Part 6

In The Same Storm

          “Morning.” Pie smiles brightly to Kim as she walked out from bathroom with only a towel on her body.

            Kim got speechless saw that and unconsciously gulped. She can’t take her eyes off from Pie. She just realized that Pie so hot.

            “What’s wrong, Kim?” Pie asked on her innocent mode.

            “Huh? Emm… nothing.” Kim face blushed. She got embarrassed.

            “Your face become red, Kim. Are you sure you’re okay?” still just used a towel, Pie came nearer Kim, touched her forehead. Meanwhile, Kim’s frozen.

            “You’re not burning, Kim. So, what’s wrong?” Pie looked at Kim with her serious face.

            Kim cleared . “Are you not gonna use your cloth?” She can’t stare Pie. So, she chosen to looked at the veranda.

            “Ah, I forget.” Pie chuckled then she just realized why Kim blushed. “Am I too hot to handle, Kim?” she tried to tease Kim.

            Kim startled when Pie bitted her lips, still tried to . “Why, Kim? Don’t tell me that you like me?” Pie giggled then burst out laugh. “Your face looks so funny, Kim.”

            Kim smirked. “Oh yeah?” she stood up and faced Pie who lost her laughed.

            “What are you doing, Kim?” Pie started to panic because Kim looked so serious.

            “What if I truly like you, Pie?”

            Kim made Pie walked backward and driven her into a corner. Pie became scared. Totally scared.

            “Kim, stop your joke, please….” Pie sounded begged.

            Kim smirked again. Actually, her smirked were a charming one. “I’m not joking, Pie. You’re so beautiful, how can I not like you?”

            As Kim’s face got closer to Pie’s face, Pie closed her eyes, holding in her tears. “Why you’re closed your eyes, Pie? Are you expected me to kiss you or what?” Kim’s voice back to normal, her cold sides then she pulled back her body from Pie. Kim can’t control her laugh.

            “I was kidding, Pie. You’re taken my joke too serious. You must see your face, you were looks so scare.” Kim laughed again. She’s totally happy.

            Meanwhile Pie’s not that happy. She’s mad. Her eyes glared at Kim, if her eyes were a laser, maybe Kim will be dead by now. Kim stops her laugh because she smells the danger from Pie.

            “Em… I’m gonna take a shower.” Kim walked to the bathroom. She tried to look cool.

            “Are you happy joking likes that, Kim? Do you know how scare I was?” Pie burst her anger to Kim and she can’t hold her tears again.

            Kim sighs and faces Pie. She looked guilty. “Sorry, Pie, but it was you who started it. Sorry, I wasn’t mean to make you scare. Sorry….” Kim tried to touch Pie’s arm, but Pie’s hand just slapped Kim’s right cheek.

            Kim took a deep breath, tried to calm her down. Her eyes became cold. “Satisfied? Now, I really know that you’re scared with tom.”

            Pie saw hatred on Kim’s eyes. She hurts Kim. Kim slammed the door when she walked out from their room, left Pie who sobbed.

 

             It has been a week since Kim and Pie quarrel. Kim didn’t comeback to their room, even in the class, Kim won’t saw Pie. She back to be a cold person and it made Pie sad. Boy felt something wrong with his friend.

            “Did you and Kim fight?” asked Boy when Jane wasn’t around.

            Pie who has taken a glance to Kim, surprised with Boy question.

            “Huh? We didn’t.” Pie lied, but her lied wasn’t good enough to make Boy believed her.

            “You’re not good at lying, Pie. So, tell me, what’s wrong with you two?”

            Pie sighs. She knows that she can trust Boy, that’s why she told Boy the day that she and Kim fought.

            “OMG, Pie! You’re overreacting, you know. She was just kidding and she was right, it was you who started it first. So, why you’re mad with her? And slapped her too. Oh my God! No wonder she’s ignore you,” said Boy when Pie ends her story.

            “But, Boy, I was scare. Try to understand my position please.”

            Boy sighs. “Okay, you were scare, but what do you think now? Are you scare that she’s might like you? Or you’re scare that you might like her?”

            Pie got speechless. She didn’t know how to respond that questions. Meanwhile Boy knew that his questions hit it on Pie.

