My First Date with Peter Pan

Can I be Your Tinkerbell?

I don't really have to tell you anything, right? I mean, you have heard the man. We are dating!

Okay, take a deep breath, Hee Joo-ah. Take a deep breath. 

And now he is asking me on a date. 

Yep, a date. 

He asked me to go to dinner with him. 

Pretty much exciting? Yeah. Hell yeah. 

But I asked him, where would we go and he said, a nice restaurant. 

Oh My God. I need clothes. A nice clothes. Right now. 

So I ran to my two best friends whom I thought would have a very good dress or gown or anything to look good. 

Min Jung: "Well, you can wear one of my clothes. You can come over to my house and ask him to pick you up there. I mean, he knows my place right?"

Jin Joo: "I have some. Would you like to try it in my house?"

The choice: I DON'T KNOW. My best friends are giving their help and I don't know who to choose. I mean, they are okay if I choose one of them, but I don't know the best. Min Jung is quite the perfect girl about clothes and jeweleries. But Jin Joo knows me better than her. I don't know. I don't kno who to choose. 

"What's with the bad face?"  Wait, I know that voice. I turns my head back and I see Byun Baek Hyun is at the back of me. He finally remembers me now, after Chan Yeol introduced me to him. He was smiling so big at that time and said, "Good Lord, Channie! You finally have a girlfriend that is worth!"  I wonder why he taked like that. I know Chan Yeol has been linked to some girls, but his statement is quite bothering me. 

"Hi there, Baek Hyun-sshi."

"I heard Channie asks you on the date."  Oh well, best friends always know first. 

"Yes, he asks me."

"And why are you looking sad? You should be happy, if I have to predict."

"Baekkie!"  Someone calls him. I turns my head again, and see a guy. I am quite familiar with him but I forget who or where or when I saw him. 

"Jongie! Here!"  

"Hi, sorry I'm late. We have to practice more, right? Oh hello there. Your new one?" 

"No. She's Channie's girlfriend."  The guy's eyes are getting bigger. He suddenly sit beside me. Now I'm in the middle of these two guys. 

"Really? He never told me!"

"They have a weird agreement. This lovely girl asked Channie not to introduce her first to his friends and families. I guess Channie told me because I knew her before she became his girlfriend."  Yeah. Remember about Sun Mi? Chan Yeol thinks that counts as Baek Hyun knows me. About the agreement, I just don't feel quite ready to meet all of his family. Thankfully, he understands that and promises me not to tell everyone. Well, the talkative one here is not him, definitely. 

"Wow. Congratulations then. So how do you know Chan Yeol? I mean, you are not coming from Law faculty, I suppose?"  I nod. 

"She is from Art department. Her name is Ahn Hee Joo." 

"Hi, nice to meet you."

"Hi, nice to meet you too. My name is Kim Jong Dae. You can call me Jong Dae."  He smiles again to me. He has this playful smile, as same as Baek Hyun here. Maybe that is the reason they have become friends. 

"So, what's with the face? I thought you like  the idea."

"Yeah. By the way, what's the idea?"  Both of us roll our eyes to Jong Dae. 

"Ignore him. He is always the dumbest among us."

"I can hear that!"

"They are about to date, Jongie! The idea is about their date. And by the way, I forgot, she is THE TINKERBELL."

"What? You are the.....God, he is so blessed. I thought the Tinkerbel will be a....." He stops his words. I know what he is about to say, so I smile to him, "yeah, fine. It's okay, Jong Dae-sshi."

"So, what's the problem?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I don't know what to do. I mean, he will take me to fancy restaurant, right? A very luxurious and grand dinner, am I right?"  Both of them nod, "he is taught by his older brother to do that to his girlfriend."

"That is what I'm afraid of. What should I do?"  

"We will help you."

"Yeah. We know a girl who can be your fairy....well you are the fairy so--"

"Cut it out. Who is it we talk about?"

"His sister-in-law to be. Kang Soo Jin noona."

"What?"

 

I just know now. I thought I know many things about him but I am wrong. I don't know his brother has a fiancee. 

"Noona! Noona! Where are you?"  Baek Hyun's voice is around the workplace. Gosh, if I were this noona, I would be very embarrased. 

"Baekkie! Long time no see!"  A girl, well, a woman, with a worksuit approaches us. She has bob hair-cut, which giving vibe of a very succesful career woman. She hugs Baek Hyun, and smiles warmly to Jong Dae, "and you too! Where is Yeol?"

"Well, he is not here, but we bring his girlfriend."  Her eyes wide. 

"Really? Hello there. My name is Kang Soo Jin. Maybe these kids have told you, but I will say to you. I'm Park Chan Sung's fiancee, Chan Yeol's brother, for your information."  She winks at me. She is such a warm person. 

"Hi. My name is Ahn Hee Joo, nice to see you too."

"So, what brings you here?"

"We think you can turn her into Cinderella for this night."

"They have their first date, and you know Channie's style is not far from your fiancee, noona."  She smiles. 

"But I guess she should be herself. After all, Yeol dates you because you are you, right?"

"Yeah, but I think I need--"

"Another self-esteem? We can work on that. Come on, I can skip my work today. As if the boss will get angry."

"He can get angry."

"Yeah, for the record, he is my father. He can get angry to me anytime but I'm so getting used to it."  She smiles again, and grab my arms, forcing me walking out from the hall with her and those two boys behind us. 

 

So here we are. Baek Hyun promises Chan Yeol to bring me to him. He, of course, gets confused, but later he understands when Soo Jin-sshi is explaining to him. 

"There he is. Please be careful with the dress."

"Make sure too, he doesn't bring a knife."  A knife?

"Knife? What for?"

"See how tight your dress maybe he want to rip it out after the date."  Oh My God, they are teasing me! My face must be blushing now, because they are giggling naughtily. I get out from Baek Hyun's car, and approach Chan Yeol. He is so handsome with black shirt and black trousers. Simple, but still a breathtaking one. 

"Hi there."

"Hi, wow! You look....."  he hesitates for a moment, I don't know why, maybe the dress is too tight? "beautiful. You are really beautiful."  

I blush again, I know. 

"So, shall we go?"

"Okay."  He opens his car's door for me. I sit down there, and notice that the skirt is a bit short. No wonder Baek Hyun and Jong Dae were teasing me. I was sitting at the back when I was in Baek Hyun's car so they probably don't really take any care of it. But right now, I sit beside him. I don't know what to cover my thigh. 

"Ready?"  He smiles to me. Thank God he doesn't notice the skirt! He still is looking innocent. Maybe I think too much. I smiles back to him, "yes."