Chapter 18

I Love You Roommate

“You’ve got your passports, everything?” Aunt Isabelle asked Haeun.

“Yup. All packed and ready to go.”

“We’ll miss you.” Uncle Roy said and gave Haeun a hug.

“You know all of you are always welcomed.” Aunt Isabelle said.

“Oppa, you better get a girlfriend you know. Karen’s not a bad choice though.” Haeun said and nudges Chanyeol.

Chanyeol blushed. “Shut up you.” He said. “Be safe okay. And if Baekhyun bullies you…”

“I know I know, tell you. So you can bash him up.” Haeun said and laughed. “Don’t worry, he won’t.”

“Thanks for having us at your place.” Kris said to Uncle Roy.

“Yeah, and thanks for sending us all the way to the airport too.” Baekhyun said.

“You’re welcome. Remember to come over often.” Uncle Roy said with a smile. He really likes those boys.

“We’ll be going now.” Haeun said and bowed. The others followed her too.

“We’ll be back soon.” Baekhyun said when they entered the taxi. “I promise.”

Haeun smiled. Baekhyun sure know how to cheer her up.

They got on the plane and all of them fell asleep almost immediately. Haeun was up the first few hours, looking out the plane window and smiling. This is exactly the same feeling when she first went to Korea alone. Except this time, she got friends with her.

“Finally, home sweet home baby!” Baekhyun said while flopping onto the bed.

“Don’t you mean dorm sweet dorm?” Haeun asked and puts Bacon down on the floor. “Who’s a good boy? You’re a good boy!” She said and pats Bacon’s head.

“Hey.” Baekhyun pouted and stares at Haeun. “Pay some attention to me too…”

Haeun laughed. “You’re actually jealous over Bacon?” She asked. “Look Bacon, daddy’s jealous.”

“Daddy?” Baekhyun looked at Haeun.

“Bacon is our son.” Haeun said and chuckle. “See Bacon, it’s daddy.” She said and puts Bacon on Baekhyun’s lap. “Take care of him while I shower.”

Baekhyun was still blushing over Haeun saying that Bacon is their son. He was patting at Bacon’s head and playing with him and he didn’t even realize the front door opening.

“OPPA!” Someone shouted and Bacon began barking at the stranger. Baekhyun jumped and looked up. Oh no.

“Jodie, you have to stop entering my dorm rooms like it’s your house.” Baekhyun said. “It’s the boys’ dorm for god’s sake.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Jodie said and looked at Bacon. “I do this every year since you were in high school.”

Baekhyun sighed. He had completely forgot that Haeun is still in the bathroom and he also forgot to tell Jodie that he is currently sharing a room with his girlfriend.

“Since when did you get a puppy?” She asked, squatting down to pet Bacon, but he just walked away without even her hand.

“It’s my girl…..” Baekhyun shut his mouth.

“Huh?”

“It’s my roommate’s.” Baekhyun said.

“You have a roommate?” Jodie asked. “I thought every year you would ask to be in a room alone.”

“Now that’s none of business eh?” Baekhyun said and went over to the bathroom. He knocked and the door and Haeun opened it slightly.

“She’s here?” Haeun asked while whispering.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun said. “Just don’t come out till I shoo her out.”

Haeun just nods her head.

“Yeah, I have a roommate.” Baekhyun said and nods. “And he’s mean and huge. He plays football so you better be gone before he comes out of that bathroom.”

“Come on.” Jodie said. “Who would hurt a girl like me?”

“He would.” Baekhyun said and tried to push Jodie out. “Now out you go!”

“Wait!” She stopped at the door. “Where am I supposed to go?”

“I don’t know.” Baekhyun said. “Go stay at a hotel, a motel, go rent a house or something.”

“You can’t just leave me alone out here.”

“Yes I can.” Baekhyun said and close the door. “Oh, and have a Happy New Year.” He added.

Jodie was lost for words. Her cousin has never treated her like this before. There was something weird about his so called ‘roommate’ though.

“Is she gone?” Haeun asked, stepping out of the bathroom.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun said. “She’s gone.”

“Is she going to be alright by herself?” Haeun asked. The idea of a girl walking alone at night scares her.

“She’ll be fine.” Baekhyun said. “She took up martial arts when she was younger.”

“With you?” Haeun asked, remembering that Baekhyun had once told her about Hapkido.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun nods. “Aww poor Bacon. Did the mean girly scare you?” He said while pulling out Bacon from under the bed.

“Looks like someone bonded with Bacon.”

“He’s my son and so your name is Byun Bacon.” Baekhyun said and rubs Bacon’s tummy.

Haeun smiled. It’s nice seeing this side of Baekhyun. She sat down beside Baekhyun and the two of them began playing with Bacon. Just as the two of them were about to kiss, the door slams open and Jodie walks in.

“I knew it.” She said while glaring at Haeun. “Who is she?”

