Here Comes The Park Family

Can I be Your Tinkerbell?

I decide to not going to the grand party that Seo family hold tonight. Why? Because I don't feel I'm appropriate to attend it. Yeah. Also with the promise, I forced Chan Yeol to accept my requirement. 

I have done that because I'm afraid. I'm afraid of his family. 

Ma family is one of rich families that thinks status is everything. The family members, especially the elders, tend to match their kids to other chaebols, and so on. They are already rich before connected to Seo family. In fact, rumors say that Chan Yeol's uncle and aunt were paired. 

And when I saw his older brother's fiancee, I knew that rumor is true. The girl is indeed coming from a very wealthy family. She works just under her father, as the vice president of the company. No wonder there were no people looked bothered or showed being bothered by us. 

I found out that fact when I was still his Tinkerbell (well, I'm still his Tinkerbell. He insists that I am still his Tinkerbell by always say to him to be healthy and every wishes that I wrote on those letters when we are connected by phone in the night). One of his facts that I am afraid of, until now. 

So when he tells me that his family will come two weeks later, I'm shaking. Thank God Chung Ah unnie is coming and saves me with her comment (about the bra). After I change my clothes, we are going to underwear shop. Of course, Chan Yeol's presence is drawing people's attention. 

"I'm just accompanying."  He later says to the salesperson. The woman nods, but I know what she is thinking. Chung Ah unnie acts like she is our mother, and I'm the one girl that needs bra, and was accompanied by a man who really looks like my boyfriend (and yeah he is my boyfriend). They absolutely know what has happened. 

"Well, try this."  Chung Ah unnie's voice is breaking my daydreaming. I quickly react, and scream a bit when she shows what kind of underwear clothes. It's a....well you can say that it is the alluring one. I don't need it. My....underwear is already signing that. I don't need another thing like that (by the way, the underwear, Min Jung gave it to me. She said I might need it, yeah I wore it for this night so she was right). She laughs watching my reaction. Thank God Chan Yeol decides to walk out and wait in the cashier's desk rather than being watched suspiciously by the girls there (because there is no man in the store beside him). 

"Don't be so shocked. I think they look good on you."

"I'm sorry, unnie, I don't need this kind--"

"What? You think Yeol will not ask you to do that again?"  Thank you, unnie, now everybody are giggling to me. I feel embarrased. 

"I don't know, but--"

"Just think it's a gift from you older sister. Yeol has already become my other brother, so take it. I will search the decent one for you to wear now."  She winks to me and asks the direction to the salesgirl. I really hope I can disappear now. Not wearing bra is the most dangerous idea if you want to go on a dinner date with your boyfriend, remember that Ahn Hee Joo. I hope in campus today I can find those two brats and hit them with my shoes (I borrow flat shoes from Chung Ah unnie, but I still bring my high heels). My pitching skill is not bad. I can do that successfully. 

Finally Chung Ah unnie says that she has finished her hunt of my underwear and asks me to go with her to the cashier's desk. Chan Yeol is there, smiling to me while he has been talking with the chasier for killing time waiting for us. 

"I will pay."  He says. I shake my head, "No, I will."

"I'm the one who broke your clothes. At least I can pay the cost."  Broke the clothes....yeah.....the knife......

"It's actually from your brother's fiancee. She paid for it."

"What? Soo Jin noona? How could you....ah yes. Baekkie must be the one who brought you to her."

"And Jong Dae-sshi. I will pay for it. It's my necessity."

"I am.paying.for.it."  He uses those scary tones. I bet he will use that often when he is in the court, as a lawyer. 

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"I have paid it. This is the bag. Now take me to the hospital and later you can continue your arguing about who will the one that pay to me."  Chung Ah unnie is handing me the bag. Chan Yeol quickly takes it, and I pout to him. He sticks out his tounge. 

"Oh! You two! Don't act like kids! Now take me to the hospital before I am late!" 

 

"Hello?"

"Yeah?"

"It's me."

"Yeah I know. I know your voice. What's going on?"

"Is this the way to greet your boyfriend? I thought you were romantic person."

