Chapter 15

I Love You Roommate

“So I have something to tell you.” Haeun said while washing the dishes.

“What?” Chanyeol asked while wiping the dishes that Haeun washed.

“I don’t how to put it in though…”

“Just spit it out.” Chanyeol said.

“It’s like this… Well…”

“Hurry up.”

“Well… Baekhyun and I, we’re together.”

“And?”

“Aren’t you mad?”

“What for?”

“Because usually you don’t like it when I go out with guys and now…”

“I knew it all along Haeun.” Chanyeol said. “I’m not that dumb you know.”

“Huh? But how?”

“Hold on.” Chanyeol said and pulled out his phone. He opens up Instagram and showed Haeun. “This?”

Haeun looked at Chanyeol’s phone, it’s the picture that she and Baekhyun took a few months back.

“Oh this…” Haeun said and smiled.

“Roommate?”

“Yeah…”

“Why are the two of you roommates anyway?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s a long strory…” Haeun said and smiled awkwardly. “Well, it all started in first day of college.”

Haeun started telling Chanyeol everything, well, she did miss out a few details just in case Chanyeol would strangle Baekhyun.

“Wow… And now you’re telling me this.” Chanyeol said. “Well done Haeun, well done.”

“What? I’m afraid that you would want me to come back here immediately.” Haeun said and pouted.

“Why don’t you want to come back here?”

“Because I like it there.” Hauen said. “It’s nice and fun there.”

“And because Baekhyun’s there?”

“Well… Yeah.”

“What about me?”

“What about you?” Haeun asked.

“I’m your brother.”  Chanyeol said.

“You’re jealous aren’t you?” Haeun asked and stares at Chanyeol.

“No, pfft why would I?” Chanyeol said and blushed.

“Oppa, don’t worry.” Haeun said and throw her soapy hands around Chanyeol’s neck. “You’re still the number 1 guy in my heart.” She said and gave her brother a kiss on the cheek.

“You’re becoming cheesier nowadays.”

“It’s all because of you.” Haeun said and went back to washing the dishes.

“So, does he treat you well?” Chanyeol asked and Haeun smiled.

“The best.” She said and giggled.

“Well at least you’re happy.” Chanyeol said and smiled. “And remember, if he ever hurts you, just tell me, I’ll beat him up.”

“Oppa, you’re scary.” Haeun said with her eyes wide open.

“Anything for my sister?” Chanyeol shrugged.

And while the two brothers and sisters were giggling away in the kitchen, washing the dishes and splashing each other with water, the other 5 guys were being ‘questioned’ in the living room. Baekhyun was hoping that Haeun would hurry up and come out from the kitchen to save them because it was awfully awkward out there. Usually, Baekhyun would be the noisiest out of all but today he was extremely quiet.


Haeun’s Point of View

I was so relieved when Chanyeol oppa approved of us together, he usually really hates it when I bring male friends back home. I remembered once I brought one of my male classmates back home during middle school and oppa almost flipped. We were just studying in the living room and Chanyeol oppa was being a little too dramatic.

But I don’t know why, he seems to like Baekhyun a lot. Maybe because they are the same kind of people, the noisy type and they have almost the same hobby over music. Baekhyun sings well and oppa, he can play any types of instrument, he’s a genius.

“Can I come in?” Baekhyun asked as I was in my room, looking through my closet.

“No.” I said but he was already in the room.

“Too late.” He said and I chuckled. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t know.” I replied and shrugged. “Just looking around, maybe I could find something useful here.”

“It’s your room.” Baekhyun said. “How you not know what’s where.”

“I am a very forgetful person at times.” I said and he smiled.

“I have something for you though.” He said and I looked at him, curious.

“What?”

“Turn around.” He said and turns me around.

“You’re weird.” I said and he just chuckled.

I stood there and waited for him to do something weird but he didn’t. I felt something going around my neck and I looked down.

“Baekhyun… This…”

“You were pretty much staring at this in the restaurant before. I felt like I have to get it no matter what.”

“You’re the sweetest person.” I said and turn around to face him.

“Well you can thank me by giving me a kiss.” He said and move closer to me.

“Idiot.” I said and smiled.

Our face was so closed and we stopped when we heard someone clearing their throat at the door.

“Ehem…”

The two of us looked up.

“Sorry to interrupt but… Are you guys staying here?” Chanyeol oppa said.

“Ah…” I pulled away from Baekhyun and I saw him blushing.

“So?”

“Are we?” I asked and looked at Baekhyun.

“I don’t know.” He said, still blushing and he was staring on the carpet.

“I’ll go ask Kris sunbaenim.” I said and went downstairs.

“Why not?” Kris asked when he knew what I was talking about.

“You guys bought anything here?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Yixing sunbae said and he nods. “Of course.”

“Great…” Baekhyun sighed. “I bought nothing.” He said and the others looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“I thought we all agreed to bring something?”

“I didn’t know.” Baekhyun said and sighed again.

“Don’t worry.” I said. “I think Chanyeol oppa have something that might fit.”

“You gotta be joking.” Baekhyun said and while I gave him oppa’s clothes.

“What?” I asked.

“It’s oversized.” He said and I laughed.

“I know right.” I said and Baekhyun pouted. “It’ll look cute on you.” I said.

“Fine…” He said and walked into the bathroom to change.

“Where would they be sleeping anyway?” Oppa asked.

“In the guest room of course.” I said.

“And Baekhyun?”

“In my… Oh…” I stopped when oppa raised one of his eyebrows when I was about to say my bedroom.

“You sure you guys won’t do anything stupid?”

“Oppa!” I said and punched him on the chest. “I’m not a complete dummy to be doing this here.” I said.

“Okay….” He said and stares at me. “And he’s sleeping on the floor.”

“I promise.” I said. “Wait what?”

“Any problems?” He asked and I shook my head.

“Now don’t promise something you can’t do.” He said and walked out of my room.

Baekhyun walked out of the bathroom looking adorable with oppa’s oversized hoodie hanging on his body.

“Well, don’t you look cute?” I asked and smiled.

“Shut up.” He said and smiled. “It sure is cold here.”

I walked up to him and gave him a hug, hands around his waist and rests my head on his chest.

“Let’s get on the bed.” I said.

“But your brother said no me on the bed.”

“You heard?”

“Duh.” He said and I laughed. “Don’t promise something you can’t do.”

“But I think…” I lean in and gave him a kiss. “Those were the best kinds.”

“Sneaky idiot.” He said and I pushed him onto the bed.

I went and off the lights and jumped into bed, snuggling into his embrace and cover the sheets over us.

“I love you Byun Baekhyun.” I said and he chuckled. I can smell the softener Aunt Isabel uses on the laundries on the shirt that Baekhyun’s wearing.

“And I love you too Park Haeun.” He said and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

The next morning was quite awkward because I forgot to lock the door, resulting in 4 guys came blasting through the door only to realize that Baekhyun and I were still cuddling.

“Excuse us.” Jongdae said.

“YOU GUYS CAN KNOCK!” Baekhyun shouted and I laughed.

“Let’s make a run for it.” Jongdae said and ran out of the room.