Chapter 1

I Love You Roommate

Stupid brother, waking up late and almost made me miss my flight. He didn’t even offered to bring me here to the airport, if I didn’t ask him to drive me here he would except me to take a taxi or something. Stupid Park Chanyeol, he didn’t even offer to back here with me for a week. Damn it Park Chanyeol, if I’m not your sister, I’m sure to hunt you down and stuff your mouth with steamed buns.

I shouldn’t be complaining that much, that brother of mine has been in my life for the past 19 years. After our parents died in a plane crash 13 years ago, my aunt brought us to London and took care of us. The hardest thing is the language barrier; I was no good when it comes to English. But luckily Chanyeol’s English skills were far better than mine and I managed to survive there.

And now, I am back in Korea, attending a university here. I have begged Chanyeol for almost 6 months to come back here to attend the university here.

“Yeollie oppa~”

“Park Haeun, I said no.” He said without looking up from his laptop.

“How do you know what I was about to say?” I asked.

“I’m your brother. I’ve known you since you’re born, of course I know you.” He replied.

“Oppa, please! I really want to go back to Korea and study there.” I said.

“No. No way am I letting you go there.” He said, eyes still glued to the screen.

“Park Chanyeol.” I said.

“Park Haeun.” He said back.

“Please… I promise I won’t do anything bad there. I promise I’ll be good.” I said.

“Why do you want to go there? Isn’t the education here good enough?” He asked, shutting his laptop with a bump.

“Because I like Korea. It’s our home.” I replied.

“Whatever.” He said and stood up, and walked towards the garden.

Our Aunt Isabelle takes care of us. She’s married to a rich business man-Uncle Roy and living the life now. Even though she’s rich now, she is still the kind, warm, and wise Aunt Isabelle we knew when we were kids. Uncle Roy even bought a cottage for the two of us. Imagine living with Chanyeol oppa alone 24/7, terrible. He might look neat and clean on the outside, but it is just the wrapper. Oppa is clumsy, and he never tidy up his room. He loses his things often and most likely forgets where he had placed his things.

“Why don’t you go there with me?” I asked.

“I’m studying here Haeun.” He said. “I don’t want to transfer halfway and change everything from English to complete Korean.”

Don’t get us wrong, we speak completely perfect Korean, write perfect Korean and know everything about the Korean cultures. Aunt Isabelle has insisted we learned all those because she said before, it’s our roots.

“But why don’t you let me go? I want to go back.” I said. “Besides, mum and dad are still there.” I said in a small voice.

Oppa freezes. He turned and looked at me, sighs and turned back.

“It’s not that I don’t want to let you go there. I’m worried about you Haeun ah.” He said.

“I am 19 this year oppa, I can take care of myself.” I said.

“No, still no.”

“You’re the one that always makes people worry.” I said.

“Are the two of you fighting again?” I heard Aunt Isabelle’s voice coming from the front, followed by the sound of the door shutting.

“Auntie you’re here.” I said and hugged her hand.

“Chanyeol ah, you’re already 21 and still fighting with your sister?” She said.

“It’s not me, it’s her.” He said.

“What is it this time?” Uncle Roy asked.

“Haeun wants to go back to Korean and study there, but I disagree.” Chanyeol oppa said.

“Why do you want to go?” Aunt Isabelle asked and looked at me.

“I just feel like it. I want to go back there. I missed Korea.” I said, pouting.

“If she really wants it then just let her go. She’ll be back in 3 years’ time, besides, there are breaks every now and then right Haeun?” Uncle Roy said.

“Yeah, yeah.” I’m glad that Uncle Roy is on my side.

“But…”

“Chanyeol ah, Haeun is not a little girl anymore, you should let her go have her own adventure.” Yes! Aunt Isabelle is on my side too.

“I know… But… Sigh… You win this time Park Haeun.” Chanyeol oppa looked sad.

“Okay now that this is settled, I’ll go make us some nice tea, see?” Aunt Isabelle said and went to the kitchen.

Uncle Roy just sat down on the sofa and starts reading the newspaper.

“Oppa, are you okay?” I asked.

“I’m fine. My little sister is all grown up.” He said and ruffled my hair.

“Oppa.”

And there, here I am. I did all the applications myself, ticketing and even found a dorm to live in. The only thing that bothered me is who will be my roommate? I sure hope is someone that I’ll like and not someone untidy like Chanyeol oppa.

I looked at my watch, damn it. I’m almost late. I pulled my baggage and ran to hail a taxi.

“Where to?”

“University of Seoul please.” And there, the start of a new adventure.


“Park Haeun ssi?”

“Yes.”

“Your room number is 365, here’s your key and you’ll be sharing the room with another student here.” The receptionist said.

“Thank you.” I said and ran off to my room. I was too excited till I bumped into someone.

“Yah, don’t you have eyes?” He asked.

“Sorry! Here let me help you.” I said, picking up his document files.

He looked at me and went off without saying anything.

“Gee, what a rude fella.” I said and continue heading to my room.

Wow, so this is how university dorm feels like. The interior designs are sweet and modern. It’s totally different from my room back in London.

 (Like this.)

“I’ll choose the top bunk!” I said to myself and started climbing up the stairs.

“What are you doing in here?” I heard someone asked. I looked down.

No way. It’s that guy that I had bumped into just now.

“What are you doing here then?” I asked him back.

“This is my room. Of course I’ll be here.” He said.

“Wait, what?” I looked at him, ran outside and look at the room number. 365, yeah it’s my room.

“Are you sure?” I asked him again and he showed me the keys. “Oh no.”

“Now you, are you sure you’re in the right room?” He asked me back.

I nodded and show him my keys too.

“This has to be some big mistake.” He said and sat down. “I can’t share a room with a girl!”

“Me too, I can’t share it with a guy!”

“It’s my room so you get out.” He said.

“Excuse me. I got here first.” I said.

“Doesn’t matter, it’s mine.” He said.

“Fine, let’s go set things straight.” I said and the two of us marched up to the reception.

“Why am I sharing a room with her?” “Why am I sharing a room with him?” We asked at the same time.

“I’m sorry, let me check again.” The reception said.

“Park Haeun, oh my, there seems to be something wrong with the system and your name is in the guys’ section.” She said.

“What? Oh crap.” I said. “Is the any other rooms available?”

“I’m afraid not. All the rooms are full and the new dorm is not being built until next year. The project starts the next autumn you know.” She replied.

“So I have to live with him? He’s a guy!” I said, pointing at the guy.

“Hey, I have to live with her?” He said back.

“I’m afraid so. I’m terribly sorry.” She said and bowed.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault.” I said and look at that guy.

“Come on, let’s go back.” He said and I just follow him back.

We went back in and shut the door. Both having gloomy expression.

“So umm, what’s your name?” He asked, blushing. Guess it’s kinda embarrassing to live with a stranger.

“Park Haeun, you?” I asked.

“Byun Baekhyun.” He said and we kept quiet.

“So, let’s set things straight. Number 1, shower, I’ll let you shower first everytime and I’ll go out when you want to take a shower okay? And number 2, don’t leave your girl stuff around like under wears or you know… Girl stuff.” He said, blushing even harder.

“I know all that! And you too, don’t go leaving guys stuff all over the place like or anything like that.” I said.

“I don’t have them!” He said and we both fell into awkward silence.

Oh my god, I have to live with him for 2 years? That’s a bit impossible to even think of. Chanyeol oppa, help me!