Chapter 15

So Far Away, But Yet So Close

Kris arives at the airport. Many people walk around him on their way to their planes. Some people stare at him and others just bump into him. Suddenly he walks into a girl. ''Oh, sorry I didn't- Jessica?'' He stares at his ex-girlfriend. ''I came to wave you goodbye, oppa.'' She hugs him. ''Have a nice flight and.. goodluck with Tao.'' She smiles and leaves Kris. Kris freezes. He drops his suitcase. It opens when it hits the hard floor. Some clothes and two pictures fall out of it. He pushes the clothes in the suitcase and then he grabs the two pictures. One picture is a picture he made with Tao at their first performance with EXO. The other picture is a picture of him and Jessica. He stares at both pictures. When he looks at Jessica he feels a pain in his heart. Now he realises he has feelings for her..

Tao kisses Lay. ''I want you to sleep in my bed tonight.. with me..'' Lay grins and puts the blanket around them. ''I will.'' He rolls of Tao and ends up next to him. He rubs his thumb on Tao his face. ''I love you, my panda boy.'' Then he closes his eyes. Tao looks at his hyung and then he whispers ''I love you too..''

Kris rips the picture of him and Jessica apart and trows it in the air. He has to go to Tao now.

He get's into the airplane and goes sit on his seat. The seat next to him is taken by a man. The man looks 35 years old and he also looks poor. ''Hello.'' Kris says. The man doesn't say a thing. Kris get's his earplugs out of his pocket and starts listening to his favourite songs. He sights and thinks about what will happen. How will Tao react?

 

Tao wakes up. He looks on his phone to see what the time is. 8AM. He turns around and then he sees Lay next to him. Tao feels bad. It feels like he is using Lay. He get's out of bed and walks to the shower. He turns it on and steps under it. He lets the warm water flow over his body. ''Kris... I miss you..''

Kris places his hands infront of his face, when his eyes fill with tears. The sound of Jessica's favourite songs fills up his ears. He can't believe he acctualy has feelings for her. He rips his earplugs out of his ears and he trows them next to him. A tear rolls down his cheek and falls on his jeans. The man next to him moves his head to him. ''Are you ok young man?'' Kris wipes the tears of his face and looks at the man who is holding a tissue. Kris takes the tissue, but he only stares at it. ''Now tell me what's wrong.''

Kris tells the story to the nice man. When he finishes the man grabs a backpack from under his chair. He zips it open and get's something out of it. ''I have something that can make you feel better.'' Kris' eyes get wide. ''But you have to pay for it..'' The man gets a small plastic bag out of the backpack.'' ''Is that drugs?!'' Kris says almost yelling. The man puts his hand infront of Kris'mouth. ''Shhht! Yes it is'' he whispers. ''20 bucks and it's yours.'' Kris stares at the small bag that the stranger is holding. Then he get's 20 dollars out of his pocket. ''I'll take it.''

 

After many hours of flying he finally arives in Seoul, South Korea. He leaves the airport and walks up to a place where you can rent cars. While paying the car he realises something. In 30 minutes he sees Tao again..

''Thank you.'' He takes the car keys and walks up to a shiny silver car. He opens the door and let's himself fall on the car chair. He takes a deep breath and sights. ''Get yourself together Kris.'' he tells himself. ''There is no way back now.'' He starts the car and starts driving.

He looks at the large building in the city, while drving. Then he turns on the radio. Right at the point he turns it on a familiar song starts playing. Jessica's favourite song.. The depresive feels get back again. His brown eyes fill with tears and he can't focus anymore. He looks to the chair on his right. A small plastic back lays on it. The bag with the drugs. He grabs it and looks at it. He has no idea what kind of drugs it is, but the man said it will make hi feel better. He opens it very carefully and then he takes the drugs. In a minute he feels really dizzy. He sees everything double. He lays his head at steering wheel and his eye sight disappears. He can't see a thing, but in his head he sees all kind of colours. He hears a buzzing sound in his ears and right before he turns deaf he hears something.

The sound of horns and his car crashing into something.