Twenty-One

Lucky :): The Remake

Vinny's POV

"She still isn't answering her phone, Vincent Alexander." Mom told me as soon as I answered my cell phone.

I tried to keep my composure and looked around. Mom didn't know Natalia was in TOP's room, still asleep.

Well... I hoped they had been sleeping.

"Mom, it's eight in the morning. I'm sure she's still sleeping and-"

"You're sure? You told me ten minutes ago that she was sleeping in the bed next to yours." Mom questioned. I could hear the suspicion in her voice.

I thought for a moment. "Sh-she is. I went to go work out and now I'm going back to our room." Okay, that was a lie. I had been awake since my mom called the first time, but I just stayed in bed. What was I going to do?

Natalia had covered for me missing curfew or not coming home many times in high school. This was the least I could do.

I looked around, and my eyes landed on Madeline, who was snoring in her and Natalia's bed. I had an idea.

I picked up a pillow and chucked it at her, hitting my cousin in her face with it.

Madeline jerked awake. "What the hell?!?" She screeched.

"Oh, here she is, Mom!" I announced loudly, looking at Madeline. "Mom wants to talk to you, Natalia."

Madeline loked at me, confused. "What? I'm not-"

I covered the speaker on my phone. "Yes you are. Just act like it!"

"Aunt Julie is gonna know it's me!"  Madeline whisper-screeched.

I walked over to her and my phone into her palm. "Just try!"

Madeline cleared . "H-Hi, Mom." She stuttered into the phone, making her voice a tiny bit deeper. She really did kind of sound like Natalia. She listened to her aunt on the other line. "What? I'm fine. I...I just woke up. What's up?"

Madeline listened. "Y-yeah. Everything's good. Sorry I haven't answered my phone. I was sleeping." She sent an icy glare my way. "I'm gonna let you talk to Vincent, Mom, okay? I gotta pee."

Madeline tossed me back y phone, called me an in Italian, and trudged to the bathroom.

"Is Natalia feeling okay?" Mom asked me. "She doesn't sound too good."

"She's fine, Mom." I sighed.

"Well, I gotta go. Your nonna just walked through the door with some fresh bread. I'll call you again, okay?"

"Mom, you really don't need to." I groaned.

"I will. Bye, Vincent." Mom hung up.

That was a close one.

Madeline walked back out of the bathroom, glaring at me. "That was so close! You're never pulling me into something like that again! God, I-"

My phone rang again, and I groaned when I saw it was, for the fifth time today, my mom. "Si, Madre?" I sighed.

"Why is your grandmother asking me if Natalia is dating a Coreano?"

I froze. Oh, .

"Why does she think that?" I decided to ask.

"I guess there is some news site about it? I'm going to look it up."

No. No, no no. Mom couldn't know. She was going to kill Natalia if she found out she and TOP kissed onstage

"Mom, listen. I-"

"What?!?" Mom exclaimed angrilly on the other side of the phone.

I winced. She found it.

"Vincent Alexander Valentino Marco-Muchi, you better tell me why your sister is kissing a man onstage in front  of thousands of people." Okay, Mom never used my full Italian-given name. She barely spoke in Italian, either.

She was pissed.

"Let me talk to her." My said again.

"Sh-she just left. She's going to BIGBANG's suite. Hold on."

I jumped out of bed, Madeline following me out the door. Neither of us had changed out of our pajamas, and i didn't even throw a shirt on

I pounded on BIGBANG's door. "Guys, it's Vin."

I waited, ignoring my Mom's rampage in Italian on my phone.

The door opened, Taeyang on the other side, dressed in athletic shorts and shirtless. "It's eight in the morning." Taeyang croaked.

"Sorry. I need Nat." I said quickly, pushing past him.

Taeyang woke up immediately when he saw my cousin. "H-hey Madeline. Y-you look nice." He managed to say.

"I just woke up."  Madeline grumbled.

I walked over to the first door I saw and pounded on it. "Nat!" I called out, keeping my phone in my hand so Mom couldn't hear.

The door opened. Seungri looked at me, glaring through his swollen-tired eyes. He jabbed a thumb to the door to the right. "In there."

I walked over to that door, and opened it immediately.

I stomped over to Natalia, who was cuddled against a covered lump which I was guessing was TOP. I tore the blankets off of her and grabbed her arm, yanking her away from TOP's-

Holy .

TOP was shirtless!

"Vinny!" Natalia screeched as she woke up quickly.

TOP sat up, too, and I couldn't help it. I felt back, landing on the carpet on my with a thud.

I was having a fan-boy moment.

"Whoah!' Was all I could say.

"Hyung!" Seungri cheered when he walked in to see the ruckus.

"Dude, you're ripped!" Taeyang hooted.

"Vincent? Vincent, what is going on?"  I heard my mom faintly say over my phone.

