Apprentice~~

Our Fate

At last I have reached home. As per normal the house is empty, Gary Oppa must be out with his schedule. I drag myself to my room and flop my heavy body on the bed. I texted Gary Oppa saying I am already home and of course not forgetting to texted Jiyong too. A simple ‘I’m home’ to him as I am still feeling a little uptight over what happen but at the same time I do not want him to worry about me because I knew he have more than that to worry about.

 

I plan to take a nap for a while before heading out to the studio in the evening. Without washing up and still seating on the bed, I took of my jacket threw it off the bed and lay myself back on the bed. I do not know exactly how I manage to doze off but the next thing I knew that I woke up in my room in total darkness. I got up to freshen myself before I leave the house.

 

I entered Teddy’s Oppa Twosome+cafe intending to grab something light for dinner and obviously no matter what it will be my all time favourite caramel macchiato and the tomato cheese black toast. After ordering my food from Jin, the barista that happens to be a close dongseng of mine, I took my seat at a corner near the exit to the smoking area away from the crowd. While waiting and observing those patrons who went in and out to smoke even it was damn cold outside at 5 degrees, I took out my sketch book and flip through it to check on my designs which I have neglected lately. I guess I was too immersed in it that I did not notice someone approach my table. I thought it was Jin but as I look up I saw him. It was Taecyon.

 

“Hi Babe!” – Taecyon

 

“Hi... Hi.... What you doing here?” I was kind of surprised.

 

“Stalking you~~~ Nahhh... Kidding... I’m hungry and need food!” As he explained he pulled out the chair across of me and comfortably settles himself.

 

“Ahhh... I see....” Both of us suddenly when quiet. I really did not know what to say to him. No topic to even start a conversation. It is either Jin hurries up on my order or Taecyon to start talking again.

 

“What are you doing here? – Taecyon

 

“same as you... hungry~~” Me

 

“hmmm... then after that?” – Taecyon

 

“Work... I got tons of stuff to do and I have a deadline to met” – Me

 

“Its good to know what you have tons to do... it shows that you are indeed a good designer...” – Taecyon

 

“I’m just an apprentice Taec... I got a long way to go...” – Me

 

“Hey... be positive! Continue working hard... I knew and have confidence in you!” – Taecyon

 

“Thanks Taec...” – Me

 

We were in a midst of having a normal nice conversation when Jin interrupted us.

 

“Noona, its ready!” – Jin

 

I took my take away food, stuff my sketch book in my red Hermes birkin bag and got up to leave. I bid my farewell to Taecyon and telling him that I am sorry that I cannot stay too long. I walked out of the cafe and walked across the street and in 10mins I reached the studio. I was greeted by the other unnies that was working for Eunji unnie. I took my seat at my desk, switch on my Mac book and read through my emails while munching down my food. I have tons of emails and most of them are from those who seem interested on my design. I believe Eunji unnie really help me on this. I get back on sketching my new design for Eunji unnie upcoming exhibition and I am rushing, the deadline is nearing.

 

I guess I was too engrossed that I lost track of the time. I look at the clock and it is already nearing midnight. I look at my phone and saw a few text messages. It was from Gary oppa asking if I am coming back or not. Daesung on the other hand asked if I am doing ok. Jiyong texted me telling that he missed me and wish I was there and hoping that I have cool off. Lastly was from Taecyon telling me that he was happy to meet me and really enjoy being able to talk to me even for a very short while. I replied to every one of them, switch off my Mac book and left the studio.

 

I reached home kind of late and found Gary oppa watching the television with Jihyo unnie. I say hi to them and entered my room to wash up. After a light supper of my every favourite dubukki and tuna kimbab which Jihyo unnie bought, I joined the lovey dovey couple. Seeing them together, joking and talking and how Gary oppa being so in love with Jihyo unnie makes me think of how much I misses my baby boy. It worries me too, what is he doing right now? Have he eaten his dinner? Is he stress? How was his work? I sigh and excuse myself and return to my room. I sat on my bed and dial Jiyong’s number.

 

“Hello love!” he answered fast. His voice seems a little dreary even though he tries to sound excited.

 

“Hi... what’re you doing?” – Me

 

“About to get some rest, just get back to my room... and I missed you seriously...” I heard he sighs.

 

“me too.... are you ok?” – Me

 

“I should be asking you that love, are you ok? I’m sorry and.....” Jiyong

 

“Stop.. and please don’t worry too much.. I’m ok... I don’t want you to be so stress and work hard ok?” I interrupted him.

 

“ Thank you love... forgive me again.. and give me time....” He seems to be pleading to me and what more can I say or do? I love him and what he wants from me is a little more time and I gave in and try to understand him too.

 

“ I will...” – Me

 

After a short and meaningful conversation with him, we hung up. I told him to get more rest and me too have to sleep early for tomorrow. It is a big thing for me; I am meeting someone that is keen on my design.