Chapter 16

I Love You Roommate

“Christmas is two days later.” Chanyeol said. “You here for dinner together?”

“Yeah. Of course.” Haeun said. “I can bring everyone right?”

“Of course.” Chanyeol said. “I think Aunt Isabel will be thrilled. She just loves to cook for everyone.”

“Yeah.” Haeun nods. “Anyway, are we doing shopping?”

“Yah Park Haeun.” Chanyeol gave her a ttakbam. “We’ve already done it last week. Everything is bought and kept.”

“Did you get me a present?” She asked.

“No.” Chanyeol said and smiled.

“Aww...” She said and pouted.

“You’ll see. Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t.”

“You’re weird.”

“Not any weirder than you are.” Chanyeol said and Haeun laughed.

“Oh no.” Haeun suddenly thought of presents and realized that she hasn’t bought one for Chanyeol.

“What?”

“Nothing.” She said and fakes a smile. “I’m just going to look for Baekhyun.” She said and ran out of the kitchen and straight into the living room.

She ran and spots Baekhyun sitting on the couch, his eyes stuck on the TV.

“We have a situation.” She said.

“What?”

“I didn’t get a present for oppa.” Haeun said. “And Christmas is in two days!”

“Well, go get one then.” Baekhyun said.

“Most of the shops are closed Baek.” She said.

“Oh kkaebsong.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.” He said and smiled. “Well, what do you have in mind?”

“I have nothing in mind.”

“Well I do.” Baekhyun said.

“What is it?”

“Well… We can…” Baekhyun leans in and whispers into Haeun’s ear.

“That’s not a bad idea… The others join too?”

“Why not? The more the merrier.”

“Where are they anyway?”

“Outside. Jongdae have been singing ‘Do You Want to Build a Snowman’ since last night.” Baekhyun said and chuckled. “The others couldn’t stand it and brought him out to build his snowman.”

“He’s cute sometimes.”

“What about me?” Baekhyun asked.

“You’re jealous?” Haeun asked and smiled.

“KKaebsong.” Baekhyun pouted.

“What the hell is that anyway? I’ve heard you use that phrase like forever.”

“I’ll explain someday.” Baekhyun said. “Now let’s go find the others.”


“It’s cold.” Baekhyun said.

“It’s Christmas eve.” Haeun smiled and grabs Baekhyun’s hand.

“Well, we’ll be celebrating Christmas together this year, great huh?” Haeun asked.

“Well, why are we outside anyway? We should be at home, where it’s warmer.”

“Come on.” Haeun said and hits Baekhyun’s chest. “I just want to show you something.” She said.

“What?”

“You’ll see.” Haeun said and winked.

Haeun pulled Baekhyun’s hand and walked all the way to the park. She seems very excited whereas Baekhyun Is just confused.

“Whoa.” Baekhyun said when they finally reached their destination.

“It’s pretty right?”

“The prettiest I have ever seen.”

The both of them were pretty much staring at the huge Christmas tree that was there every year. Haeun had seen this every year, not missing a single year. She likes this place so much that she wouldn’t mind coming here every day.

“This is just…” Baekhyun was lost for words. “Brilliant.”

“Want to see something nicer?” Haeun asked.

“What could possibly be nicer than this?” Baekhyun asked and Haeun smiled.

“Follow me.” She said and pulled Baekhyun with her. “Tadah.”

It was an ice skating rink, with a lot of people skating around gracefully. Some were kids that were still trying to learn how to skate, some work around the ring like a pro and some were tumbling here and there, laughing at each other.

“Wanna go have a try?” Haeun asked.

“Nope, I’ll pass.”

“Why?” Haeun pouted.

“I’m not a fan of skating.” Baekhyun said. “Tried once, fell on my and it hurts.” He said and Haeun laughed.

“I’ll show you how. I’m a pro at this.” She said. “Chanyeol oppa always bring me here during Christmas.”

“Are you sure you want me to get inside?” Baekhyun asked again when they have done wearing the skates.

“Just get in. I’ll guide you.” Haeun said and holds Baekhyun’s hands.