"I'm not. I have said to you I'm not a romantic person."

"That is cruel. Where is the girl that used to send me hundreds of letters saying that she was, well now is still, my Tinkerbell?"

"Right here, talking to you. My mother is probably hearing from another phone. I say to you just call to my cellular phone."

"I don't want to call you to your phone. I want your family to hear my lovely voice."

"And I never thought that the Peter Pan will be so cheesy."

"Peter Pan is chessy. He has a lot of chessy words, so that is why he can lure some children to be his Lost Boys."

"You haven't read the story. Don't act like you are the expert."

"As if you have read it. I bet you just watch the movies, not read the book."

"Whatever. Why are you calling?"

"Oh my God, my girlfriend is not romantic at all! I want a romantic girlfriend."

"Change it then."

"And the fairies will punish me. No thank you. I heard from our cupid that one of those fairies is scary when she is angry. The future healer said so."

"You mean Yi Xing oppa and Joon Myun oppa?"

"Yes. And those fairies are your friends. They have warned me not to hurt you or they will chase me until the edge of this world. They are scary."

"You will be a lawyer. You should not be afraid of painters' curse."

"Yeah, painters who can curse are the worst. Who knows they will paint my potrait and put curse on it? Even a very great lawyer can't do nothing about that."

"How can we talk about this?"

"You are the one who direct it."

"No, it's you, Park Chan Yeol. You are the first one who said that you wanted to change your girlfriend." 

"No, I just said that I wanted a romantic girlfriend. You are the one who said to change it. Don't deny it. Lawyers have a very good memory about their opponents' words so that they can tackle them."

"Okay. What do you want to talk about? Or you want to continue this nonsense conversation?"

"My family is here, in Korea."  My heart stops. What? His family?

"What? What did you just say?"

"My family is here. As we have promised before, I will take you to them. I want you to meet them."

"Isn't it too early? I mean, it's not like we are about to get married early or what."  I have to search another reason NOT TO SEE HIS FAMILY. 

"What? Are you the one who insist to meet them? Besides, bringing girlfriends to our house is usual for me and my brother. Before his fiancee, he brought like, five girls before. It doesn't mean you have to marry me, but I just want you to meet them."

No. This is not good.

"What about--"

"I know that tone. Don't search another reason. They are eager to meet you too. I have met your family, right? This time, you are the one who will see them. They are nice. Don't be so afraid. They will not kill or eat you."  I can imagine he is smiling now. I gulp. I can't run anymore. 

"O...okay. When should I meet them?"

 

Turns out Chan Yeol is not a patient guy (I should have figured it out. The way he confessed to me is an enough evidence). Two days after our conversation, he brings me to his family. He actually says about the condition of his cousin (Oh Se Hun) who has big problems, but I don't care about that now. My attention is to this "meeting The Park Family."

"Mom, Dad, hyung, this is Ahn Hee Joo. Hee Joo, they are my family."  I force myself to walk. I see three people, all are looking exactly like what I have imagined. 

The old man there, the only woman, and the exact copy of Chan Yeol, only with older and more responsible face are there. They are (well, only the father and the older son, actually) smile to me warmly. 

"Hello. Chan Yeol has a lot talk about you. I'm his father."

"Hi! Soo Jin has talked about you too. Let me introduce myself. My name is Park Chan Sung. I'm that brat's older brother. By the way, how's the apartment? I heard you have visited the--"

"Hyung!"  Chan Yeol shouts, and his brother is giggling. His father shakes his head, while his mother is scarier than before. I am really scared now. The lady has an eagle eye. And I bet she knows what his older son's intention. 

"And I am his mother. Can you say your name again, lady?"  God, this is the first time someone calls me "lady."

"Ahn Hee Joo, Mrs. Park. My name is Ahn Hee Joo."

"From what family are you coming from? I never heard Ahn family has a daughter. I know they have sons."  It must be the rich Ahn family. Chan Yeol suddenly looks a bit angry. 

"Mom. She is my girlfriend."

"Yeah, I'm just asking about her family. What is his father doing?"