I picked it up. "Sh-she's right here, Mom."

I looked at Natalia and held out my phone, frowning. "It's for you."

Natalia's POV

I really hoped we could just sleep all day. I didn't want to move out of TOP's arms. He was so comfortable, his arms still wrapped around me tightly, hugging me against his chest.  I felt his forehead buried into the back of my neck, and I could hear him snoring softly.

God, he was so cute.

Suddenly, I felt the blankets removed from me quickly. Then there was a rough yank at my arm, and my eyes snapped open.

Vinny had grabbed my arm and yanked it, but let me go when his eyes drifted to next to me.

"Vinny!" I screeched, sitting up and grabbing my glasses.

TOP groaned and sat up, too.

Vinny fell back on his in pure shock. "Whoah!"

It took me a moment to realize my brother had been gawking at TOP.

Seungri and Taeyang had ran into the room, and Seungri's eyes immediately widened. "Hyung!" He clapped his hands and cheered.

"Dude, you're ripped!" Taeyang chuckled.

I heard a muffled voice, and then Vinny pick up his phone and speak into it. "Sh-she's right here, Mom."

My brother looked at my and frowned, holding his phone out for me. "It's for you."

My eyes widened. My mom? Why was my mom calling so early?

I scrambled off the bed and dove to the phone so I was sitting on the ground next to my brother. "H-hey, Mom! What's up?" I said a little too happily.

"You tell me, Natalia Nicoletta Alessandra Marco-Muchi!" My mom exclaimed on the other end.

Oh, God. Not the native name. Not in Italian.

"Mom. wha-"

"I thought you were a dancer for BIGBANG, and now I'm reading some news article that you sang in their concert with that rapper and that he kissed you onstage? What on earth is going on? Where are you? What are you doing?"

I thought for a moment. "We're in BIGBANG's suite."

"Are you with him?"

Everyone in the room that couldn't speak Italian (BIGBANG), was staring at me with confusion.

I groaned. "Can we please speak in English?"

"Fine. Are you with the rapper?"

"Can you call him by his real name?"

"Are you sassing me?" My mom snapped.

"No!" I exclaimed. "Yes, I am with him. I'm with all of them."

"Where are you in the suite? Are you in his room? Natalia Nicoletta, I swear if you're in his room."

"No!" Lie. "Geez, Mom!"

"Put me on speaker. I know if I ask this you'll deny it."

I did like my mom said, and leaned back against the bed, next to TOP's legs. I glanced up at him, relieved he was wearing a t-shirt so I wouldn't be distracted,

"Is he there?" Mom asked over the speaker.

"Yeah, Mom, but-"

"Are you dating my daughter?" My mom asked immediately.

I looked at TOP and nodded to my phone, signaling she was talking to him.

TOP cleared his throat to get rid of sounding groggy. "Uh, good morning, Mrs. Marcs."

"Are you dating my daughter?" My mom commanded again.

I looked at TOP, as did deveryone. It was like we had put him on the spot. He looked around at all of us, his eyes hitting mine as he answered my mom. "I've taken her out on dates, yes."

One, technically.

"That's no what I asked. Are you dating my daughter?"

I looked at TOP. "You don't have to answer this." I mouthed.

I didn't want him to because I was afraid of the answer.

TOP looked at everyone again. Daesung and Jiyong had even entered the room. Vinny was sitting across from me, leaned against the dresser. Madeline and Taeyang were standing next to each other by the dresser as well. Seungri  was leaned forward by the wall, waiting for an answer. Daesung and Jiyong were at the doorway, peering in.

Okay, why did everyone suddenly decide to sleep shirtless? I couldn't handle this.

We were all staring at TOP.

TOP looked at me, his eyes going a little bit wider, biting nervously at his bottom lip.

I looked at him and slowly shook my head. "Just don't answer."

TOP looked down at his hands in his lap, then ran his hands through his black bed-head hair. He shut his eyes for a split second, then opened them and looked at the phone in my hand. "Yes. Yes I am dating your daughter."

We all gasped. Like, seriously. We all gasped.

I didn't know what to say.

TOP told my mom we were dating. He told my own mother.

I knew dating was strict in Korea, but did he realize how psychotic Italian parents could be?

My mom was silent for a moment, and I shut my eyes and waited to hear her scream.

She finally sighed deeply. "Fourth of July."

I looked at the phone, confused. "What?"

"You're coming home on the four of July to celebrate Independance day. No excuses. I will personally call your CEO or whatever he is."

"Mom, I don't think-"

"And bring him with." Mom told me sternly.

I looked at TOP. "B-bring Seunghyun with?"

"Bring him, bring everyone. I don't care. Just make sure you bring him."

Most girls would be elated that their omther was allowing their boyfriend to come to a family get-together.

My heart sank.

With Italian families, this was another story.