Part 9

In The Same Storm

              “What’s wrong with Pie, Aunty?” asked Kim to Pie’s mom when Pie got hospitalized.

            Pie’s mom glared at Kim. Her eyes reflected that she’s dislike Kim. “You know that I dislike you from a long ago, right, Kim?”

            Kim nodded. “Yes, I remember it, Aunty.”

            “Do you still remember the accident 10 years ago?”

            Kim nodded again. “Yes, Aunty.”

            “She had a trauma because of that. A few days after that day, she woke up and looked fine, but when I was asked about you and that accident, she didn’t remember at all. The doctor was said that she got amnesia traumatic which she can’t remember a scene that hurt her and the person too. Well, to be honest, I was relieved because she didn’t remember you, but a few times she woke up at night and cried out loud. She told me that she had a nightmare and her heart hurt after that. That was caused her cried. I thought that she’s really forgetting you, but I was wrong. That nightmare was about that accident, even though she didn’t know who the other kid and why she had that nightmare more than thrice, but it worried me.

            Then Pie’s dad met your dad again after we were moved to our new house. I was tried my best to keep Pie stay away from you, that was why I forced Pie’s dad to moved out from our old house after the accident. Accidently, Pie’s new campus was the same as you. It worried me, you know and here we are, at the hospital. You made Pie got hospitalized again. Maybe Pie’s dad okay with you, but I’m not. Tell me honestly, do you like Pie?” Pie’s mom glared at Kim seriously.

            Kim nodded for sure. “Yes, Aunty. I tried to deny it many times, but I can’t foolish myself. She’s too adorable to be ignore.” Kim answered without hesitate.

            “Leave her. I can’t accept this relationship, you know. What would you expect to this kind of relationship? You give her nothing. You’re only made her hurt. If you really like her and want her to be happy, leave her then. It’s better for her. So, stay away from her and don’t be too closed to her again. Get it, Kim?”

            “What if I won’t do it, Aunty?” Kim looked disagree and a little bit mad.

            When Pie’s mom wanted to answered, Pie’s voice heard by them.

            “Kim! Where’s Kim? Kim!”

            Kim ran in to Pie’s room. “What’s wrong, Pie?”

            “Kim!” Pie hugged her. “Thank God, you’re safe. I thought I lose you already. Stay with me, Kim. Stay with me.”

            Kim hugged her back. “I’m not gonna going anywhere, Pie. Relax, Pie, calm down.”

            Pie’s mom watched them with dislike look. The doctor went nearer her.

            “Seems like Pie remembered everything now, but we still need to do some checked.”

            Pie’s mom just nodded. She still can’t understand why Pie liked Kim so much. When so many guys out there that liked Pie. She really hates the same gender relationship because she thought that against the rules of society. I’ll never give you permission to be closed to my daughter again, Kim, said Pie’s mom in her mind.