            “Well, Pie, just ignore her too then. This is the best way for you.”

            Pie took a glance to Kim again who looked out through window as usual. Ignore you? Thought Pie. Suddenly, Kim turned her head and has realized that Pie stared at her. Pie didn’t try to turn her head to another way. They ended stared at each other, until someone broke their attention.

            “Kim!”

            Pie turned her head and saw Yam walked toward Kim. What is she doing here? Said Pie on her mind with some kind of anger. Pie can’t take her eyes off from them. Boy saw it then .

            “Jealous, huh?”

            Pie faces Boy on panic mode. “No, I’m not!”

            “You know what, Pie? The stronger you deny it, the stronger the truth is.”

            “I’m not, Boy,” said Pie persistent.

            Boy rolled his eyes. “Yeah, whatever, Pie. I’m outta from here. Are you just gonna staying her, Pie?”

            Pie sighs and stands from her chair, walks out from class to the canteen. Jane and Van were already in the canteen, as they saw Pie and Boy they wave their hands to them.

            “Just with Van, Pie.” Boy whispered to Pie’s ear and got slapped on his back from Pie. “Hahahaha what’s wrong?” He asked with his innocent face.

            “Stop it!” Pie mumbled.

            “What’s wrong with you two?” asked Van who looked curious.

            “Nothing much, Van, just Pie who fell in love with someone,” said Boy as he sat in front of Jane and Van.

            Pie stamped his right foot. “Aw! Why you stamp my foot, Pie?”

            “Oh, really? Sorry, it was accident. Sorry, Boy.” Pie talked with calm, but Boy knows her true intention.

            “With who, Pie?” asked Jane with curious look, so do with Van.

            “Ah, no one. Boy just kidding, right Boy?” Pie glared at Boy with her murderous look; say-yes-or-you’ll-die glared to be exact.

            Boy giggled. “Yeah, I was kidding.”

            “Ei, I thought you’re really fallen in love, Pie,” said Jane.

            Van looked a little bit disappointed. Ah, I thought she fell in love with me, thought Van.

            “Is she Kim’s girlfriend?” said Jane. Her eyes reflected her jealousy.

            Kim walked in to the canteen with Yam on her side, Yam wrapped her hand around Kim’s left arm. Pie chooses not to look at them and gone to order her lunch. Yam saw her as she walked back to her table. Yam dragged Kim to Pie and her friends table.

            “Pie, right? Still remember me?” Yam said with her cheerful smile.

            Pie smiles back and it was kinda awkward. “Yeah, Yam, hi.”

            “Thankfully you’re still remembering me. Can we join here?”

            Kim stared Yam with disagree. “We can sit there, Yam.”

            “Oh, Kim, stop being so unsocial like that. Just sit here.” Yam who already sat pulled Kim’s arm so she sat beside Yam. “What do you want for lunch, Kim?”

            “I’m not hungry.”

            “Kim….” Yam pouts her lips.

            Pie rolled her eyes and Boy saw that. “Someone is jealous.” Boy whispered on Pie’s left ear, and Pie glared Boy, enough to kill him.

            “Aw! You’re killing me, Pie,” said Boy while touching his left chest.

            Pie hit Boy’s arm. “Stop it or I’ll kill you for sure.”

            Boy chuckled. “Yes, madam.”

            “Ah, pardon me,” Yam spoke again. “I’m Yam and I was Kim’s friend. Nice to meet you.”

            “Then you’re Kim’s girlfriend now?” asked Jane. “I’m Jane anyway.”

            Yam smirked. “You got me, Jane. You know Pie reaction was? She said I’m Kim’s enemy.” Yam laughed. “She was so funny.”

            So, she’s really Kim’s girlfriend? What the—? Pie said on her mind then she chosen to shut down her ears to Yam’s talked. When her food came, Pie gives her all attention to it, even didn’t realized that there was something on her lips. Van who saw that, taken a piece of tissue and wiped Pie’s lips. Pie startled, so do the others.

            “Sorry, Pie, but there’s something,” said Van.

            Pie smiles awkwardly. “It’s okay, Van. Thank you.”

            Kim stood up and walked away. “Kim, where’re you going?” but she didn’t respond.