Chapter 6

I Love You Roommate

Author’s Point of View

Where is Baekhyun? I haven’t seen him for a week. Haeun thought. Does he even come back to the dorm because I don’t see him at night and I don’t see him in the morning too. Not to mention classes, he was never there or is he? I don’t remember seeing him in class.

Hey what are you thinking about?” Jay asked her.

 “Huh? Oh… Nothing.” She snapped out of her daydreaming.

You can tell me, maybe I can help?” He asked.

You know, I haven’t seen Baekhyun for about a week now. Have you seen him anywhere?” Haeun asked.

Baekhyun? Oh the one that always sits next to me in class?” He asked and Haeun nodded.

I’ve seen a couple of times in the cafeteria, and sometimes in the library while waiting for you.” He said and she immediately stood up.

Thanks Jay. I’ll see you later at the library.” Haeun said and sprint out to the cafeteria.

Haeun ran to the cafeteria as fast as she can and when she reach there, she glanced around, hoping to see that purple colored hair guy. Yeah, he decided to keep that color because he thinks that it’s a waste to go re-dye a completely fine hair color.

She looked around, sighing because she couldn’t see him anywhere. Haeun then remember that Jay said he could be at the library so she ran there too. She burst through the library door with people glaring at her, asking her to keep quiet. She bowed and apologized and went on searching for that bacon. She even ran to the non-fiction section which he hated the most to check. Still no sign of that bacon.

She hung her head and walked to the practice room, it’s her last hope that he would be there. She stood outside and hesitated. Even if she did found him inside, what should she say? Haeun took a big breath and went in. No one was in there. She was about to leave but she saw something moving on the couch. She walked towards the couch and looked at it.

It’s Baekhyun, sleeping on the couch with sweat forming on his forehead. He did not turn on the fan, the air conditioner, he didn’t even bothered to open at least one window. Haeun looked at him and smiled, has he been sleeping here for the past week? Is that why she haven’t seen him back in the dorm for a week?

She wiped away his swear with her sleeves and open one of the windows. Idiot bacon, sleeping when he’s supposed to be in class. She thought to herself. She left a note for him in his phone and went out, closing the door softly.

‘Yah Byun Baekhyun. You better come back to the dorm later at night or else you’re going to die! You owe me a tour around Gangnam!’

She walked back to class with a smile on her face, the smile was still there when she was getting scolded by the lecturer for getting in class late. She walked back to her place next to Jay and the smile was still there.

What’s wrong with you?” Jay asked.

Oh nothing. I found Baekhyun.” She said.

He’s not coming to class?” He asked, glancing around.

Nah, he’s just lazing around.” Haeun said and continue taking down notes.

Jay looked at Haeun. He likes that Korean girl that was sitting next to him. He wasn’t sure if Haeun is feeling the same as he is but he really like her. He was thinking maybe he should confess to her, but he also thinks that even if things really went the way he wanted to, the distance between them would be the problem.

Hey Hannah?” He called Haeun.

Yeah?” Haeun looked at him.

Do you think I should continue study here as a student or should I just continue studying in the US and come back here to work?” He asked.

Well… That’s a tough question.” Haeun said and chuckled. “Hmm I don’t know. Which one do you want?

Well which one do you want?” He asked Haeun back.

I don’t know. It’s your decision, not mine.” She said with a blank expression.

I have to tell you something.” He said.

What is it?” She asked.

Can you come over to the coffee shop later at night? I’ll wait for you there.” He asked.

I think so… I can’t promise but I’ll try.” Haeun said, she thought about Baekhyun.

I’ll be waiting.” He said and smiled.

Class went on as usual and Baekhyun is still sleeping in the practice room. It started to rain and wind was blowing into the window that Haeun had opened earlier. He felt cold and he curled into a ball, he woke up with a jump when he almost fell off the couch. He checked the time on the clock hanging on the wall of the practice room and realized that it was already 7 p.m. and he wanted to have a warm bath.

“Haeun should be at the library now so it’ll be safe to go back.” He mumbled to himself.

