Chapter 7

So Far Away, But Yet So Close

The EXO members are sitting in the living room. D.O is listening to music, Kai is talking to Lay about dancing, Baekhyun is eating some bacon and the others are watching TV. When D.O his song ends he asks something.

''Where is Tao?''

Lay his eyes get big. He looks up to D.O. ''Do you know where he is, Lay?'' D.O asks. Lay shakes his head, while thinking about what happend in the bathroom.

''It's allready 11PM,'' Kai says. ''Where can that person be?'' ''I guess he is in a stripclub or something,'' Baekhyun says with a pokerface, while taking a bite of his bacon. Luhan starts laughing like crazy. ''Oh my god! A stripclub?'' Baekhyun grins. ''It's possible.'' D.O shakes his head. ''I don't think he is in a stripclub, Baekhyun.. Wait! I'm gonna call him.''

D.O get's his phone and he calls Tao. After 10 seconds he put's his phone away. ''Voicemail.''

 

At the same time Kris is video chatting with Jessica.

''Hey, Jessica! How are you?''

''Hey, Hey! Oh, I'm fine! How about you?''

''Haha, I'm fine to! Yah~ I'm so bored''

''You are? Me too! Come, let's go drink something together! Like coffee or something! I pay''

''Sure! sounds fun! But I pay, okay! I'll pick you up in a minute!''

He shuts down his computer and get's his coat. He is allready excited to see Jessica again.

 

''Yah~ Where is that person! Seriously!'' D.O is walking in circles. You can see he is really nervous. ''Tao is never this late!''

The EXO members stare at D.O. ''We can search him..'' Sehun says. D.O looks at him. ''That's a great idea! Let's split up and search for that idiot!'' Kai jumps off the couch. ''I'll search together with you, D.O''

They make couples and walk around in the city.

 

''Taooooo'' Sehun and Luhan are looking around in the mall. ''Maybe he is buying a Gucci bag,'' Sehun says to Luhan who is almost screaming his lungs out. They both start to laugh. ''Yeah, i guess that's it.''

''Tao! Where are you you idiot!'' Baekhyun and Chanyeol are walking through some streets. ''It's so dark here..'' Chanyeol says. ''I'm scared.'' Baekhyun grins. ''Don't be scared, I'm with you!'' He grabs Chanyeol his hand. ''I'll protect you.''

D.O and Kai walk down the road. With the lights from their phones they look into the darkness. ''Where can that person be?'' Kai asks. ''There is nothing to do outside at this time.'' D.O looks at Kai. ''I really don't know man, I think-'' He stops talking and his eyes get really wide. ''What's that?'' He whispers. ''What's what?'' Kai asks, while scratching his head. ''That..'' With a shaky hand, D.O points at a trail of blood on the ground. Kai drops his phone. ''Holy ..''

 

Kris and Jessica are sitting in a small cafe. Kris takes a sip of his coffee. ''I'm glad I met you,'' he says. Jessica giggles. ''Aww, you're so sweet!'' Kris laughs. ''No you are sweet.'' At that moment someone walks into the cafe. It's Jake.. ''Oh look who we got here.. Jessica and our Korean superstar.'' ''Seriously, Jake! What is your problem?'' Jessica looks at Jake. ''I'm just fooling around honey,'' Jake pinches her cheek. ''She is not your honey, ''Kris says. ''Oh really? Well, is she yours than? I bet not, gay boy. You can't get a girl like her. You-'' Jessica interups him. ''Yeah, I'm HIS honey! Now go away.'' Jake almost chokes. He get's red and walks away.

''Sorry for that,'' Jessica says to Kris who is staring at her with wide eyes. ''And sorry for saying we are a couple... I just-'' ''Shht! It's okay, I guess..'' In  an awkward silence they stare at eachother. ''Uhmm.. Kris..'' ''Hmmm?'' ''Maybe.. we can go on a date once..'' Jessica says, while blushing. Kris nods. ''That will be fun.''

 

Kai and D.O follow the bloodtrail. They holds eachothers hands and they are both shaking. ''Kai, I'm scared.'' Kai doesn't reply to D.O. He stares at the trail. It is coming to it's end. ''Look..'' D.O whispers, while pointing at a bus. There is nobody in it and the bloodtrail stops in front of it. A couple of meters infront of the bus they stop walking. ''I don't want to look,'' D.O says scared. Kai scratches his head. ''I... I'll look.'' Slowly he walks to the bus. D.O watches him disappear in the dark, behind the big bus. He closes his eyes. He is scared about what Kai will find behind it. Then he hears a gasp and a scream from Kai.

 

''TAO!!''