“Jodie I thought I said…”

“WHO IS SHE?” She asked in a louder voice.

“My roommate!” Baekhyun said.

“How could you lie to me?” Jodie said. “And how is she your roommate if this is the boys’ dorm huh?”

“Jodie.” Baekhyun said and grabbed her arms. “Calm down.”

“Aren’t we getting married?” She suddenly asked and Baekhyun lets go of her.

“Whoa whoa whoa….” He said and took a few steps back. “MARRIED?”

Haeun stares at the both of them.

“What? How?” Baekhyun asked.

“Your mother and my mother had agreed to this.” Jodie said. “It was an arranged marriage!”

“No, no, no…” Baekhyun said and sat down on the chair. “You’re lying.”

“If I’m lying, try calling your mother.” She said and looks at Baekhyun. “Call her. Call her I said!”

Baekhyun took his phone and called his mother.

“Baekhyun! Finally you called! Is Jodie with you?”

“Mother, about the marriage…”

“So she told you about it. Yes, you guys are getting married next year.”

“MOTHER!” Baekhyun shouted. “How could you?”

“You know perfectly why I did it.”

“You can’t do this to me…” Baekhyun said with a weaker tone.

“I am your mother and so I can.” She said. “If you nothing else to say, I’m hanging up.”

“See… I never lie.” Jodie said and smirks. “Now, I think someone should leave this room and leave us alone…” She said and looks at Haeun.

“Hey, this is my room too!” Haeun said.

“Haeun… Just, don’t.” Baekhyun said.

Haeun was shocked, why is Baekhyun not defending her?

“Baekhyun… This is my room too…”

“Just cut it off okay?” Baekhyun said with his voice raised. He didn’t even know why was he so angry but he was. He felt guilty immediately after talking to Haeun like this.

Haeun couldn’t take all this in. Tears were already forming in her eyes and she didn’t want them to see her cry. She quickly grabbed Bacon and ran outside.

“Haeun!”

“Oppa! If you go after her I will tell ahjumma.” Jodie said and grabbed his arm.  “You know what is she capable of doing, don’t you?”


Haeun ran outside and towards the fountain behind the dorm building. She sat down on the bench and stares into blank. She was crying. Tears were dropping from her cheek and onto Bacon’s body. Bacon could sense that his mistress is sad and he whimpered a little. He the tears away from Haeun’s cheeks and she smiled.

“Who could have thought huh Bacon?” She asked. “Daddy will not be your daddy anymore…” She said.

She sat there and continued crying for quite a while until she hears someone calling her name.

“Haeun? What are you doing here?” It was Jongdae.

“Jongdae…” Haeun cried louder and pulls him into a hug.

“Whoa… What happened? Are you alright?” He asked, shocked. “If Baekhyun sees this, I’m dead.” He said.

But Haeun did not let go, she clung onto Jongdae and cried harder.

“Come on, it’s too cold outside here.” Jongdae said and picks up Bacon on one of his hands and pulls Haeun’s hand with the other.

He brought her back to his and Xiumin’s shared room because Haeun strongly disagree from leaving him.

“What’s this?” Xiumin asked when he saw a crying Haeun in Jongdae’s embrace.

“Hyung… Help.” Jongdae said.

“Are you cheating on Baekhyun with Jongdae?!” Xiumin asked.

“HYUNG!” Jongdae shouted. “It’s not like that!”

“Even Bacon’s here.” Xiumin said and pats his head. But Bacon didn’t even look at Xiumin, he was too busy worrying over his mistress.

“She wouldn’t even tell me what’s wrong and she doesn’t wanna let go of me.” Jongdae said. “She even resisted going back to her room.”

“Something must have happened between her and Baekhyun you dummy.” Xiumin said. “Haeun… Can you please tell us what’s wrong?”

Haeun refused to let go of Jongdae. She just wants to cling on him and cry her heart out.

“Hyung, what are we supposed to do?”

“What we? You’re on your own.” Xiumin said. “I’m going to bed.”

“Yah hyung!”

“Just for a moment.” Haeun finally said.

“Huh?” Jongdae and Xiumin looked at her.

“I’m sorry Jongdae but please, just let me hang on to you for a moment… I just needed a hug…” She said in a weak voice.

Jongdae kept quiet for a second then he sighed. “Okay…”

Haeun fell asleep that night in Jongdae’s embrace instead of Baekhyun’s. Jongdae gently picked her up and place her on his bed. Bacon immediately jumped onto the bed and snuggle beside Haeun.

“What do you think might have happened?” Xiumin asked.

“They probably got into a fight.” Jongdae said. “Typical of Baekhyun… That temper of his.”

“Where are you sleeping tonight?” Xiumin asked.

“On the floor of course.” Jongdae said. “I’ll go get the mattress in the cupboard.”


Sorry for not updating! 

I was in those kind of mood where I don't have any ideas at all... Sorry if this though.

And it's not too late to wish everyone a Happy 2015!