Chapter 19

I Love You Roommate

“You’re still not talking huh?” Jongdae asked while staring at Haeun.

Haeun kept quiet and stares out of the window with Bacon sleeping on her lap. Jongdae looks at her and sighed. He stood up and walked towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Haeun grabbed his hand and asked.

“I’m going to look for Byun Baekhyun and make him explain about this.” Jongdae said.

“It’s no use.” Haeun said and puts Bacon gently on the chair. “He didn’t even call or text me.”

“He didn’t?” Jongdae asked. “What is wrong with that guy?”

Haeun looked down and stares at the floor. “Thanks for letting me stay here Jongdae…”

“Haeun….” Jongdae felt sorry for her. “Can you tell me what happened between you two?”

Haeun kept quiet for a while. “We’re done.” She said.

“Done? What do you mean by done?” Jongdae asked. “Don’t tell me… You guys broke up…?”

“I don’t know.” Haeun said. “But it seems like it.”

“No…” Jongdae said and sat down beside Haeun. “But I ship you guys so hard!”

Haeun gave him a weak smile. “At least classes haven’t started yet so I don’t have to meet him.”

“Do you hate him now?” Jongdae asked.

Haeun shook her head and Jongdae looked at her, with one eyebrow raised to indicate ‘are you sure?’

“Well… Maybe a little bit.”

“I think this was just all a big misunderstanding Haeun.” Jongdae said. “We’ll go see him and figure things out. We ca-…”

Jongdae shuts up as soon as he saw Haeun crying again. He hate to see her cry, she was his best friend and the only person who would prank Baekhyun with him. Jongdae pulls her into a hug and let her cry on his shoulders. He pats her head gently and sang the songs that Haeun liked. She always told him that he has a beautiful voice and she liked it very much.

“It’ll be fine.” Jongdae said. “Everything will be fine.”

“Jongdae… How could you…” The both of them heard a voice and look up.

“I thought you’re my friend…” Baekhyun said with a sad expression on his face.

“Baekhyun… It’s not what you think.” Jongdae said while pushing Haeun away gently.

“You were here all this while?” Baekhyun asked Haeun.

Haeun ignore his question and continues patting Bacon’s head.

“3 nights you were gone… And you were staying here, with my best friend?” Baekhyun asked. “How could you?”

“Jongdae said it’s not what you think it is.” Haeun said. “You always do this! You always assume things by yourself without… without thinking!”

“I was worried about you!” Baekhyun said. “For three nights I couldn’t sleep, thinking of you!”

“Then why didn’t you call…?” Haeun asked with a weak voice. “Not even a single ing text!” She said and ran out of the room. This is the second time she turn her back against Baekhyun.

“You…” Jongdae looked at Baekhyun. “Aren’t you going to chase her?”

“What’s the use?” Baekhyun asked.

Jongdae couldn’t keep it in any longer. He grabbed Baekhyun’s collar and gave him a punch on his face.

“That girl loved you!” He said. “She had been crying for the past three days and you? What did you do to her? Did you even try to look for her? Huh?” Jongdae asked.

“What about me?” Baekhyun asked. “You know I can’t do anything!”

And he received another punch from Jongdae.

“.” Jongdae said and ran out to look for Haeun.

Baekhyun was stunned. His best friend just punched him in the face, twice. And his girlfriend just ran off. Even Bacon was hiding from him.

“Even you hate me now don’t you?” Baekhyun said to Bacon. “Yeah, I’m an .”

“Haeun ah!” Jongdae shouted as he searched for Haeun around the dorm. “Haeun!”

He stopped. Haeun was sitting on the bottom of the stairs, staring into blank.  He walked towards her and stopped, Baekhyun was walking towards her from the other direction. He kneeled down on one knee and held Haeun’s hands.

“Hey…” He said. “I’m sorry.”

Haeun turns and looked at him. “Sorry…?”

“It’s all my fault… I didn’t tell you about anything and I misunderstood you… I am sorry and I really don’t want to lose you! I know I have been acting like an idiot and I felt stupid for acting that way.”

Haeun kept quiet and kept staring at Baekhyun. His eyes were already filling with tears. She raised her hand and wiped away his tears that were starting to roll down on his cheek.  

“Haeun…”

“Shh…” Haeun placed her finger on Baekhyun’s lips and she lean down to kiss him.

Jongdae smiled. Well, at least the two of them are back to normal. He turned around, ready to walk back to his room only to stop after a few steps. “You…” He whispered to himself.

Jodie was there, holding her phone, texting someone. She seemed angry about something. Jongdae now understands why is Baekhyun acting so weird. It’s all because of her.

“So, it’s you.” Jongdae said and snatches away her phone. “You’re the one causing so much trouble.”

“Give it back!” She said and tries to stomp on Jongdae’s foot. But she missed.

“You think I would still be that dumb to let you do that after all these years?” Jongdae asked.

“I hate you!” Jodie screamed and threw a tantrum.

