Chapter 10

I Love You Roommate

“Hey, where are you going?” Baekhyun asked as he saw Haeun looking for her shoes.

“Airport.” She said.

“Why?” Baekhyun asked.

“Jay’s going back today.” She replied. “Have you seen my shoes?”

“They’re under my bed, you kicked them in.” Baekhyun said and bend down to take Haeun’s shoes.

“Oh thanks.” She said and puts them on quickly. “Bye, see you when I get back.”

“Wait!” Baekhyun shouted and Haeun looked back.

“What? I’m going to be late!”

“I’m going with you!” Baekhyun said and pulled his jacket with him.

“Wait, what?” Haeun looked at him, eyes wide open. “I thought you dislike him.”

“Dislike is a strong work Haeun. I would say we don’t go well together.” He said.

“Uh huh…”

“Come on! I thought you’re late.” Baekhyun said.

“Oh right. Right!” She said and hit her own forehead. “Let’s go.”

The two of them got tired of waiting for the bus so they took the taxi instead. The whole journey to the airport was quite awkward, Haeun didn’t know what to say and so does Baekhyun.

Haeun was bothered. Jay wanted her to give an answer to him today, and of course her answer is no. She has a huge crush on Baekhyun and not Jay. She glanced at Baekhyun, she stared at him for quite a while and when Baekhyun turned his head, Haeun immediately looked away, blushing.

They reached the airport after 30 minutes in the car and they went in. Haeun was still blushing, Baekhyun almost caught her staring at him.

“There he is.” Baekhyun said after glancing around the airport.

Jay was sitting at the airport bench, holding a cup of warm coffee and eating some waffles.

“Don’t you want to go with me?” Haeun asked when she realizes Baekhyun was walking towards the souvenir shop.

“I’ll be there in a moment.” He said and smiled.

Haeun nodded and sighed. She looked at Jay and walked towards him. What can she say to him? What should she say to him?

“Hey.”

“Oh, hey. You’re here.” Jay said and Haeun say down beside him.

They were silent for a while and Haeun keep glancing around, looking for Baekhyun. Where did that guy go?

“So…” Jay said and Haeun looked at him.

“Jay, I’m sorry.” Haeun said, not looking him in the eye.

“Oh...” His shoulders dropped. “I see…”

“I’m sorry but, to me you’re just a friend. A nice friend.” Haeun said.

“Is it him?” Jay asked.

“Huh?”

“Your roommate, Baekhyun. You like him, don’t you?” He asked and gave her a weak smile.

“Jay, I…”

“Look, at least let me know what kind of competition I’m facing.” He said.

“What are you talking about?” She asked.

“If it’s Baekhyun, then it’s going to be tough.” He said and looked at her. “But I’m not giving up.”

Haeun looked at him. Is he for real?

“Hey you guys.” Baekhyun came just in the right time. Things were getting awkward between those two.

“Oh, you’re here too.” Jay said when he saw Baekhyun.

“Can you let us talk for a while? I have something to tell him.” Jay said to Haera and she tilted her head to the right.

“Okay… I’ll just go to the washroom for a while.” She said and stood up, curious at what those two are going to talk about.

“Let’s just cut to the chase.” Jay said to Baekhyun and he blinked.

“What?”

“You like her, I like her. We both like her.”

“And so?”

“So, I just want to tell you that, take care of her. If you break her heart, I believe that it’s not just her brother that’s going to beat you up.” Jay said and grabbed Baekhyun’s collar.

“Let go. Besides, I am sure that I can do better than you.” Baekhyun said and pushed Jay away.

“Okay.” Jay nodded and the both of them kept quiet as they saw Haeun walking back towards them.

“What happened?” She asked.

“Nothing, just a little guys’ talk.” Baekhyun said and smiled.

“Flight 365 is ready for boarding.” The P.A system announced.

“Well that’s my flight.” Jay said. “See you soon, I guess.”

“Yeah, we’ll meet again.” Haeun said.

The two of them sent him off and waved to him until he went to the security check. Haeun looked at Baekhyun and he looked back.

“What?” He asked.

“Let’s go get some ddokbokki. I’m hungry.” She said and pulled Baekhyun’s arms.

“Why are you hungry 24/7?” He asked and Haeun chuckled.

“Well, because I just feel like it. I can’t control my hunger you know.” She said and Baekhyun made a face at her.

“Come on!” She said and pulled him harder.


“Ah! Finally!” Haeun said as she opened the door to her dorm room. And as usual, she would walk up to Baekhyun’s bed and flops on it.

“Stop sleeping on my bed!” Baekhyun said and pulled her up.

“Come on, five minutes.” She said.

“No. Get up!” He pulled her up and she pouted.

“Go up onto your own bed.” He said and lies down on his bed, hands at the back of his head.

“Fine.” She said and walked to her desk, turns on her laptop and stares at it.

“I was wondering.” Baekhyun said after a long pause of silent.

“What.”

“Where exactly are we going in England?” He asked, getting up and pulled a chair next to Haeun and sat down.

“I don’t know.” She said and looked up from her laptop. “Manchester maybe? They did say they wanted to go London.”

“Isn’t that the same?” Baekhyun asked and receive a smack on the head by Haeun.

“You didn’t study your Geography in high school didn’t you?” She asked. “Manchester and London are not in the same place. You’ll need hours to travel from Manchester to London.”

“Ouch! You didn’t have to smack me that hard.” Baekhyun said and puffed his cheeks. “Anyway, anything fun in England?” He asked.

“Well there’s the Ferris Wheel and the Big Ben. If you consider that as fun.” She said. “We can go ice skating.”

“There’s ice skating here in Korea too Haeun.” Baekhyun said.

“Well you asked, I just answered.” She said and shrugged.

Baekhyun suddenly stood up and looked at Haeun. He stares at her and that gives her the chills.

“What are you doing?” She asked, looking at Baekhyun weirdly.

Baekhyun didn’t answer but leans in closer to Haeun. Haeun keep moving back and knocked her head on the cabinet behind.

“Stop it.” She said but Baekhyun didn’t stop.

He keeps leaning in and finally their faces were just inches away. Haeun stare at Baekhyun with her eyes wide open and so did Baekhyun. He then suddenly smile and pinch Haeun’s nose.

“What are you doing?” Haeun asked.

“Just checking your reaction.” He said and pulled away.

“What kind of reason is that?” Haeun mumbled.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.” Haeun said and turns back to her computer.

Baekhyun smiled. He did want to see Haeun’s reaction. Maybe, just maybe, there’s hope for them to be together.

 


If you guys ever wonder why does it take so long for me to update

Well, I can just tell you that procastination is my biggest enemy.