Chapter 9

I Love You Roommate

“I see you are spending more time with Baekhyun?” Jongdae asked Haeun when she got into the music club room.

“What?” She asked and looked at Jongdae.

“I saw the picture, Baekhyun trolled you huh? I taught him that.” Jongdae said and Haeun rolled her eyes.

“Stop teaching nonsense to Baekhyun.” She said and gave Jongdae a punch.

“Oww stop hitting me!”” He said.

“Hey guys!” Baekhyun walked in to the room. “Why are we here again?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Kris hyung sent me a text saying to meet here.” Jongdae said.

“Yeah, I got one too.” Haeun said.

“Everyone got one.” Minseok said and sat down.

“Since when were you here?” Baekhyun asked, he got a scare when he suddenly walked in.

“I just got here.” He said and smiled. “Jongdae can you be a dear and get me some water?” He asked.

Jongdae mumbled something and Minseok glared at him.

“Say that again?”

“Nothing!” Jongdae said and ran off to get some water for Minseok. “I hope you choke and die.” He said and Minseok stepped on his foot.

He was jumping around, holding his foot when Kris walked in, shocked to see Jongdae jumping around.

“Hey hyung! Where’s Yixing hyung?” Baekhyun asked, glancing around.

“He’ll be here in a while. Jongdae, what are you doing dancing around?” He asked and Haeun laughed.

“He was trying to be the dancing machine.” Haeun said while laughing and earned a glare form Jongdae.

“Sorry I’m late!” Yixing came running in. “Got stuck in the bathroom, the lines were too long!” He said and everyone laughed.

“Anyway… Let’s have a seat first.” Kris said and they sit around the rectangle table they had in the room.

“We are having our annual club vacation!” Kris said and everyone stared at him.

“What?” Minseok looked at him. “We didn’t have that last year.” He said.

“I am the new President of this club, so new rules.” Kris said.

“Yay!” Jongdae was already jumping around the room.

“What?” Baekhyun and Haeun looked at each other.

“Tell them the location.” Yixing said and nudge Kris.

“Okay,okay, settle down…” Kris said and cleared his throat. “After much discussion, we’ve decided that we’re going to….. ENGLAND!” He said and Haeun’s jaw dropped open.

“Why England?” She asked.

“Well you see, we did think this through and we thought that you could be our guide and you’re fluent in English.” Yixing explained.

“But why would I want to go on a trip back to my home?” Haeun asked. She was expecting somewhere more tropical, somewhere warmer like Malaysia, or maybe Thailand. England is way too cold now.

“Don’t you miss your brother?” Baekhyun asked.

Haeun sighed. “I miss him but I could always call him or go on video call with him.”

“Hey chill, we’re not going now. We’re going… On Christmas!” Kris said.

“You are going back and celebrate Christmas right?” Minseok asked.

“Well, I am…”

“And that settles it! England is it! Meeting, end!” Kris said and stood up.

“Wait, what?” Haeun was still dazed over everything.

“Well, guess you’ll still have to tell your brother about your roommate.” Baekhyun said.

“That’s the thing that I am scared of.” Haeun said.

“He’ll understand.” Baekhyun said and smiled, revealing the cutest eye smile Haeun had ever seen.

“You don’t know my brother…” Haeun sighed.

“Aren’t you supposed to be with Jay now?” Baekhyun asked. He realized the awkwardness between the two and he was itching to know what happened yesterday.

“Well he did ask to go to the library, but I refused.” Haeun said.

“Why?” Baekhyun looked at her.

“Because… I feel like it.” She said and Baekhyun tilted his head.

“You’re weird.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” She said and walked out the music room.

She had been avoiding Jay as much as she can. And during classes, Baekhyun would have to sit between them and he could feel the awkwardness building up. He couldn’t really converse in English and that make him go completely awkward with Jay. He would just turn and smiled at him and turn back to talk with Haeun.

“You’re making me awkward with him here.” He said and nudge Haeun.

 “Well then just ignore him then.” Haeun said, not looking up from her notes.

Baekhyun pouted and stare at what Haeun is doing. As usual, she’s writing down notes that might be needed later.


Baekhyun was walking back to the dorm. Haeun said that she had something she needed to do so he had to go back alone. He walked back while humming to his favorite song and when he was about to reach the dorm building, he was stopped by Jay.

“Umm hey…” Jay said to Baekhyun blinked.

“Uhh… Hi.” Baekhyun didn’t know what to say.

“Can I have a talk with you?” Jay asked with his broken Korean.

“Sure… What is it?” Baekhyun asked.

“Do you like Haeun?” Jay asked.

“What?” Baekhyun looked at Jay.

“Do you like her?” Jay asked again.

“Of course, I mean, she’s nice, everyone likes her.” Baekhyun said.

“No, not that kind of like. I mean, do you have a crush on her.” He asked.

“Why is your Korean so good?” Baekhyun cursed under his breath.

“Huh?”

“Nothing… Why do you ask?”

“She is avoiding me nowadays.” Jay said and sighed.

“What did you guys talk about the other day?” Baekhyun asked.

“It’s nothing… If you see her later can you tell her to meet me at the library?”

“Okay… I will…” Baekhyun said.

“I’m sorry if I bothered you.” Jay said and walked away.

“That’s weird.” Baekhyun said while scratching the back of his head.

He secretly didn’t want Haeun to meet with Jay in the library. He was hesitating whether to pass Jay’s message or to just ignore it.

“I’m back.” The door slam shut and Haeun immediately went towards Baekhyun’s bed and flopped on it.

“That’s my bed.” Baekhyun said and kick the bed.

“Let me lie down for a while, I’m tired.” She said and nuzzles her head into Baekhyun’s pillow. She inhales and she can smell Baekhyun’s scent on the pillow. She actually likes the faint coffee extract shampoo scent that Baekhyun uses.

“Hey… Uhh…” Baekhyun wanted to pass the message but he hesitated.

“What?” Haeun asked.

“Umm… Jay wanted you to meet him at the library.” Baekhyun said.

Haeun kept quiet. She didn’t even move a muscle.

“Hey.” Baekhyun gave her a poke.

“Do you want me to go?” She asked suddenly.

“Wha? Umm it might be important so why not you just go…?” Baekhyun said and Haeun sighed. “Well if you don’t want to, then don’t go.” Baekhyun added.

Haeun rummaged through her bag and pulls out her phone. She tossed it to Baekhyun and he caught it.

“What’s this for?” He asked.

“Text him, tell him I feel asleep in the dorm the moment I got back.” She said and slams her face into Baekhyun’s pillow.

Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle. He sends the text message and tossed the phone back to Haeun.

“Let’s go eat something.” He said and Haeun immediately sits up.

“No more jampong though.” She said and Baekhyun laughed.