“Yeah that’s the part that I’m worried about.” Baekhyun said and steps into the skating rink.

It was fine on the first few tries, the both of them were going slowly until Haeun started to speed up and she was teasing Baekhyun to catch up.

“Try to catch up.” Haeun said. “See if you can.”

“Yah!” Baekhyun was shocked when Haeun lets go of his hands. “What the…”

Haeun went speeding around the ring, she went one round, two rounds and three rounds around Baekhyun and the sped away again.

“Idiot.” Baekhyun said under his breath then he makes his way towards the side of the rink, just to prevent colliding with skaters skating around.

“Why are you sulking?” Haeun asked.

“You’re an idiot.” Baekhyun said.

“Sorry…” Haeun shrugged. “Let’s go again, this time slower.” She said and laughed.

“Fine with me.” Baekhyun said and follows Haeun to the middle of the rink and the two of them made their way around slowly.

“You’re doing fine.” Haeun said.

“I’m tired.” Baekhyun said. He was trying hard not to fall, he didn’t want to hurt his again. “Can we go eat something?”

“Like what? Most of the shops are closed.” Haeun said.

“Let’s get home.” Baekhyun said.

“Wait.” Haeun said and stopped Baekhyun. “I wanted to show you something.” She said and moved to the middle of the skating rink.

“What is it?”

“I have never told anyone but I used to want to be a skater.” Haeun said and blushed. “So I did practice a little bit, but nah, gave up.”

“Show me a few tricks.” Baekhyun said and leans on the railings around the rink.

“There’s not much people here… Okay.” Haeun said while glancing around. “Here goes.”

She began slowly around the rink then she speeds up. She did a few amazing pirouettes and an amazing triple-loop.

“Whoa…” Baekhyun was amazed. “How did you…”

“7 years of ballet did pay off.”

“You could make the national team.” Baekhyun said.

“Too late for that now.” Haeun said and laughed. “Come on, I’m hungry too. Let’s get home to eat some dinner!”

While they  were walking back home, Baekhyun’s phone rang, it was a text message. Baekhyun checked it and he sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Haeun asked.

“Long story.” He replied.

“Do you want to tell me?”

“Maybe later.” Baekhyun said and continues walking.

And that made Haeun even more curious. What secret is Baekhyun keeping from her? For the whole dinner Baekhyun looked tired and annoyed. His phone keep ringing with all that notification that made him go crazy.

“What is it?” Jongdae asked when he realized that Baekhyun was quiet that whole day.

“Nothing just you know… It’s THAT time of the year again.” He said.

“That time… Oh wait… .” Jongdae cursed.

“What? Oh no not this again…” Xiumin too was shaking his head.

“What is it?” Haeun asked.

“You didn’t tell her?” Kris asked.

“No.”

“You should have.” Jongdae said. “So that she wouldn’t misunderstand.”

“Misunderstand what?” Haeun is as lost as little Bo Beep’s sheep. “ Who are you guys talking about?

“My cousin sister.” Baekhyun said.

“She visits Baekhyun every time she’s on semester break. Which is usually on January.” Yixing said. “And she has a huge crush on Baekhyun like forever.”

“Oh…” Haeun said.

“And she’s mean.” Kris said.

“Noisy.” Yixing added.

“Annoying.” Xiumin said.

“Don’t forget an ultimate .” Baekhyun too, joined in the cursing.

“A pain in the neck!” Jongdae finished.

“Whoa… Surely she’s not THAT bad.” Haeun said.

“Oh, wait till you meet her.” Jongdae said. “She usually sleeps at Baekhyun’s dorm and he moves over to me and Xiumin.”

“And now since you’re here, I think she’ll freak out.” Kris said.

“And maybe she’ll stop bothering Baekhyun.” Yixing added.

“Ohhh she is sure to flip when she knows we’re together.” Baekhyun said.

“And that sounds scary…” Haeun said. She is NOT looking forward into meeting Baekhyun’s cousin now.


Whoa four months of not updating... o.O

I AM SO SORRY!!! I was busy studying and there are so many exams made just for us like next month I'll be having an exam and then November another exam...

WHAT THE HECK!