Chapter 13

I Love You Roommate

“So we’re going to your house tomorrow?” Baekhyun asked.

“I think so. Depends on what you guys want to do.” Haeun said and sat down on the bed.

Dinner was crazy because Kris had ordered pizza again and this time, he ordered too much. The six of them have to stuff themselves and now everyone is walking like they’re drunk.

“I’m going to shower now.” Baekhyun said.

“Suit yourself.” Haeun said and switch on the TV.

Baekhyun went into the bathroom and Haeun was bored. She picked up her phone and dialed home.

“Hello?”

“Hey idiot.”

“Who’s this?” Chanyeol sounded angry.

“Your sister.”

“Oh. Oh hi Haeun.”

“Really oppa? You can’t even recognize your sister’s voice?” She asked.

“I was washing the dishes Haeun.” Chanyeol said. “Wait… You’re calling me. Isn’t that going to cost you your phone bill?”

“Guess what?” Haeun asked.

“What?”

“I’m in England.” She said and she could hear Chanyeol’s dramatic gasp.

“WHAT?”

“Is that all you could say?” Haeun asked. “Yes, you’ve not hear wrong. I’m in England.”

“Wait, wait, wait… You’re what?” Chanyeol still couldn’t believe that his sister is back in England.

“I’ll drop by tomorrow.” Haeun said with a chuckle.

“So you’re not going to explain anything to me?” Chanyeol asked.

“Nope. Tell you everything tomorrow.” She said. “Wash your dishes oppa, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said.

“Yah yah Park Haeun!” Chanyeol called but Haeun hung up.

“Aish that oppa.” Haeun smiled. “At least I can meet him tomorrow.”

“HAEUN AH!” Baekhyun shouted from the bathroom.

“Hold on!” Haeun said. She knows exactly what’s wrong, Baekhyun forgot his towel again.

“It’s cold! Hurry up!”

“Okay okay!” She said and stood up, pulled the towel from the rack and went towards the bathroom door. “Here.”

“Thanks.” He said and poke his head out.

“Hurry up will you? I need to take a bath too.” Haeun said and sat down.

“There, all done.” Baekhyun said while coming out of the bathroom. “The shampoo smelled nice.” He said and chuckled.

After bath time, the two of them slack around the room.

“Yah Baek, look at this.” Haeun said and passed her phone ta Baekhyun. “Nice right?” She asked.

Baekhyun looked at Haeun’s phone and realized that she was doing online shopping and she was showing him a pair of sneakers.

“Looks nice.” He said and gave back her phone. “You’re buying it?”

“Maybe.” Haeun said.

“Holy , it’s almost 2 am now. Let’s get to bed shall we?” Baekhyun said.

“Oh, I didn’t realize the time passed so fast.” Haeun said and jumped onto the bed. “You sure you’re staying on the floor?”

“Yeah, I’m fine with it.” Baekhyun said and took a pillow from the bed and the extra sheets that he asked earlier form the reception. “Good night.” He said and turned off the lights.

Haeun couldn’t sleep and Baekhyun too. He can hear the sound of Haeun tossing and turning, punching her pillow and mumbling to herself in English. He lied there still and tries to go to sleep but he can’t. After a few minutes, everything went silent and he assumes that Haeun was fast asleep.

Baekhyun sits up quietly and looked at Haeun, she was not moving. He stands up and tiptoed towards the chair to get his jacket. He walks slowly towards the door and suddenly the lights were on.

“Where are you going?” Haeun asked, she was standing just behind Baekhyun.

“Oh I didn’t mean to wake you up, I’m sorry.” Baekhyun said.

“Where are you going?” She asked again. “Don’t leave me alone here in the hotel room.” She said.

“I was just thinking that if you’re really uncomfortable with me here, I’ll just go sleep at Jongdae’s place.” Baekhyun explain.

“No, please don’t.” Haeun said and clings onto Baekhyun’s arm. “I’m scared.” She whispered.

“Huh?”

“I’m afraid of hotel rooms.” She said in a small voice. “Please stay?” She asked.

Baekhyun stared at her and smiled. He walked closer towards her and lean in closer. Haeun’s eyes widen and she leans back a little.

“I’m sorry.” Baekhyun said and looks at the floor. “I should be going…” He said and turned.

But he stopped. Haeun hugged him from behind, so tightly that he smiled.

“Please, don’t go.” Haeun said. “I… I think I might be in love with you.” Haeun said.

Baekhyun turned around and looks into her eyes. Haeun let’s go of him and turned away, blushing. She was afraid, afraid that Baekhyun might reject her, she’s afraid that Baekhyun will laugh at her. She was about to cry when she felt Baekhyun’s arms around her waist, hugging her tightly like how she did just a few seconds ago.

“Baek…”

“I think… I might be in love with you too.” Baekhyun said and rest his chin on her head.

Haeun turned around and their eyes met. The two of them let out an awkward chuckle and Baekhyun reach out to hold Haeun’s hands.

“Be my girl?” He asked.

Haeun blushed and nods. Baekhyun was smiling so happily that his eyes disappeared.

“It’s getting late.” He said. “Let’s sleep now.” He said.

“Get on the bed?” Haeun asked Baekhyun and he smiles.

“Of course.” He switches off the light and climbed into bed next to Haeun.

Haeun hugged Baekhyun tightly and buries her face into his chest.

“You used the hotel’s shampoo didn’t you?” Baekhyun asked with a chuckle.

Haeun laughed. “Of course, what else am I supposed to use?”

“So… Now that you are my girlfriend… How are we telling your family about this?” Baekhyun asked.

“Baekkie, I’m at the right age to have a boyfriend.”

“But your brother…”

“Oppa will be fine with it.” She said. “I think.”

“You think…?”

“Yeah….” She said. “I’m sleepy let’s just…..” She mumbles at the end and Baekhyun couldn’t hear her.

“Haeun?” Baekhyun smiled. “Good night my princess.” He said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.


It’s been a month! I’m so so so so so sorry!

I kept on delaying but I’ll try to update once every two to three weeks.

Sorry!