He didn’t notice the note that Haeun have left in his reminders. He didn’t know that Haeun would be at the dorm earlier. He walked back to the dorm, with the rain pouring and he had no umbrella. He ran to the dorm, which was probably the stupidest decision he had ever made because he was soaked from head to toe when he reached the dorm building. He opened the door to their room and went inside. He took off his wet clothes and threw them into the laundry basket. It was already a habit after living with Haeun for some time.

Baekhyun continue having his warm shower and when he was done, he wasn’t feeling so well. His nose is runny and his head hurts. His throat hurts and he felt cold.

“. Must have caught a cold.” He said and lie on his bed.

His eyelids were getting heavier and soon, he was fast asleep.

A few moments later, the door opened and Haeun stepped in. She was surprised to see the lights are on and also there are wet clothes in the laundry basket. She walked towards their double decker bed and saw someone was on Baekhyun’s bed, with the blankets over his head. She walked over and pulled the blankets away and saw Baekhyun sleeping, his face having a bitter expression.

“Baekhyun?” She called but he didn’t answer.

She felt his forehead with her hand and found out that his forehead was burning. He’s having a fever.

“Stupid bacon, must have ran all the way back here and didn’t even bother to borrow an umbrella.” She mumbled.

Haeun stood up and went to get a wet towel and place it on his head to ease the fever. She sat beside his bed and looked at him. This won’t do. She thought. He needs medical attention, or at least some medications. She went over to her drawer and fumbled through it.

“Aha, found it.” She took out the medicine that Chanyeol had given her. He knew that his sister usually caught cold easily.

Haeun went and poured a cup of water for Baekhyun and walked to his bed.

“Baekhyun ah…” She called but he didn’t respond. “Yah babo.” She called again.

Baekhyun didn’t budge. She put the medicine and the cup on the nightstand and pulled Baekhyun up.

“What are you doing?” He finally asked, still dazed from his headache.

“Here, you’ll need this.” She said, pushing the medicine into his mouth and forcing him to drink the water.

“What’s that?” He asked, suddenly woken by the bitterness of the medicine. “Why are you here?” He asked with his eyes wide opened.

“FYI, number one, that’s medicine to help cure your fever, number two, this is also my room so of course I’m here.” She said and looks at Baekhyun like he’s lost his mind.

“I mean aren’t you supposed to be with the American lover boy?” He asked.

“Oh ! Jay!” Haeun suddenly remembered Jay was waiting for her at the coffee shop. She quickly took out her phone and called him.

Hello?

Jay? I’m sorry but I can’t make it to the coffee shop.” She said.

Did something happen?” He asked.

Well Baekhyun got sick and I need to take care of him. You know how clumsy he is.

 “Oh… I see. Well, it’s alright, maybe another time.” Jay said, trying to sound cheerful.

I’m really sorry.” She said.

No worries, we could always come another time.” He said.

Well… If there’s nothing else, I’m hanging up.” She said.

Oh sure, sure. See you in class tomorrow.” He said and hung up. He sighed and stood up, taking the warm coffee that he had ordered and walked back to his dorm room.

“So you canceled your date because of me?” Baekhyun teased. “I’m touched.”

“Shut up. And it was not a date. Why on Earth would I date him?” She asked, glaring at Baekhyun.

“Aren’t you guys dating?” He asked.

“No. He’s just a friend.” Haeun replied. “Besides, I already have someone else in mind.” She added.

And that, made Baekhyun glad for a while but he felt sad again. Someone else in mind? Who?

“Who?” He asked.

“No one.” She said and blushed.

“Just spit it out.” He said and started coughing.

“You should sleep now.” She said, pushing him back to bed and pulled the blankets over him. “Good night.”

“Will you tell me?” He asked again.

“No, good night.” She said and turned off the lights.

Haeun went into the bathroom and stare into the mirror.

“That was dangerous Park Haeun. You almost let it slip.” She said to herself.


Hey hey hey

You know

You guys should comment about my story

I mean, just let me know, is it good or bad or should I improve a little

Yeah, the little things.