Part 12

In The Same Storm

          Kim didn’t touch her dinner at all. Her dad saw that and became curious and a bit confused because it’s so rare to saw Kim behaved like that.

            “What’s wrong, Kim?” asked Kim’s dad, Mr. Jittaleela, but Kim didn’t respond because her mind was flying away.

            Yam kicked Kim’s foot to bring her to the reality. “Aw! What are you doing, Yam?!” shouted Kim looked angry because she got surprised.

            “I’m the one who asking to you, Kim.”

            “Huh?” Kim looked at her dad with her confused face. “What’s wrong, Dad?”

            “It was my question, Kim. What’s wrong with you? Why you didn’t touch your dinner at all? Did something happen with you?”

            “I’m okay, Dad.” Kim faked a smile to convince her dad.

            Mr. Jittaleela stared at Kim with a doubt. He knows that something wrong with her daughter. “Are you sure?”

            Before Kim answered her dad, Yam cuts off. “She broke up, Dad.”

            Mr. Jittaleela eyes widened. “Really? With who?”

            “Pie,” said Yam calmly while bitted her meat. Kim glared at Yam. She didn’t believe that Yam will tell to their dad like that.

            Mr. Jittaleela became more curious and interested. “Really? You’re dating with Pie, Kim?”

            Kim sighed. “Yeah, I was, Dad.”

            “Wow, I never thought before that you’ll be like Pie, but yes, you’re surely looks happy if you with her. So, what’s happen? Why you broke up with her?”

            “Because her mom, you know what I mean, right, Dad?”

            Mr. Jittaleela can see the sadness from Kim’s eyes. “Yeah, I know it. So, because her mom says no to you, you got broke up with Pie? Just like that, Kim?”

            Kim nodded. “It’s better for her, Dad. Did I tell you that Pie had an amnesia because that accident? That was so traumatic for her. If only she didn’t meet me, she won’t feel that pain, Dad. Besides that, our relationship isn’t right.”

            “Well, I won’t suggest you anything because just you who really know what makes you happy. I get no problem with people that you like, even if that’s girl. We can’t choose to like or dislike that person. So, I just wanna say choose the path that more regretless. Think about it carefully, Kim.” Mr. Jittaleela seriously looked at Kim. “You get it what I mean, Kim?”

            Kim nodded. “Yes, Dad, but I think this is still the best for her.”

            “For her? What about you?”

            Kim took a deep breath before answered Mr. Jittaleela then tried to smile. “Love is about sacrifices, Dad. If you loving someone, then you must willing sacrifice, including leave her for her better life.”

            A bitter smile and a bitter talked, Yam and Mr. Jittaleela can felt that from Kim. She wants to look strong, but Mr. Jittaleela and Yam really knew Kim very well. They’ve know that Kim is hurting inside.

            “I’ll support whatever you choose, Kim, because you’re my tiger.”

            Kim chuckled. “Dad, I’m fine. Don’t be too worried.”

            “Yeah, right, she’s fine, Dad. That’s why she isn’t eat her dinner,” said Yam sarcastically.

            “I’m eating, Yam, I’m eating.” Kim slices her meat and put it on .

            Mr. Jittaleela was laughing. “How’s about you, Yam? Find a new girlfriend or boyfriend maybe?”

            Yam shook her head. “Not yet, Dad.”

            “She can’t forget her ex yet, Dad,” said Kim butting in. She tried to revenge and made Yam sulky, but Yam didn’t bother it.

            “Yup, I can’t forget her yet, Dad.”

            “Well, it took so long, Yam,” said Mr. Jittaleela who put in his last piece of meat on his mouth. “Anyway, you know Peach, right? From Chirathivat family?” Mr. Jittaleela paused to saw Yam reaction. Yam nodded hesitantly. “His dad was said that Peach like you. Why you—”

            Yam was cutting off. “Dad, I know what you’re gonna say, his younger than me, Dad. I’m not going to date him.”

            “Just try it once, Yam, please…. His dad is my friend too.”

            Kim giggled. “Yeah, Yam, you should try it.”

            Yam glared at Kim with her don’t-try-to-interfere-or-I’ll-eat-you look. “Why not you who try it, Kim? You just broke up.” She’s mad.

            “He likes you, Yam, not me. Just try it, Yam, right, Dad?” Kim can’t stop herself to teasing Yam.

            Yam sighed. “Fine. When, Dad?”

            Mr. Jittaleela eyes widened and looked happy. “Really? Well, I ‘m gonna inform you later, Yam. You’re such a good kid.”

            “Yeah, you’re such a good kid, Yam.” Kim pats Yam shoulder then giggled, but then stops her action because Yam murderous looks.

 

            “Hi, Kim.” Jane sat beside Kim that sat on one of the bench of the park in front of the dorm, but Kim didn’t respond because she puts her headphone and “In the Storm” by Big Baby Driver defeats Jane’s voice.

            “Kim?” Jane waving her hand in front of Kim’s face tried to get her attention.

            Kim pulled off her headphone. “Jane,” said Kim flat. “what’s wrong?”

            “Can you accompany me to the book store, Kim? I need to buy something.”

            “Just go with Pie or Boy, Jane. I’m not mood to going anywhere,” said Kim coldly then her eyes met with Pie’s eyes who glared at her from far away. “Okay then, Jane, I’ll go with you.”

            “Seriously, Kim? Like, seriously?!” Jane’s eyes brighter than before, she looked really happy.

            Kim nodded. “Yup.”

            “Thank you, Kim. See ya.” Jane leaves Kim with big smiles on her face. Everyone can know that she’s happy because she’s too obvious.

            Kim took a glance to Pie and Pie still glared at her; sad and angry became one. I miss you, Pie. Kim turned her head and looking far away and put her headphone again. She knew that Pie’s eyes still on her, she can feel it. She tried so hard not to stand up and walked toward Pie. It has been five days, but felt like a month. Kim sighed. Pie, I miss you so bad.

 

            Eight days and she still didn’t apologize to me. What the, Kim?! So, you’ll leave me for sure? Okay then. Pie’s eyes filled with anger. She glared at Kim that had a conversation with Jane. Jane, huh? You were said that girl-girl relationship is wrong, but now, you’re with Jane? You’re such an assh**e, Kim.

            Because Pie too focused with Kim and Jane, she didn’t realize that Van was in front of her and talked to her. Van tapped her shoulder and that made Pie aware of him.

            “Ah, Van, what’s wrong?”

            “I wanna asks you out this weekend, will you?”

            With no hesitation, Pie nodded. “Okay.” See, Kim, I’ll date Van, like you suggested.