Chapter 4

I Love You Roommate

Ahh I’m feeling so tired, Stupid Byun Baekhyun. He didn’t even let me rest for 2 straight weeks, always dragging me into the practice room as soon as we have free time. And don’t even get me started on Kim Jongdae. He’s just like a coach from hell.

“Again.” He said while shaking his head. He seems to be enjoying torturing me and Baekhyun.

“Can’t we just rest for 5 minutes?” I asked. My throat was dry and I feel like I could die.

“NO.” He said with a stern expression.

“Fine, fine.” I said and gave Baekhyun a push. “Your part.”

He just shrugged and start singing. The song selection was actually not bad. I mean who chooses slow, romantic songs for a school event? No one, and this, this is a song that would make you cry.

10 minutes later and Xiumin sunbae walked in. Thank god, our savior is here!

“Aren’t you letting them rest?” He asked Jongdae.

“Nope. They still need a lot of practice.”

Oh come on, seriously? I am confident in everything I do okay. I think that I’m doing just fine.

“Yah. I’m your hyung. Just let them have 10 minutes break will ya?” Xiumin sunbae asked and pulled Jongdae’s ears.

“Ouch! Okay! Okay! Guys, 10 minutes. Let go hyung!”

“There, is that so hard?” Xiumin sunbae asked and laughed.

I walked to the nearest chair I could find and flopped on it. It’s Saturday and all of us don’t have classes and Jongdae wanted us to come for practice. My feet hurts, I have been standing from 10 a.m. and its freaking 3 p.m. now. I could be chatting with Chanyeol oppa now but no, I’m here, singing my lungs out and getting extra tired.

“Here.” Yixing sunbae said and pass me a glass of light yellow liquid.

I looked at the glass and look at him, back to the glass then at him. I guess I have a blank expression on my face and that made Yixing sunbae laughed lightly.

“It’s hone with lemon. It’s good for your throat.” He said and smiled.

“How come you didn’t give me one?” Baekhyun asked and pouted. I sometimes find that cute, other times I just want to fling a shoe at him.

“Here. And choke on it.” Jongdae said while giving Baekhyun his glass.

“Gee thanks.” Baekhyun said and gulped down his drink. “Ahh energy recharged.”

I sipped my warm drink slowly, savoring the taste of honey with a dash of lemon. This is the Saturday I was supposed to have every week. I flipped through the music sheets I got on my hand, humming slowly to the tune.

“You like this song?” Yixing sunbae asked.

I nodded. “It’s a beautiful song. I’ve never heard it before, this composer is a genius!”

“The genius you’re talking about is sitting right in front of you.” Kris sunbae said.

I looked up and stared at him.

“Yixing wrote that song himself. It’s his song.” He added, putting his hands on Yixing sunbae’s shoulders.

“Yifan you don’t have to tell everyone.” Yixing sunbae said and blushed.

“Sunbae! You wrote this? This is great!” I said, with my eyes wide open. I’m really starting to like this couple more and more.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Yifan and Baekhyun helped though.” He said while looking at Baekhyun.

I turned and looked at Baekhyun. He was getting slaps on his back by Jongdae for making him laugh while drinking his honey lemon tea. His expression is priceless. Jongdae’s face was red like a tomato, trying hard to not spurt out everything in his mouth and Baekhyun have a bitter expression. He was massaging his back, guess it hurts a lot getting slaps from Jongdae. Well, serves him right for making him laugh while drinking.

I have realized over the two weeks that Baekhyun is a great singer. He is talented, but he still works hard. He doesn’t give excuses every time Jongdae ask us to go for practices at unreasonable hours.

“Ready? We’re starting again.” He said and I just nodded.

“I’m starting to like this club.” I said to him and he smiled.

“Told you so. You won’t regret joining us.” He said.

And I’m starting to feel the same.


Baekhyun’s Point of View

“Yah, yah. Park Haeun. You sure you’re eating that spicy tteokbokki?” Jongdae asked Haeun.

“Yeah. Why not?” She asked, the tteokbokki was already halfway to .

“You idiot.” Jongdae said and hit her on the forehead.

“What was that for?” She asked, putting back the fork and rubbed her forehead with a pout. “That hurts!”

“The performance is three days from now.” I said, giving her another slap on the forehead.

“Come on. You’re saying I’m forbidden to eat any spicy food for the next three days?” She asked, glaring at me.

“Yes.”

“Oh come on!” She groaned. I can see that she likes Korean spicy food a lot.

“Here Haeun. Have more of this is good for you.” Yixing hyung said and hand her more honey lemon tea.

“Sunbae~ Jebal… I can’t even have kimchi now.” She said to Yixing hyung and he just chuckled.

