Chapter 17

I Love You Roommate

“It’s CHIRSTMAS!” Haeun said and jumped onto Chanyeol’s bed. “Oppa oppa oppa oppa! Merry Christmas!” Haeun said and kept on jumping on Chanyeol’s bed.

“Okay, okay. I get it…” Chanyeol said and sat up slowly. “Merry Christmas.”

“Wake up sleepy head!” Haeun said and blows into Chanyeol’s ears.

“Hey stop!” Chanyeol said and pushed Haeun away. “You know I’m sensitive with people blowing into my ears.”

“Hehe.” Haeun smiled. “Now you’re awake. See you later for breakfast!” She said and ran out of Chanyeol’s room and head for her friends who are also petty much still asleep.

“Wake up, wake up!” She said while hitting Jongdae’s head with a pillow.

“Go wake Baekhyun.” Jongdae said and turned away.

“Yes? I’m over here.” Baekhyun said while sipping on his warm tea. “I’ve been awake half an hour ago.”

“Oh…” Jongdae said and sits up. He then proceeds to hit Xiumin who happens to be beside him. “Wake up hyung. It’s Christmas.”

“And… Chanyeol oppa is getting up already. Hurry up!” Haeun said and pulled the pillow away from Kris’s head.

“Hey!” Kris yelled when his head hits the floor. He just so happen to be sleeping on the floor in Jongdae and Xiumin’s shared room instead of the room that he and Yixing shares. Yixing was there too, but he was sleeping on the couch.

“Everybody, remember what we had planned?” Haeun asked and gently shook Yixing. “Sunbae, wake up.”

“Hey not fair, I got a pillow to the face and Yixing hyung just got shook gently.”

“Because he’s kind and nice. Not like you.” Haeun said and stuck out her tongue at Jongdae. “Anyway, guys, brush your teeth and get downstairs ASAP!” She said and stood up.

The six of them finally got downstairs and some of them were still yawning. Haeun gave them each a Santa hat and Kris looks at her.

“You serious?”

“Hey, it is a special gift.” Haeun shrugged.

And the moment Chanyeol walked down the stairs, the six of them started singing Christmas carols. Chanyeol was shocked and he stood still, staring.

“Merry Christmas oppa.” Haeun said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I didn’t have time to buy you a present so I thought this would be fine.” She said and looked at her friends. “Well, actually it was Baekhyun’s idea. It’s a present from all of us.”

“You’re a smarty pants aren’t you.” Chanyeol said and laughed. “What about Aunt Isabelle and Uncle Roy?”

“Oh they have already got their early dose of Christmas carols.” Haeun said and smiled. “I’m sorry I didn’t get you anything though. I just forgot.”

“It’s alright.” Chanyeol said. “You’re here and that’s great.”

Haeun then gives her brother the widest smile and then all of them went to the kitchen to have their breakfast.

“What about my present?” Haeun asked.

“Remember the puppy I told you?” Chanyeol asked. “The one I adopted?”

“Yeah?”

“It’s your present but I kept it at my friend’s house so that you can’t see it.”

“Can I bring it back to Korea?” Haeun asked.

“How are you going to do that?”

“I don’t know… Stuff it into my bag?” She said and Baekhyun face palmed.

“There’s something called a cage and something called plane policies.” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t know… I mean I know but I don’t want to put it into a cage let alone let it be alone for the whole flight.” Haeun said and pouted.

“There’s nothing you can do though.”

“Is it a guy or a girl?” She asked.

“I’m not sure. I didn’t check.” Chanyeol said.

“Ah… Where is it?”

“At Karen’s house down the street.”

“Oohh….” Haeun said and raised her eyebrows. “Who’s Karen?”

Chanyeol blushed. “Just a friend.”

“A friend huh?” Haeun continues to tease Chanyeol.

“Just go get it after breakfast.” Chanyeol said and looked away.

“Gee fine, fine.” Haeun said and sips on her milk.

