Chapter 13

So Far Away, But Yet So Close

Tao stares at his lap. Lay is sitting next to him. ''We could also just stay outside.. waiting for the rest.'' Tao says. Lay looks at him. ''Do you still feel awkward about what happend?'' Tao doesn't answer. He stares infront of him. ''Tao?'' Lay lays his hand on Tao's lap. Tao sights. ''I do feel awkward.'' Lay tries to remove his hand, but Tao grabs it very fast. ''Not because of what happend,but...''

He stared at Lay. ''I'm starting to like you.'' Lay his eyes get big. ''T-Ta-'' Tao interups Lay by kissing him on his lips. He takes his hyung's underlip between his and he closes his eyes. Lay looks at his younger fellow bandmember and then he slowly closes his eyes, enjoying the sweet taste of Tao his soft lips.

 

Jessica gets the letter and the ticket out of the envelope. In silence she reads the letter. Kris looks at her with big eyes.  When she is done reading she trows the letter on the ground. She holds the ticket with both her hands. ''Do you care more about Tao or about me?'' ''You of course'' Kris says. Jessica blinks a couple of times. ''Then you don't need this. She rips the ticket apart. Kris watches the small pieces of paper that fly around in the air. His eyes fill with tears. He did want to go back to Korea.. to see Tao.

 

Chen and Chanyeol get out of the boat. ''See I'm not gay!'' Chen yells. Chanyeol stares at his hyung. ''Yes I noticed that.. ALL YOU COULD TALK ABOUT WAS HOW Y SNSD LOOKS WHEN THEY PRACTICE DANCING!'' Chen grins dirty. At that moment HunHan gets out of their boat. Luhan his hair is messy and Sehun has a small bite mark in his neck. Chanyeol and Chen look at eachother with their eyebrows raised like they are trying to say 'i know what naughty things happend in that boat..' ''Aish~ that boat was boring'' Luhan says like nobody knows that he had a make out session with the maknae. ''We know what happend in that boat..'' Chanyeol says. Luhan his eyes get big.

Then the last boat arrives. Lay and Tao are acting like nothing happend. They have icy looks on their faces. ''How was it?'' Sehun asks. ''Ok I guess'' Tao bites his lip.

It's evening. Tao is sitting on his bed, eating a bucket of ice cream. Yes.. a bucket. Like in the morning he is sitting in his underwear and he is watching his favourite show. The door opens and Lay walks in. He lets himself fall on the bed. ''Thank you..'' he says. Tao puts the ice cream away. ''Thank you?'' ''For liking me.'' Lay blushes. Tao stares at him.

He really likes Lay hyung, but he also likes Kris. What if Kris is really coming to Korea.. and he is with Lay at that time. That will be a dissaster! He likes Kris more..

Tao lays his hand in Lay his neck. ''You are not Kris.'' He scratches Lay his neck. ''No, I'm not Kris.'' Lay says. ''But Kris isn't here anymore.'' ''I send Kris a ticket to Korea. Maybe he will come back.'' ''But what if he doesn't come back?'' ''But maybe he does.''

Lay bends to Tao. He stops when his lips almost touch his. ''Kris is in Canada. He has a new life and he is dating this girl he keeps posting about. He won't come back.'' He kisses Tao. Tao keeps his eyes opend whilie kissing and he doesnt move his lips. Lay his words keep replaying in his mind.

He is dating this girl.

He won't come back.

I'm not Kris, but Kris isn't here anymore.

Lay leans back ''Something wrong?'' Tao shakes his head slowly. ''There is nothing.'' Lay grins and he kisses Tao again.

 

Kris is standing infront of his window. He stares at the children that are playing tag on the street. He hears the sound of hig heels on a wooden floor. The sounds get louder and then he feels two hands on his belly and a head leaning on his back. ''You still like Tao, don't you?'' Jessica's voice asks. Kris doesn't answer. Jessica let's Kris go. ''I know you like that boy. I know you don't like me.'' Kris feels a shock going through his body. ''How do you know?'' he asks with a cool voice. ''I saw pictures and letters in your room.''

There is a short silence.

Then Jessica hands him an envelope. ''Open it when I left the house..'' Kris staresat the envelope. Jessica starts talking. ''You should forget me and go to Tao. I'll miss you Kris. Goodbye.'' Without turning around he hears Jessica walking away. The door opens and 2 seconds later it closes. Kris looks at the small white envelope she handed his. He opens it and get's out what is in it.

 

A ticket to South-Korea.