Chapter 8

So Far Away, But Yet So Close

D.O and Kai stare at Tao his body that get's dragged away into the ambulance. ''Will he survive?'' Kai asks one of the docters. The docter doesn't answer and leads them into the ambulance. They take a seat and the ambulance drives away, to the hospital.

D.O texts all the EXO members, including Kris.

'We found Tao. He got hit by a bus. We are on our way to the hospital.'

With tears in his eyes he sends it. Kai stares at D.O his phone. ''You sended it to Kris..'' he says. D.O his eyes get bigger thsn they allready where. ''I did?'' Kai nods. ''Yes you did.''

 

 

Kris his phone buzzes. ''What is that?'' Jessica asks him. Kris get's his phone and reads the new text. His mouth falls open. Then he jumps off his chair. The chair falls with a bang on the floor. ''What's wrong Kris?'' Jessica asks him. Kris drops his phone. ''Tao...'' He shakes his head and he get's tears in his eyes.

He sees Tao laying on a hospital bed, covered in blood. ''Kris..'' Tao whispers. Then Tao closes his eyes.. and he never opens them again.

Kris shakes his head again. ''I-I have to go.'' He stutters. ''Bye Jessica.'' In a hurry he leaves the coffee shop. He runs to his home. Tears drip all over his face. Tao. His poor Tao. When he arrives at home he goes to his room. He locks himself up.

The room is cold. Very cold. Kris let's himself fall on the bed. He puts his hands on his head and cries himself to sleep.

 

''Tao?''

Kai pats Tao his head. D.O stands next to him with tears in his eyes.

''Tao?''

Tao opens his eyes. He blinks a couple of times and looks at the two boys next to his bed. ''Is this heaven? Are you two also dead?'' Kai smiles. ''No, Tao. We're not death and you're also not death.'' ''Dammit...'' Tao closes his eyes again. D.O lays his hand on Tao his chest. ''Tao... I know you're still sad about Kris, but please.. don't do this to yourself.'' He cries again. ''I don't want you to be death..'' Tao his lip trembles. ''Sorry, Kyungsoo...''

 

The other EXO members enter the room. ''TAO!'' Chanyeol yells. ''YOU'RE ALIVE!'' He runs to Tao and hugs him. The other members also hug Tao. ''Don't ever do this again to us you weird panda! We almost got a heartattack!'' Chanyeol jumps around the room. ''Chanyeol... calm down please..'' Chen says. Chanyeol stops jumping. ''Sorry...'' Tao smiles. ''I'm sorry guys.. I just can't forget Kris..'' ''We understand..'' Luhan grabs a chair. ''But Tao.. he won't come back..'' Tao nods. ''I know..'' Luhan slaps on Tao his shoulder. ''I think I and the other EXO members should leave. Tao nods. ''Bye.''

 

Jessica knocks on Kris' door. ''Go away..'' Kris says, while hiding under his blanket. ''Kris! It's Jessica! Open the door!'' Kris rolls out of his bed. Slowly he get's up. With his hands in his hair he walks to the door and he opens it with his ellbow. Jessica holds his phone infront of him. ''You forgot this..'' Kris takes it. ''Thanks'' He walks to his bed and let's himself fall on it. Jessica stares at him.

''You shall call him.'' she says. ''Call who?'' Kris asks. ''Tao..'' Kris stares at Jessica. He doesn't say anything. ''Just call him Kris,'' Jessica says. She closes the door and leaves without saying goodbye.

Kris stares at his phone. He wipes his sticky hair out of his wet face and grabs the phone. Slowly he presses some buttons. He holds the phone next to his ear. He waits in silence for a couple of seconds and then he hears Tao his voice.

 

''Hi, Kris.''