Chapter 14

I Love You Roommate

Haeun opened her eyes and looks at Baekhyun who was sleeping beside her. She was tightly wrapped in his warm embrace and the best part is, this isn’t a dream. She reached out and touches his lips, kissing it gently and she smiled. She fixes his messy fringe and stares at him.

Baekhyun moved a little and Haeun immediately shuts her eyes and stayed still, pretending to be still asleep. Baekhyun rubs his eyes and looked at Haeun. He smiles and kisses her forehead.

“Look at you.” He said. “Drooling while sleeping.”

“I am not drooling!” Haeun’s eyes shot open.

“I knew you’re not sleeping.” Baekhyun chuckled lightly. “I know you so well Haeun.”

Haeun pouts and poked Baekhyun’s cheeks. “Go brush your teeth.”

“You go brush yours.” Baekhyun said.

“You first.”

“No, you!”

“But I don’t want to.” Haeun said and pulled the blankets over her head. “It’s cold.”

“Fine.” Baekhyun said and get out of bed. “I’ll go first.”

Just as he was about to walk to the bathroom, Haeun grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.

“I want to cuddle a little bit more.” She said while blushing.

“Then why didn’t you say so?” Baekhyun said and jumped back into bed.

“It’s been almost a month that I wanted to tell you this.” Haeun said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Baekhyun asked. “We could have been dating for a month by now.”

“I was shy. Besides, who knows if you would reject me and we could be awkward.” Haeun said. “And you! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I guess we both just have the same reasons.” Baekhyun said and smiled a little.

“Baekhyun, Haeun! Are you guys awake! We need to move now.” Jongdae said while banging on the door.

“Mood killer.” Baekhyun said. “In a minute!” He shouted and both he and Haeun jumped out of bed.

“We are so doomed.” Haeun said while giggling.

“It’s not the first time we’re late.” Baekhyun said and laughed.

“We should not be placed in the same room ever.” Haeun said and laughed while walking towards the bathroom.

15 minutes later they were all settled. The others were quite shocked at the speed of them getting ready and Jongdae was starting to think that Baekhyun did not shower.

“Excuse me.” Baekhyun said when Chen got closer to him and was trying to sniff at his shirt. “I showered okay. I don’t want to get shouted by Haeun.”

“He showered.” Haeun said and nods her head. “I was outside of the bathroom door the whole time.”

“Alright, alright.” Jongdae said and pouted. “Let’s go.”

“Where?” Haeun asked.

“Anywhere?” Kris asked and he looked at Haeun.

“Fine…” She said and walked up in front. “Just don’t get lost.”

She took them to places, from parks, to the Buckingham Palace and the Eye of London. And at the end of the day, all of them were exhausted.

“Let’s get back.” Yixing said. “It’s almost dinner time.”

“Hold on.” Haeun said and took out her phone. “Let me call someone.” She said and dialed Chanyeol’s number.

“Hello?”

“Oppa! I’m in London right now.” Haeun said.

“Are you coming back? Because if you are, Aunt Isabel is sure to cook a lot.” Chanyeol said. “And I’m hungry already.

“Uhh… I planned to go back.” She said and looked at the others. “But umm… I have a little bit of problem here.”

“What?”

“I have like 5 more friends with me here, so if we’re having dinner over there…”

“Is that Haeun calling?” She can hear her aunt asking from behind.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol said. “She’s back in London.”

“Will she come back here?”

“She’ll bring five more friends with her.” Chanyeol answered.

“Oh! Well then, I guess we’ll be having guests!” Haeun heard Aunt Isabel said.

“You sure you can cope with the cooking?” Chanyeol asked.

“Oh of course, do you know who I am?” Haeun heard Aunt Isabel said and chuckled.

“Of course of course, you’re Aunt Isabel.” Chanyeol said. “Anyway… Who’s your friends?”

“Uhm…” Haeun didn’t know how to tell Chanyeol that she’s bringing four friends and a BOYFRIEND home. “You’ll see later.”

“Okay…” Chanyeol sounded unsure. “What time would you be here?”

“Around 7 maybe?” Haeun said.

“Alright then.” Chanyeol said. “I’ll see you later.”

“Well…?” Xiumin looked at Haeun and asked.

“Looks like we’re going to my place.” Haeun said and everyone smiled.

“Can we invade your room?” Jongdae asked.

“No.” Haeun said.

“Can I try speaking English to your aunt and uncle?” Baekhyun asked.

“Gosh, no.” Haeun said.

“Fine…” Baekhyun pouted and Haeun smiled.

“Try to use small words on Chanyeol oppa, he tends to over-react.” Haeun said.

“I understand how you feel.” Baekhyun said. “After living next door to Jongdae for almost 10 years, you’ll know the definition of over-react.”

“Excuse me, why do I hear my name?” Jongdae asked.

“None of your business.” Baekhyun said and pushed him away.


Haeun took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. She had the keys but she just wanted to see Chanyeol’s reaction.

“Coming!” She heard Chanyeol’s perfect English and she fixed her hair a little bit.

Chanyeol opened the door and once he saw Haeun, his eyes widen and a smile came up.

“You’re early!” He said and gave Haeun a hug.

“You taught me to always be early.” Haeun replied.

“And they are…?” Chanyeol realized the other five people standing behind her.

“Oh… They are my college mates and we’re here for vacation.” Haeun said.

“Oh! Come in come in.” Chanyeol said and invited them in. “You didn’t say it was all guys.” He whispered into Haeun’s ear.

“I’m sorry.” Haeun whispered back. “I knew that you’ll freak out.”

“You’ve got a lot of explanations to do you know.” Chanyeol said.

“Later.” Haeun said. “Now let me just get to Aunt Isabel.” She said and ran towards the kitchen.

The five guests can hear the loud squealing coming out of the kitchen and Baekhyun smiled. Haeun is always so excited when she talked about her aunt and now when she is finally able to see her, she is totally excited.

“So…” Chanyeol came into the living room and the atmosphere went awkward. “What major are you guys studying again?”

“I’m Baekhyun and me and Haeun studied in the same major.” Baekhyun stood up and said.

“Ah… So you two are close friends?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah… Something like that.”

“And I’m Jongdae. Actually all of us are in the music club so that’s why we’re having this trip together.” Jongdae said and Chanyeol looked at him.

“Haeun is in the music club?”

“Yeah.” Jongdae nodded.

“Wow… Never knew she can sing.” He said and immediately received a smack from the back. “Oww!”

“Excuse me, I am molded to be a singer.” Haeun said. “Aunt said that dinner would be ready in 10 minutes.”

“Gee fine…” Chanyeol said and massaged his head. “Don’t have to hit me that hard.” He mumbled.

“Say what again?” Haeun asked.

“Nothing, nothing.” He said and went to the kitchen.

“Your brother is kinda scary.” Jongdae said.

“He’s fine.” Haeun said. “He’s a nice person once you get to know him.”

“When are you planning on telling about us?” Baekhyun whispered.

“Maybe later.” She said and nods.