Haeun and Baekhyun walked along the street and found the house that Chanyeol told them. They knocked on the door and a girl opened the door.

“Hi, you must be Karen.” Haeun said and smiled.

“Yes… And you are…?”

“I’m Park Haeun, Park Chanyeol’s sister.”

“Oh right!” Karen smiled. “Nice to meet you, Chanyeol told me a lot about you.”

“So uhm… Chanyeol told me that the puppy would be here…”

“Oh right! I’ll go get it.” Karen said and invites them in. “Hold on for a moment.” She said and walked towards the kitchen. She then came out shortly with a golden retriever on her arms. “Here, Chanyeol haven’t name him yet.”

“It’s a boy?”

“Yup. And he’s still very young, he’s only a year old.”

“Awww…” Haeun took the puppy and cuddles it. “What shall I name him?” She asked Baekhyun.

“Name him Jongdae.” Baekhyun said and laughed. “So we can troll him.”

Haeun scoffed at Baekhyun’s idea. “He’s going to murder us if he knows.” She said. “I know, I’ll name you Bacon!”

“Why Bacon?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t know. I like bacon and I like puppies too.” She said and shrugged. “Anyway thanks Karen for taking care of Bacon for me.”

“No worries.” Karen said and smiled. “It was fun taking care of him.”

And so, the two of them walked back home slowly with Bacon still on Haeun’s  arms. She liked it so much that she doesn’t want to let go.

“Hey Haeun.” Yixing called her when she was pouring some water for Bacon.

“Yeah?”

“We’re getting back to the hotel to get our stuffs since we’re staying here now. You want to tag along?”

“Is Baekhyun going?” She asked.

“Yeah.”

“Then ask him to take my stuffs too.” Haeun said. “Is Chanyeol oppa bringing you guys?”

“Yes I am.” Chanyeol said and took his car keys from the shelf. “You sure you’re not coming?”

“Nope.” Haeun said. “I’m playing with Bacon.”

“Fine with me.” Chanyeol said and they went out.


“Aren’t you spending a little too much time with Bacon?” Baekhyun asked while packing his stuff.

“I’ve trained him to use the potty!” Haeun said and smiled at Baekhyun. “Now that’ll be easier when we get back to the dorm, he won’t poop everywhere.”

“Aren’t you going to pack?” Baekhyun asked again. “We’re leaving tomorrow morning you know.”

“I will, later.”

“Later?”

“Yup.” Haeun said and continues playing with Bacon.

Baekhyun smiled and went over to Haeun.

“Play with me too.” He said.

“Well I see someone’s jealous.” Haeun said and gave Baekhyun a kiss on the cheeks.

“You pay too much attention to Bacon instead of me.” Baekhyun said and pouted.

“He’s too cute.” Hauen said. “I can’t resist.”

“You’re saying that I’m not cute enough?”

Haeun laughed. “You’ve got to stop comparing yourself to a puppy.”

“You’ve got his papers ready? You’re going to need them in the airport tomorrow.” Baekhyun asked.

“Yup, all done and is in my purse.” Haeun said.

Baekhyun looks at Haeun and gave her a hug.

“What are you doing?” Haeun asked and smiled.

“Nothing, just wanted a hug.” Baekhyun said. “I kinda wished we’re staying longer though.”

“We can come back next semester break.” Haeun said. She too was feeling a little sad to be leaving already.

“And I just wished that my cousin isn’t coming over.” Baekhyun said.

“Come on, it can’t get any worse can it?” Haeun asked.

“Yea… Unless you mean sharing a room with her and me having to sleep on the floor at Jongdae’s room.”

“Well, I can always move to my friend’s room too. She can have the room all by herself.”

“Or she can go get a hotel room for god’s sake.”

“She is your cousin.” Haeun shrugged.

“Let’s just hope she’ll forget about coming back and instead stays at my parent’s house.” Baekhyun said.


Another update?! *Gasps* I must be dreaming!

Lol jk xD