mom looked up from Kyoki in her lap, and when she saw TOP, smiled a little. "I don't think any introductions are needed. It's nice to meet you, T-O-P. I'm Julie, Natalia's mom. Believe me, we've heard so much about you even before she met you."

"Mom!" I exclaimed, my face growing red.

TOP laughed. "Oh, I think I've heard a few stories about Natalia being a fan. It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Marcs."

I nodded to my sister. "That's my sister, Angelina, and her husband Kenji. And the little one sitting on my mom's lap is my nephew Kyoki." I ruffled Kyoki's thick black hair. I looked at my family. "I need to get back to work. I just wanted you guys to actually witness the fact that I am friends with some idols now."

They laughed, and we walked out of the back room. TOP looked at me. "So your sister is married to an Asian man?"

I nodded. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Your parents are okay with that?"

I looked at him, confused. "Um, yeah. I mean, my grandparents would prefer any of us with a nice Sicilian boy, but everyone's okay with Kenji. He's from Japan."

"What's his last name?"

"Urihimo." I told him. What was with the questions?

"So does Kyoki have any Italian influence in his name?"

I nodded. "Kyoki Benito Urihimo. His middle name is Italian."

TOP nodded again and looked to the kitchen behind the counter. He looked at me. "I have one more question."

I let out a chuckle and nodded. "Okay, what's up?"

"That man that's making a pizza and looks about five inches taller than I am and can't take his eyes off of you.... Who is that?"

I looked to his stare and almost snorted. Elliot was looking at me through the food window as he put a pizza together. "That's Elliot." I sighed.

"Are you and your family close to him? He was carrying one of your cousins."

I looked at TOP. "You could say that..... He's actually my ex-boyfriend."

TOP rose his eyebrows. "Oh?"

I sighed again and nodded. "We've been broken up for a couple years. No big deal. He's kind of a douche bag."

"Looks like it." TOP chuckled. "I'll let you get back to work. Oh, and did Seungri tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"We and 2NE1 are coming over to your house when you and your brother get off work." He smiled.

My heart jumped into my throat. My house? Where there is K-Pop memorabilia all over the place?

Well, this should be interesting.

----------

As soon as we all got to my house (it was okay with our parents since they were going to Angelina and Kenji's place), I unlocked the back door, which led to the big kitchen.

"Wow! Your house is really big!" Seungri exclaimed as we all took off our shoes.

This was true; since the restaurant did so well, we were finally well-off financially (we had a difficult time when Vinny and I were in high school; we lived in a different house until two years ago). We lived on a few acres of land just outside town, and had our two-story, 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom home, as well as a ranch-style guest house next to our three-car garage. Our basement was also completey done to be an entertainment center, and that was where we were going to be tonight.

"Thanks." I smiled. I looked at my brother, then back at BIGBANG and 2NE1. "We're going up to our rooms to change, but we'll be back down."

Vinny and I both hurried upstairs. I went into my room, which was across from my brother's. It was a dark plum-purple with white and turquoise accents, but the walls were barely visible because of all the posters I had of various K-Pop stars (mostly BIGBANG... and TOP). I also had a life-size cutout of TOP from his long-hair days, which was a present on my 17th birthday from my sister.

I quickly took the band out that was keeping my ponytail in place, and shook out my wavy hair. I grabbed a semi-see-through lace tank top, black metallic bandeau, and denim mini shorts. I quickly changed and looked in my vanity mirror. I fixed my part in my hair and added a shimmery-grey eyeshadow and fixed my black eyeliner on my upper and bottom lids.

Outfit:

I heard a knock on my door when I was picking up my clothes. "Hey, Nat?"

My heart froze when I heard TOP. He could NOT see my room. "Yeah?"

He chuckled. "So maknae is nosy and found some popcorn bags. Can he make some?"

I let out a laugh. "Yeah, that's fine, go ahead. I'm done anyway." I stepped to my door and opened it enough to let me through, but TOP was right there.

