Part 11

In The Same Storm

           “So, you decide to leave her, Kim?” asked Yam when Kim finished her talked. She met up with Kim in the coffee shop near Kim’s campus.

            Kim drank her hot moccachino. “Yup. It’s better for her.”

            “Why you not fight for her? Just give up like that?”

            “Yam, I’m the one who made her like that.”

            “So, leave her is the best answer?”

            Kim nodded. “Yup.”

            “Even if it hurts you?”

            “Even if it hurts me.”

            “You’re such a coward, Kim.”

            “I’m not, Yam.” Kim hissed.

            “You’re just scare with her mom, aren’t you?”

            “I’m not, Yam. I had realized that her mom was right. I made her hurt and—”

            “Without you, she’ll be fine?” Yam snorted. “You know what, Kim, I think she’s hurt because she wasn’t with you.”

            Kim snorted. “Again, you talk nonsense, Yam.”

            “You’re just like her, coward.” Kim can saw how hurt Yam was from her eyes. Kim also knows who “her” was Yam referring to.

 

            Kim walked into Pie’s room. Pie hasn’t moved out from the hospital yet. In her room, there was Pei, Jane, and Van. Pie which had realized that Kim was coming, smiled widely.

            “Hi.”

            “Hi. Feeling better?” asked Kim.

            Pie nodded. “Much better.”

            Boy moved closer to Pie and whispered to her. “So, someone loses her bet, huh?” then he giggled.

            Pie rolled her eyes. “Whatever, Boy.”

            “Be ready for my wish, Pie.” He whispered again and then chuckled.

            “What’s wrong with you two?” asked Van who curious with the things that Pie and Boy were talked.

            “It’s a secret, Van,” said Boy.

            “Tomorrow morning I’ll leave the hospital. Would you pick me up, Kim?” asked Pie to Kim in lower tone so the others can’t hears their conversation.

            “Ah, I can’t, Pie. I’m sorry.”

            Pie pouted her lips. “It’s okay then.”

            Without Kim and Pie realized, Jane was watched them with sad face and a little bit angry. Straight, huh, Pie? Such bull. Jane said on her mind.

 

            Pie looked at the clock for the many times.

            01.35 p.m

            Why she isn’t come home yet? Where’s she? Pie became impatient. She didn’t want to call Kim because she wants to surprise her.

            02.15 p.m

            Finally, Kim showed up. Pie that lied on her bed, woke up then faced Kim with her pouted lips. Kim a little bit surprised saw Pie.

            “Pie, you’re here.” Kim faked a smile.

            Pie nodded. “Why’re you so late? I’ve been waiting for hours. Where’ve you been?”

            “Library?” said Kim randomly and that made Pie rolled her eyes.

            Pie folded her arms. “Seriously, Kim, where’ve you been?”

            “I was met Mr. Jirayu, Pie.”

            Pie stared at Kim with her murderous look and Kim nodded to convince Pie. Pie sighed and spread out her arms.

            “So, no hug for me?” asked Pie, sulky.

            Kim smiled then hugged Pie. Pie hugged Kim tightly, like she won’t let her go. Kim realized that.

            “What’s wrong, Pie?”

            “Nothing. I just miss you so much.”

            Kim giggled. “But we were met yesterday, Pie.”

            “I’m sorry I didn’t remember you earlier, Kim, but that accident too traumatic for me. Besides that, I wasn’t with you. So, I can’t handle it myself. If I was with you, I won’t be like that. I’m sorry, Kim.”

            Kim can felt the guilty feels from Pie. “It’s okay, Pie. It was my fault. If only you didn’t meet me, you won’t feel that pain, Pie.”

            Pie released their hug and glared at Kim. She looked confused. “What do you mean, Kim?”

            Kim took a deep breath and stared at Pie with her calm look. “It’d be good if you didn’t meet me before, Pie. From the start, we’re wrong. You weren’t supposed to be with me.”

            “I’m still didn’t get it, Kim.”

            Kim sighed. “We need to broke up, Pie. This kind of relationship isn’t makes sense. Our relationship isn’t normal.”

            Pie folded her arms again and looked at Kim coldly. She’s mad. “What if I won’t it?”

            “I’m still do it. I’ll stay away from you. I’ll not bother you again and you can live happily ever after.”

            Pie snorted. “Happily ever after? It such bull! You’re just bored with me, right? Or you find another girl?” she’s burst her anger at Kim.

            “Listen to me, Pie, girl-girl relationship is too impossible, okay?”

            “Is it because of Yam?”

            Kim hissed. “Look, Pie, maybe I look like a guy, but it doesn’t mean I like girls too, including you. You’re just my old friend. Nothing else. I was just kidding with you. Even if I like girls, it’s so impossible to me to like you.”

            “Impossible to like me?!” said Pie with high tone. “Then Yam?”

            “Yeah, I prefer Yam than you. You’re too short. I told you before, I like tall person.” Kim answered coldly.

            Pie’s eyes got teary. “You’re too much, Kim.”

            “It’ll be better if you with Van. You two look good together.”

            Pie’s tears dropped on her face. “Fine, we broke up or whatever, I’ll do as you say, including dating Van. Satisfied?” she walked out from their room, leaved Kim alone.

            Kim who can’t hold her tears anymore, crying out loud. She’s hurt saw Pie’s hurt. I’m sorry, Pie. I’m sorry. This is the best way for you.