Skin Care Tips

K-Pop Audition/Trainee Questions

Hello everyone! I got a co-author :D Yayyyy! She's going to help me write future chapters and brainstorm ideas :D

 

Hihi Asianfanfics' world of potential K-idols! I'm your new co author, MusicLover7901!! Feel free to message me anytime because I'm online quite often and I won't bite :)

 

As you may or may not have noticed, K-pop idols all seem to have flawless skin. Granted, they are all most probably wearing a lot of concealer and foundation, they still need to have reasonably clear skin.

This chapter has a few basic skincare tips or rules to follow in order to have flawless 

Disclaimer: I am not a professional but these are a few things I have done and seen results for. They might not have the same effect on you as they did on me, but these are just recommended things to try. 

 

The first step to getting skin like Girls' Generation or After School is to avoid touching your face throughout the day. This is something that is really important, because unnecessary contact could cause pimples or discoloured skin. Of course, discoloured skin is a little extreme but it is possible. Acne on the other hand, can be caused by a number of factors but I'll go into more detail about that later. When you can, if you have longer hair, tie it up and keep it out of your face. Although a lot of people pin their bangs up because they find them annoying, others also to this because leaving your bangs on your forehead can cause acne.

 

Wash your face twice a day. Once in the morning, after you shower or before you go out and once at night, before you go to sleep. A tip on doing this is getting a cleanser that is suited for your skin type. If you have dry skin, get a cleanser for dry skin. If you have oily skin, get a cleanser for oily skin. You get the picture. 

 

A lot of people I know don't actually know their skin types so here is how I found out mine; I washed my face with warm water and patted it dry before leaving my skin for an hour and staying in a room that wasn't too cold or hot (yes I know this sounds exhausting... :P). After that hour was up, I gently touched the skin on my face to see if it felt dry, oily, normal, or a combination. 

 

For all you people with combination skin, don't stress about getting a cleanser. The only thing you have to do is look out for a cleanser with dual properties. Oily cheeks and dry T-zone? No problem! When buying a cleanser, you should ask the people working there what they have specifically for your skin type, otherwise if you chose it for something completely wrong and have a skin problem, you might make it worse. 

 

So now, I will finally talk about acne. I'm not exactly sure how it's caused, but I can say some factors that lead to it.

  • Hair on your face consistantly and for long amounts of time
  • Oily or greasy foods
  • Lack of hydration (not 100% sure about this one but it came up a few times when I was researching.) 

 

Hello! This is kpoptrainees and my few quick tips/warnings on skin care :D

1. People, your pores do not open and close depending on the temperature of the water! There are no muscles in your pores that actually enable it to open and close. It only appears "open" because you have junk in it! Therefore, do not waste time trying to wash your face with different temperatures, it doesn't do anything really. Just find a temperature of water that you like (I prefer warm water) and use it :D

2. There's this "beauty secret" going around that if you don't wipe your face after you wash your face, your face becomes more mousterized because you allow water to absorb into your skin. This is absolutely not true -- In fact, it makes your skin more dry if you don't wipe your face because all the water molecules join together with the natural oils and evaporate together, making your face drier than before! Don't make this mistake -- just simply wipe your face when you are done :)

3. The reason Koreans have such nice skin is really simple -- partially genetics and the fact that they use a LOT and a LOT of skin care products. Though diet, exercise, and sleep plays an important role, skin care products do wonders much more and quicker. (I'm just saying because I have a terrible diet -- the ol' American diet with junk food, soda, fried chicken -- and I rarely exercise. The reason why I don't get acne is because of genetics. I know what you are thinking, "There's no hope now that its about genetics." That's not necessarily the case. If you are in your teen years, your acne is simply a part of your puberty -- don't worry, you'll most likely grow out of it. If not, just purchase expensice skin care products (courtesy of Ga-in from BEG)

4. Mud masks are heavenly! I use them every other day (or every day if I feel like staying in the bathroom for that long) and they do wonders by out junk from your pores :D My daily routine is as follows: Cleansing (some sort of wash that cleanse well) --> Likas Whitening Soap -->  Mud Mask :DDD --> Aveeno Exfoilating Wash --> Brightening Cream (except, I only added the Brightening Cream because I needed to get rid of it)

 

As always, leave a comment below if you have any questions or PM me :D Byeee~~~