“Stop it.” Jongdae said. “People are looking at us!”

“You deserve it you big bully!” Jodie said and began hitting Jongdae.

“That’s it.” Jongdae said and pulled Jodie by the arm and walked away.

He pulled her to the school fountain and sat her down at the bench. He stares at her and she looked away.

“What?” She asked.

“Why are you doing this?” Jongdae asked. “Why are you always around, ruining other peoples’ lives? Is this what you do in your free time? Is this your part time job?”

Jodie stared at him and blinked. “What did I do?” She asked.

Jongdae clenched his fist. He leaned down close to her and stares into her eyes.

“You made me lose my job at the café two years ago, and you lost Baekhyun’s phone twice. Not to mention you insulted Yixing hyung’s cooking, Xiumin hyung’s weight and laughed at Kris hyung’s clumsiness, not only did you humiliate all of us in front of the teachers once, but you have almost killed Baekhyun.”

Jodie’s eyes widen. “I almost killed Baekhyun oppa…?”

“Didn’t you know? After you made him broke up with his first girlfriend, she committed suicide. Baekhyun wanted to go with her, but luckily me and Xiumin hyung found him before he could jump off the 15 floor building.”

“But that was 7 years ago….”

“We never forget that Jodie… NEVER.” Jongdae said and turn away.

“I’m sorry!” Jodie shouted. “I’m sorry okay!” She shouted as tears began filling her eyes.

“Maybe you should have apologized 7 years ago.” Jongdae said coldly and he wanted to walk away. But he couldn’t. He couldn’t possibly leave a girl alone here, crying.

“I just wanted attention, I just wanted love…” She said while sniffing.

Jongdae turned and looked at her. He walked towards her and sat down beside her.

“My parents… All they have is money and fame, they never have time for me.” She said while staring at the ground. “And then Baekhyun oppa came, he was nice to me, he played with me when we were little. He comforts me when I failed my piano tests, he brings me out for ice creams during the weekends…”

“If you loved him, why didn’t you tell him?”

“I did. But he only treated me as a cousin… He said that I will always be his baby cousin. I don’t want that! I want Baekhyun oppa to love me as a woman, not as a cousin!”

Jongdae looks at her. He felt pity for her for once. He pats her back and sighs. “But he still loves you, you know that right?”

“No, he hates me. He will never love me.” Jodie said while wiping away her tears.

“You are family to him… The Baekhyun I know never hates families.” Jongdae said. “He will forgive you, I’m sure he would.”

“You really think so?” She asked and sniffed.

“Hey, it’s better than love as family than no love at all right?” Jongdae asked and smiled.

Jodie looked at him and nods. “So, that’s why they say that when you love someone, you have to learn to let go.”

“Exactly.”

“That’s it.” Jodie said and stood up. “I am going to apologize to Baekhyun oppa and to Haeun unnie.”

“It’s best to not go bother them now.” Jongdae said and pulled her back. “They are quite busy at the moment.”

“Oh, oh I see…” She looks confused and sat down.

“Anyway, you should apologize to everyone including me.”

“Geez, I know, I know.” Jodie said. “I’m sorry…”

Jongdae smiled. She is quite cute at some times.

“I know, I’ll treat everyone at a fancy restaurant. I’ve got to go make invitations, see you later!” She said and ran off.

“What…?” Jongdae looks confused and shrugged.

“Jongdae… I have something to say.” Baekhyun suddenly appeared in front of him.

“Whoa you scared the out of me.” Jongdae said. “What is it?” He asked.

“I’m sorry for ever doubting you, you are my best friend… I should have never doubted you.” Baekhyun said while looking down.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. We’re best buds. We forgive each other bulls, remember?” Jongdae said and gave him a friendly punch.

Baekhyun smiled. “Yeah, we do.”

“Anyway, the person you have to really apologize is Haeun. You really shouldn’t have doubted her. I mean, she loves you with all her heart.”

“Yeah… I know.” Baekhyun said and sat down. “I’ve apologized and she forgave me really quickly…” He added. “But I know she is still mad at me.”

“Then do something for her, do something nice, something romantic for her.”

“You’re right.” Baekhyun said and smiled.

“Oh yeah, Jodie wanted to apologized to all of us, including Haeun.”

“WHAT?” Baekhyun looked at him with his eyes widen. “NO WAY.”

“She says she wanted to treat us all so…”

“I’m not sure about that.”

“Come on, give the girl a chance…” Jongdae said.

“She is my baby cousin after all.” Baekhyun said and sighs. 


Guys! I'm back! I'm really sorry like really really really sorry! After my graduation, I have been busy with college and stuff. 

Looking for colleges and courses are the toughest decision ever!!!

Btw I am going to Singapore this 27th of March! Any Singaporeans here? Wanna meet up? xD

Follow me on twitter or instagram to "stalk" me!

Twitter: @kailee_exo

Instagram: @kailee.exocytosises