Chapter 3

I Love You Roommate

So, two months of living with Baekhyun. It wasn’t so bad actually, until he decide to drag me into his music club.

“Come on, we need a female vocalist.” He said.

“Nope, still not doing it.” I said,turning away from him.

“Is it because Kris hyung and Yixing hyung is gay?” He asked suddenly, making me almost spurt out the water I am drinking.

“What? No!” I said.

“You have a crush on one of them?” He asked again.

“Oh my god, Byun Baekhyun!” I shouted and he looked at me, confused.

“Then what?” He asked.

“It’s because I don’t sing.” I said.

“Oh, I thought you maybe have a crush on Kris hyung.” He said.

“That’s it. I’m outta here.” I said, grabbing my jacket.

“Come on, I’ve heard you sing, you can be our vocalist.” He said.

“I don’t sing. Besides, if I really do, I don’t perform.”

“You always sing in the bathroom.” He said.

“What? Oh never mind.” I said, walking out the room.

“Hey wait up.” He said and followed me out of the room.

I stared at him in disbelief, why is he following me? Never mind. I just keep walking and walking till I reach the fountain at the back of the dorm building. It’s my favorite place here, when I’m feeling frustrated or just sad, even when I missed home, I would come here and sit down on the bench, listen to the sound of water flowing down from the fountain.

“Whoa. We have this place here, at the back of our dorm?” Baekhyun asked.

Yeah, no one comes here. It’s kinda like an abandon place with plants growing anywhere they like. It was a creepy place when I first get here, in the middle of the night, lost with no direction. But in the evening or in the afternoon, this place is like a little heaven.

“You didn’t know?” I asked.

“Nope, probably a little too busy to even notice.” He said and sat down beside me.

There was an awkward silence between us. Guess we never really get to know each other even though we see each other 24/7. In class, at dorm, sometimes during lunch and maybe dinner.

“So, umm… I heard you’re from London.” He asked and I looked at him.

“Really, two months and you’re asking?” I asked.

“Gee, sorry. I mean, I don’t really know anything about my roommate.” He said.

“I was born in Korea, bought to London and came back here.” I said.

“Why did you go to London?” He asked.

“My parents died, the only relatives I had stayed in London.” I replied.

“Oh… I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” He said, suddenly feeling sad.

“Nah I got used to it. It’s not like they’re coming back to life if I cried my eyes out right?” I joked.

He looked at me with a weird expression.

“What? Is there something on my face?” I asked, wiping my face.

“You’re special. I like it.” He said suddenly.

“Huh?”

“Nothing. Come on, let’s go for dinner. My treat, what do you want to eat?” He asked, standing up.

“Hmm… Since you’re being kind and nice, samgupsal it is then.” I said.

“There goes my weekly expenses.” He said and we laughed.

I’m starting to like Baekhyun more.


Baekhyun’s Point of View

Hehe, no one can escape from Byun Baekhyun when I already target you as my victim. So, Haeun was dragged to the music room, by me of course.

“Baekhyun! I told you I don’t sing!” She said when I pulled her into the room.

“Too late, your name is already in the register and every single procedure is done.” I said smirked.

She stared at me and sighed.

“You hard headed idiot.” She said and I just smiled. “Fine, I’ll just join you guys, but no performing.”

“Ehehe…. My bad.” Yixing hyung came in and handed her a piece of paper, a list actually about the school’s event and she and me are supposed to sing a duet.

“Byun Baekhyun!”

“What? It was a last minute decision, they wanted a girl and guy duet, not a guy and guy one.” I said, shrugging.

“You will do it right?” Kris hyung asked, putting his arm over Yixing hyung's shoulders.

“I think I’ll have too then…” She said with an unsure tone.

“Great! Practice starts today, after your last class. It’s with Baekhyun right?” Jongdae popped out of nowhere.

“Yeah…”

“Good, Baekhyun be sure to have her here by 3 pm.” Jongdae said. And yeah, he’s like our ‘personal music coach’ or something like that.

Haeun glanced at her watch and looked at me. “You want to either go to class now or enter later with 200 people staring at you.”

“Oops. Gotta go guys. We’re late.” I said and grabbed my bag, pulled Haeun and ran to class.

Our economics class was boring, as usual. I rarely pay attention and would ask the notes from Haeun later back at the dorm. Haeun is totally different from me, she would pay attention and write down notes from time to time. I’m guessing she must be a great student back in her high school.

“Baekhyun!” I heard someone hissed at me.

“What?” I rubbed my eyes and looked at her.

“Are you even listening?” Haeun asked.

“You know me Haeun. I’m listening and I’ll improvise on the way in.” I said.

She slipped her hand to the back of my head and gave me a smack.

“Ouch! Was that necessary? It hurts!” I said, rubbing the back of my head where she smacked it.

“There, you’re fully awake now.” She said and gave me a smile. “You don’t want to fail your first term right?”

Well, she’s right at this point. I don’t know why but thinking about having singing practice later after class made me excited. I guess singing is really my thing huh.

For one thing the smack that Haeun gave me really made me fully awake and I listened throughout the class. And just as class ended, I pulled Haeun along and we’re the first ones to shot out the class and headed straight to the practice room.

We still have 10 minutes when we reached the practice room. I went over to the microphone and switch it on.

“What are you doing?” Haeun was still panting from all that running.

“Getting started.” I said and looked at her.

“Can you at least let me catch my breath?” She asked and I laughed.

“Looks like someone needs to exercise more.” I teased.

“Shut up.” She said and shot glares at me.

She sat down at the chair and rests her head on her hands. I can see her falling asleep.

“Haeun?” I called.

She fell asleep in less than a minute. I guess she’s rather tired nowadays, I kinda felt bad for dragging her into this but they needed help and the only person I could think of is Haeun.

I walked next to her and gave her nose a poke. Still no response. I looked at her. I guess she can be quite cute too sometimes. Like now, she looks cute sleeping like that.

The door swung open and 4 people walk in.

“Baekhyunnie~” Jongdae’s voice came ringing and I almost got shocked to death.

“Shhhh!” I pointed towards Haeun.

“Come on, we need to practice.” Jongdae said.

“I’ll go make some coffee for her then.” Xiumin hyung said and walked over to the pantry.

“Haeun? Wake up now.” Yixing hyung called her softly. I guess only Yixing hyung is suitable to wake people up, I’ll be yelling if I am trying to wake someone up.

“What year is it?” She shot up and asked, causing every one of us to laugh.

“What were you dreaming of anyway?” I asked, still laughing.

“Nothing.” She said and rubbed her eyes. “Should we start now?”

“Finally!” Jongdae said and got up from his chair.

Well I guess this is what you say in between heaven and hell.


Well.... I don't really know what did I just wrote but hey I'm back!

There might be spelling mistakes because I couldn't bother to read what I wrote... Hehe

Too lazy