Part 16

In The Same Storm

           “Where’d we go next, Pie?” asked Boy happily when he and Pie were out from the cinema.

            Pie was thinking for seconds then remembered that they haven’t lunch. “Let’s go eat, Boy. I wanna pizza.”

            “Okay then, let’s go!” Boy grabbed Pie’s hand when suddenly Pie stops her step.

            Boy turn his head to Pie and got confused because Pie startled and too much emotion on her face. He followed Pie’s eyes direction and got surprised. Not far from them, standing one person that looked familiar.

            “Kim?” Boy bent her brows.

            The most surprising thing was Kim with a man, a handsome man, and that two looked so close. Kim who also realized the existence of Pie and Boy, walked closer followed by that man. Kim tried to smile to Pie and Boy, but it was looked like a weird and awkwardly smiles.

            “Hi, Pie, Boy. Long time no see. How are you?” Kim opens the conversation.

            Pie gave her a death glared, but didn’t respond to her question. How are you?! What would you expect from me, Kim? I’m fine?! How can I be just fine after you left me just like that?!

            “We’re doing fine, so fine,” replied Boy sarcastically.

            “Sorry, who are you? Did I know you?” Pie talked to Kim. She tried so hard to control her anger and tears.

            Kim knows that Pie just pretended didn’t remember about her. She knows that Pie’s hurt, but hearing that made Kim upset and hurt too. Kim stared at Pie’s eyes and found so much hatred on her eyes. She was trying to calm, even if her heart kept telling her to hugs Pie. 15 months since she left her, Pie more beautiful as she could remember. I miss you, Pie.

            “I’m sorry, Pie, I—”

            “Ah, sorry, Miss, I didn’t remember you at all.” Pie cuts her off sharply then took a glance to the man that just standing beside Kim. “Let’s go, Boy!” she pulled Boy’s arm and leave Kim and the man.

            Kim watched her back sadly. “So, that’s Pie, huh?” the man paused and Kim nodded. “Well, pretty, but looks like a witch, too scary. How can you like her, Kim?”

            Kim lifted her shoulder. “I just love her as she is, too easy too love her actually.”

            The man rolled his eyes. “Whatever. How can you choose her than me?”

            Kim glanced to the man. “Talk to my hand, Mike.”

            The man, Mike, burst out laugh then wrapped his hand to Kim’s neck. “Whatever, Kim. Let’s go eat! I’m dying because of the hunger already.” He dragged her to the steak restaurant.

            Mike talked about a lot of things, but Kim didn’t pay attention to him because her mind was full of Pie. She can’t forget the hatred on Pie’s eyes. She was known that it’s her fault that Pie became like that, but Pie need to know her reason.

            “Seriously, Kim! Is she so important to you? I’m talking here, but you not listen to me at all.” Mike protest to Kim.

            Kim smiled, felt guilty. “Sorry, Mike.”

            Mike sighed. “Let’s go home then.”

 

            Kim took a deep breath before pushed the bell. After a few minutes, a lady came out to open the gate. She gave Kim a sharp look.

            “What’re you doing here?” she asked coldly.

            “I need to talk to you, Aunt,” replied Kim, politely.

            The lady, Pie’s mom, was folding her hands. “About what?”

            “Can we talks inside, Aunt?”

            Pie’s mom rolled her eyes, but she opened the gate and let Kim went inside. Kim sat on the sofa that in front of Pie’s mom. Their house not as big as Kim’s house, but it’s so tidy and clean.

            “Let me be with your daughter, Aunt.” Kim opened the conversation and her words made Pie’s mom shocked.

            “Are you kidding me?!”

            “No, I’m not. I love Pie, Aunt. I can’t be without her. Yes, I was promised to you to leave her, but it hurts me, so much. I love her, give us a chance, Aunt.”

            Pie’s mom stood up from her seat and gave Kim a death glared. “I won’t let you be with Pie. Never! Now, out from my house!”

            Kim moved closer to Pie’s mom. “Just give us a chance, Aunt.” She’s begging.

            PLAK! Pie’s mom slapped Kim’s left cheek.

            “It’s wrong!”

            “What’s wrong with loving someone? We can’t choose to love someone, Aunt. Is it just man-women relationship that could be exist? Just give us a chance.”

            “No! I won’t!” Pie’s mom was really angry.

            Kim took a deep breath to calm herself. “I also won’t let her go again, Aunt. Thanks for your time and good afternoon, Aunt.” She turned her body and walked out from Pie’s house.

 

            Kim knocked at Pie’s room because Pie locked the door. “Who is it?” asked Pie as she walking to the door, but Kim didn’t respond.

            Pie got surprised when she opened the door. “Why’re you here?” her tone so cold and her eyes glared at Kim with so much hate.

            “I need to talk to you, Pie.”

            “But I won’t.” Pie rejected her.

            “But I keep insisting,” said Kim with her stubbornness. “Let me talk inside.”

            “No!” Pie kept rejecting.

            Kim sighed. “I want you to listen to me, Pie.” Kim sounded begging.

            “I want to rest.”

            “Just a few minutes, Pie, please….” Kim didn’t care if she begged because Pie really needs to know her real reason.

            “No.”