“Yah. I can’t eat it too so we’re about the same Haeun. I feel your pain.” I interrupted. I was kinda jealous that she was getting closer to Yixing hyung day by day. I mean I know Yixing hyung just treat her like his sister, but I don’t know, the feelings just came.

“Yeah Baekhyun. We should just order some chicken.” She said, her face brighten up.

“No!” All of them shouted and Haeun and I jumped.

“Why?” I looked at Kris hyung.

“You can’t eat friend food, spicy food or even hot food.” Kris hyung said.

“Oh come on!” Haeun and I said on the same time.

“Sorry guys. Guess you two shall have to stick with porridge and just some soup?” Xiumin hyung said and hand us our lunch.

I sighed. Well, Byun Baekhyun, it’s just three days. After three days you can just go and have a feast on tteokbokki, ramyun, chicken and a whole lot more.

I can see Haeun is disappointed too, she keeps on playing with her spoon, not really feeling like eating it.

“Hey, come on. This is health food.” I said and gave her a nudge.

“I guess…” She said and sighed.

I looked at her face and chuckled.

“After the performance, let’s go to town.” I said.

“Town?” She looked at me.

“Yeah. Let’s go to Gangnam.” I said to her. “You didn’t have the chance to go yet right?”

She nodded.

“I’ll treat you to something nice there then. As a thank you gift this time.” I said and she smiled.

“You know what Baekhyun?” She asked and looked at me. “Having you as my roommate is great.”

The warm feeling just flushed into my heart. My heart beating fast and my face was burning. I mean, I feel like there’s butterflies in my stomach. Oh whatever, I just felt happy. I think, I think I might have a little crush on her.

“Are you going to eat that?” She said and looked at my bowl.

“Yes.” I said and ate my piece of pork in the porridge.

Two days just passed like that, in a blink of an eye, and our performance is just tomorrow. I’m guessing that this is kinda like a very important event for our university because I see everyone was running around, rushing to do their stuff. I heard someone saying that it was some kind of friendly program with another university in the US and it can somehow boost our school’s popularity. I don’t even know.

What shocked me that they even prepared our outfits for me and Haeun and they sent make-up artists and hair stylists to help ‘transform’ us. I think it was kinda ridiculous, I mean, I can always do stuff like that by myself, why bother having two to three people styling your hair and putting make-up on you?

Haeun was already sitting on the chair and was having her hair done by a hair stylist. She looked annoyed and rolled her eyes when she saw me, signaling to me to help her stop the blabbering stylist, who keeps on talking and talking about his career.

“I mean, who does that these days? Red with orange strips? Puh-lease, that was so last year!” I can hear the stylist said.

“Heh, yeah…” Haeun was already yawning and was bored out of her mind.

“Hey. What ‘cha doing?” I asked.

“Oh she’s just changing her hair color.” The stylist said even before Haeun can answer.

I stiffened a laugh and looked at Haeun. Her eyes were asking for help, begging me to don’t leave her alone with this stylist. I dragged a chair and sat down beside her. And as soon as the stylist walked away she let out a huge sigh.

“Never knew stylists talk so much!” She said.

“Well, they get bored when coloring other people’s hair.” I said. “Why are they dying your hair again?”

“I don’t know. That one stylist said that black doesn’t fit my face and the second one kinda agreed and the third stylist just dragged me here on this chair and started mixing some chestnut brown hair dye. The next thing I knew, he was already coloring my hair.” She said.

“Gee… Does that mean that I’ll have my hair colored too?” I said, touching my already brown hair.

“I don’t think so. I mean you have already dyed it brown. Maybe they won’t touch it?”

“I hope so.” I said as a stylist came and pulled me to another chair.

Well… What I hoped didn’t come true. And you know what? I got my hair end up in a very dark shade of purple. It wasn’t that bad but I felt weird. Purple? Oh geez. I was never that brave to challenge this color. The door to the practice room opened and the hyungs and Jongdae entered.

“Whoa Baekhyun! Nice color!” Jongdae said while looking at my hair.

“Haeun, brown really suits you!” Yixing hyung said as soon as he saw Haeun.

“Thanks…” Haeun said with a bitter expression. I guess she didn’t really like her new style. Well at least she’s better than me. Look at me, purple!

“Come on, you’re at least better than I am.” I said and gave her a soft punch.

“Huh. But I like your color.” She said while touching my hair.

“Well I like your color.” I said and stares at her hair. Her hair looks fluff though.

“Come on guys. What matters most is your performance tomorrow. The color doesn’t matter.” Kris hyung said and I have to agree. He’s right. No wonder he is the president of our music club.

“Yeah. Park Haeun! Let’s hwaiting!” I said and grabbed her hand. She looked shocked but then she smiled and nodded.

“But I still think you two look great.” Yixing hyung added.


And another update!

I wrote this on my phone so there might be mistakes. 

Hehe hope you guys like though...

XD