"Honey, you don't have to say that. She is just coming. Please, sit, Hee Joo-sshi."  Thank God the father is not scary. I sit beside Chan Yeol, who looks absolutely pissed by his mother's questions to me. 

"So, Ahn Hee Joo,"  his father opens the conversation, "I heard you are an art student."

"Yes, Sir. I'm in the same class with Chan Yeol."

"You must be good at painting! I mean, Art department is hard to be entered."  His brother is complimenting me. I really have to say thank you to him. 

"Thank you."

"What is your future...plans?"  His mother is talking again. I sense she was about to ask about my future, as if what a painter can do in the future. 

I feel like she is underestimating me. 

"I just--"

"She will be a good painter. Or maybe a curator. Who knows about our future, Mom? I can't guarantee too I will be a good lawyer in the future."  Chan Yeol takes my side. His mother is silent again. She looks angry, though. 

His father fakes a cough, trying to calm the heated situation. "Well, we should serve you drinks then. What do you want?"

"It's okay, Sir. I can drink everything."

"What about tea, then?"  his brother is siding with his father. He calls the maid, and asks her to bring tea IMMEDIATELY. He really emphasis that word. 

"How's your family then?"

"I have a father, a mother, and a younger brother."

"How nice!"  his father is really a nice person, "what is his job? I mean your father?"  Even though the question is same with his mother's earlier, it feels like he is genuinely asking. 

"He works as an employer in XX company."

"That is one of my in-laws' company."  Suddenly, his mother is talking again, "he works for my brother's family."

"MOM!"  Chan Yeol shouts again. He is really angry. I hold his hand. 

"What? I say the truth. His father is working as one of my brother's family's employee. How about your mother, miss?"

"She....is...a housewife."

"Where do you live?"

"I'm--"

"Whatever. I bet she is not living in Gangnam."  

"MOM! WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?"

"I think you will be clever to search a girl, Chan Yeol! She is just a girl! Not those--"

"What those? Those rich girls?"

"You know our family."

"And our stupid rule."

"At least your brother can find more suitable girl for become Mrs. Park."

"I'm not intending to--"

"Marry him? I know your intention, Miss Han, Ahn, or whatever your name is."  God, it hurts so much. "You want to chase a higher status. You want Chan Yeol, my son to bring you to luxurious world. I heard that he has spent much money for you. That is what you want, and you want more, right?"

"MOM!"

"HONEY!"  Three men in the room are shouting. I turn my head. This is what I'm afraid of. 

"Whatever. I don't want to see her again. She plays her card now, Channie. She plays as a vulnerable girl. Later, when she has you completely, she will use you to get the wealth that she wants. I want to sleep now."  And she walks off. His father is saying sorry to me, and later chasing his wife. Chan Yeol looks really angry, and wants to chase his mother as well. Chan Sung prevents him. 

"Hey, calm down. Mom is always like that."

"But--"

"I will take her to her home, and you can confront him after we are out from this house, got it?"  Chan Sung says. 

"No. I have to yell at her."

"Yes, but not in front of her. She is about to cry. You should comfort her first. I'll prepare my car, okay?"  And I'm really crying. It hurts so much. I never imagined that she will be so cruel. I know I will not be accepted easily, but still...it hurts. 

"Hey baby, don't cry."  Note: this is the first time he calls me baby, "I can fix it. Don't worry. I'm sorry about my mom's attitude. I never thought that she will be that rude to you."  He hugs me, while I can't stop my tears. I know he is not the fault, but I hit him to release my anger.

"You! This is your fault! I said earlier I don't need to see your family!"  He keeps hugging me.

"Yeah, hit me. At least it makes you more relaxed."

"Hey, the car is ready."  Chan Sung is there. 

"My brother will deliver you to your home. I have to talk to my mom first, okay?"  I nod, "please don't cry, my Tinkerbell. My lovely Tinkerbell."

 

Even I want to cry while writing this....the wicked mother is always the drama that makes me sad.....

thank you for waiting and reading. Since it's a long chapter, I will not update more. Maybe tommorow (since this is a long holiday) I will update this story. 

I HATE HIS MOTHER! (even the author is hating her own character)