            “Don’t make me using violence, Pie.” Kim tried to threaten Pie.

            Pie rolled her eyes, but then widens the door and let Kim in. Pie closed the door and faced Kim while folding her arms. She gave Kim her death glared and no smile on her face.

            “I’m sorry, Pie, for leaving without telling you anything. I’m sorry. I was gone to Singapore to meet my grandma from my mom side. She was preparing engagement between me and Mike, my ex, the one that you saw earlier. I can’t let that happen you know. So, I met my grandma. It was really not an easy thing to handle. My grandma too stubborn, she got in love with Mike. Please, forgive me, Pie. I love you so much.” Kim explained her reason why she left Pie.

            Pie snorted. “If you love me that much, why you can’t give me any news? You don’t know how much pain I felt because of you. How I wish I got amnesia again so I can forget you and the pain. You don’t know I’m dying, Kim, and now you’re back like an innocent people and want my forgiveness. Are you kidding me, Kim? Seriously?!” she burst her anger because she can’t holding it back again.

            “My grandma was can’t accept that the one I love is you, not Mike. So, she took away my phone.”

            “Tsk! Like I would believe it.”

            Kim sighed. “So, you really hate me, huh? It’s okay, it’s my fault, but I won’t give up on you, Pie. I’m gonna fight for you this time. Without you was like a hell, I can’t take it anymore. I need you, want you, and love you. Call me selfish or whatever, but I really can’t live without you and won’t let you go again. Ever.” Kim paused and watched Pie’s reaction. Pie really tried hard to keep her poker face. “Anyway, good night, Pie. Sorry for bothering you. I love you.”

            Kim walked out from Pie’s room, left Pie that fallen to the floor, crying out loud as she rubbed her left chest. She’s still love her, but she’s hurt. She can’t forgive her just like that, but she also want hugged and kissed her. I miss you, Kim. Fight for real, please…. Pie was hoping in her mind.

 

            Zee got surprised when saw Kim walked out from her car. Kim also got surprised saw Zee in her house. Zee punched Kim’s face as she got nearer and that made Kim fallen to the floor. Yam that heard something, out from the house and shocked saw Kim was on the floor with her lips a bit bleed.

            “What’s wrong with you, Zee?!” shouted Kim can’t accept Zee’s punch.

            “It’s because you made Pie hurts.” Zee explained her act.

            “Tsk! Is it revenge, Zee? Because I was punched you because you was hurt Yam? If that’s the case, then we’re even now.” Kim rubbed her lips and stood up. “My grandma was setting an engagement for me and Mike. That’s why I need to meet her to settle that thing and my phone was taken by her. So, I can’t give any news to anyone. Why it took so long? You know that my grandma is a stubborn person and she wasn’t let me to love Pie, but finally she can accept it. Now, I won’t let Pie go again.” Kim explained and didn’t give Zee and Yam to talk.

            “Since when you’re being so talkative, Kim?” said Yam sarcastic.

            “Since when you two back together again?” Kim teased Yam and Zee.

            Zee chuckled. “Since a few months ago.”

            “Have you met Pie? She’s hurt because of you, Kim. How can you do that to her?” Yam scolded Kim.

            “I’m hurt too, Yam. Living without her was like a hell. There were times when I want to get back here, give up on my grandma, but I realized, if I give up then I can’t be with Pie. It was like I had a bet with grandma. If I can win over her demand, then grandma will cancel the engagement and I can be with anyone that I love, including Pie. Grandma needed time to accept my decision.” Kim gave explanation again.

            “But still, Kim, leaving without warning was so mean,” said Yam.

            Kim sighed. “I know, Yam.” Her eyes showed how sad she is.

            Zee pat Kim’s shoulder. “Then what’d you do now, Kim?”

            “I’m gonna fight for Pie. I can’t be without her. She’s too precious.”

            “Are you gonna fight for real, Kim? No more running?” said Yam with a doubt.

            “Yes, Yam. No more running. I’ll face everyone, including her mom.”

            “Let’s see then. If you’re running again from Pie or hurt her, I’m not gonna forgive you as my sister. Remember that, Kim!” Yam gave Kim a looked remember-or-you’ll-die.

            “And I’m gonna give you a thousand punch,” added Zee.

            Kim chuckled. “Okay then.”

 

            Kim took a sip of her hot coffee on the canteen campus. She has been waiting Pie out from her class. Kim already finished her study at Singapore.

            “Kim?” voice of a girl that sounded familiar called Kim.

            Kim raised her head from her phone and looked at the person that called her. Jane.

            “Hi, Jane,” said Kim with an awkward smiled.

            “How are you, Kim?” Jane sat beside her.

            “I’m fine. You?”

            “Fine. Do you waiting Pie?”

            Kim smiles shyly. “Yeah. Do you know where she is?”

            “She’s still in the class with Boy,” replied Jane. “Don’t hurt Pie again, Kim. She’s love you too much.”

            Kim sighed. “I know, Jane. I love her too and left her was hurting me too.”

            “Then don’t leave her again. Anyway, I need to go. Take care of her well, Kim.” Jane smiled tried to give Kim courage.

            Kim nodded as she smiled back to Jane. “Thank you, Jane.”