Part 17

In The Same Storm

            “Pie, have you meet with her?” asked Yam when she and Pie walked to the counter order. Yam, Pie, Zee, and Boy had a late lunch in one of the fast food restaurant, not so far from Pie and Boy’s campus.

            Pie nodded. “She was telling me her reason, but still, I can’t forgive her just like that. Sorry, Yam, but you knew how hurt I am.”

            “I knew, Pie. How’s your heart? Still with her? Or Van or anyone else?” then Yam giggled.

            Pie rolled her eyes and sighed. “Unfortunately, still with her, Yam. More than a year, but I really can’t make her disappear from my mind and my heart. She said she gonna fight for me, but I don’t know, I can’t back to her now, still too much pain.”

            “Yeah, if I were you, I’ll be doing the same thing, Pie. Don’t worry, maybe I’m her sister, but I’ll back you up.” Yam pat Pie’s back.

            Pie chuckled. “Thanks, Yam.”

            After their order ready, Pie and Yam back to their seat with two trays full of food. In that fast food restaurant there’s a little stage that place it on the center. Usually, there’s a band or solo singer that sing on that stage.

            “… and the next song is Mirrors by Justin Timberlake.”

            Suddenly Pie turned her head to the stage and choked when saw the person on stage. Quickly, she took a sip of her drink to loosen . She narrowed her eyes and glared to her friends.

            “Since when she’s there?” her voice sounded mad.

            “She’s already here when we came,” replied Boy while eating his hamburger.

            “Why she’s here? If I knew she’s here, I won’t come,” murmur Pie.

            “She’s singing, Pie,” said Zee, calm then eating her spaghetti.

            Pie glared at Zee. “Then you know that she’s gonna be here, right, Zee?”

            Zee shook her head innocently. “Nope.”

            “… cause I don’t wanna lose you now

            I’m lookin’ right at the other half of me

            The vacancy that sat in my heart

            Is a space that now you hold

            Show me how to fight for now

            And I’ll tell you baby, it was easy

            Comin’ back into you once I figured it out

            You were right here all along

            It’s like you’re my mirror

            My mirror staring back at me

            I couldn’t get any bigger

            With anyone else beside of me

            And now it’s clear as this promise

            That we’re making two reflections into one

            Cause it’s like you’re my mirror

            My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me….”

            Pie snorted. “Your mirror? Yeah, right.” She said sarcastically.

            Boy giggled. “You’re saying like that song is dedicated for you, Pie.”

            “Then for who? You, Boy?” Pie really wasn’t in good mood.

            “Yeah, of course, Pie,” replied Boy and that made Zee and Yam laughed, but Pie didn’t.

            “Hi, Yam, Zee. So, you two back together, huh?” asked Mike that suddenly came into their table. He pulled one chair and set it next to Zee.

            “Hello, Mike. Long time no sees,” replied Zee with a friendly smile.

            “Hi, Mike.” Yam also greeted him in friendly way.

            Mike smiled to them then turned his head to Boy and Pie. “I know you two, we’ve met before, right?”

            “Yeah, my handsome,” said Boy as he tried to lean his body to Mike.

            “Oh, okay.” Mike moved his body, tried to avoid Boy’s body that kept lean on his.

            Pie ignored Mike and kept eating her late lunch. Why is he here too? Dating with her, huh? Such a romantic couple.

            “And you’re Pie, right? The one that Kim got crazy.” Mike looked at Pie that ignored him and Boy kept tried to lean his body to Mike.

            “Yeah, I’m Pie.” Pie replied in cold tone.

            “I still didn’t get it why Kim so in love with you, she even against her grandma which she never do it. You’re like a witch, if I can say.” Mike said that in purpose. He wants to know Pie’s reaction.

            Pie widens her eyes, shocked. Inside her already boiling. “Witch?!” said Pie in high tone.

            Mike nodded with calm, doesn’t care Pie became mad. “Yeah. I don’t know which side of you that beautiful and made Kim crazy. Her grandma hates you, do you know about it?”

            “So what if I know it?” Pie faced Mike. She tried to control her anger.

            “Do you know that Kim made a bet with her grandma? That she can be with whoever she wants if she can win against her grandma? That she must live without phone, money from her grandma or another family member? That she must finish her study there and pay for the tuition fee by herself? That she must live outside, not in her grandma’s house? That she live like a poor one?

            As long as I know her, she can’t be separate from her phone and she never out of money, but just because of you, she was looking for a job, even she was singing on the street. After a few months, she finally had a job, singing on the café or club. I never saw her very serious like that. You don’t know how happy she was when she had her first salary. I was saying that she should just give up on you, but then she said that she can’t let you go anymore. She’s really love her grandma and never say no to her, but because of you again, she say no to her. Just because a girl, she like that. Seriously, what’s the good thing from you? Indeed, I’m more than you. I’m a guy, handsome, and she no need to fight her grandma if she with me. So, what’s the good thing from you that made her ignored me? You’re a girl and like a witch.” Mike looked at Pie’s eyes seriously. He’s not kidding.

            “Well, I don’t know too. What’s the good thing of me?” replied Pie sarcastically. So, that’s the bet that she was talked about. If I were her, maybe I just give up.

            Pie took a glance to Kim that still singing on the stage. Pie a bit startled that Kim already set her eyes on Pie. In silent way, Kim asked Pie if she’s okay. Pie sighed. I don’t know what to do, Kim.