"So is this your room?" TOP looked over me.

"Yeah, but it isn't that interesting. Let's go and-"

"Let me see." TOP chuckled. He took a step forward, knowing I would take a step back.

"Top, it really-"

"What'd you just call me?" He stepped again, and I bumped into my door, causing it to open.

Oh no. Oh no.

TOP stared, taking in the walls and various K-Pop CDs and DVDs.

I gasped when I saw the cutout of him. I quickly opened my closet and attempted to shove it in my closet, but TOP stopped me. "Is that..."

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing that came out of my mouth. "I'm so sorry. I just... I was a fan, remember?" I sat down on my turquoise comforter-covered bed, my head in my hands. Now whatever caused that kiss was probably gone from his mind. He probably thought I was a sasaeng fan.

"It's.... funny." TOP let out a laugh. "It's cute."

I looked up from my hands at him. "What?"

He smiled and shrugged. "It's like me and my Bearbricks except its, well, us." He looked at each poster. "And 2NE1, BAP, SHINee, and B1A4." He laughed again and pointed to an individual poster of him amongst other (yes... I had a TOP wall). "And me. I get it. I was your bias." He looked at me, his eyes bright. "But you know what?"

"What?"

"Now you have the real thing!" TOP pointed out. He walked over to my opened closet and grabbed the cut-out of himself. "I mean, come on, why look at this when you can look at me?"

"You have to be freaked out by this!" I exclaimed and stood. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out the top drawer. I picked up the first t-shirt which was white and had a black screen of TOP on it. "I mean, look! It's you!"

TOP laughed again and shrugged. "I'll admit, I was a little... surprised when I saw how much you really do have, but in a way, I'm touched." He walked over to one of my shelves and touched the various BIGBANG and 2NE1 CDs, as well as the BIGBANG Big Show DVDs an YG Family 2011 DVD. "You support us all the way from America. Illinois, on top of that." He stepped towards me. "On top of that, you support all of YG."

"But, it's so weird!" I exclaimed again. I tossed the shirt onto my bed. "You should be so freaked out."

"You freak me out for other reasons." TOP chuckled and shook his head.

What's that supposed to mean?

I was going to ask him, but he stepped towards me. "I don't want you to think I'm freaked out by you being a fan. I know you were a fan. That's fine with me. You're different, Natalia. It's nice seeing a fan that doesn't scream when I'm this close to them."

"You want the truth?" I asked nervously as I pushed my hair back.

"Sure." TOP smiled softly as he took another step so he was close enough to touch me. He didn't, though.

I cleared my throat. "Remember the first day I came to practice with you guys and I passed out?"

He nodded, and I continued. "It wasn't because I was so hungry. It was because I wasn't expecting all of you to be there. When I found out we were sitting together on the plane, I did whatever I could to make sure I didn't take up any space. I freak out whenever I even hear your voice. Do you realize how much will it's taking me to not freak out about the fact that you're in my room right now? You're Top, dude. T-O-P. It freaks me out."

TOP laughed quietly. "But, right now, I'm not him. I'm Top when I'm onstage or in photoshoots or interviews. I'm what I want you to call me right now. I'm Seunghyun. That's who I try to be around you. I want you to know that side of me." He lightly grabbed my biceps. "Okay? Please, just see me as who I really am, because I'm seeing you as you, not some fan." with that, he pulled me close to him and kissed me.

Why does he do this? Doesn't he know that it makes my head explode?

"Really? Again?" A voice said while we were in mid-liplock. TOP parted from me and let go of my arms. I took my own hands away from the front of his shirt.

I sighed with relief when I saw it was only Vinny.

"You told him?" TOP asked me.

I felt my face grow red. "Y-yeah."

He shrugged. "That's okay. I told Jiyong."

I gasped. "BIGBANG knows?"

TOP shook his head. "Just Jiyong. I don't want the rest knowing right now."

I nodded once. Why did he tell the leader but no one else?

The bigger question: Why did he just kiss me again?