Birthday Surprise

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTrKVV1To8

Exo: Wolf

=========================================

Exo-M prepared for Danji’s 19th birthday. This year for her birthday, she was escorted to Lotte World by Lay and Tao.

“Who do I always have to be away from Malhwa on my birthday?” Danji laughed.

“Because we want your party to be a surprise,” Lay smiled.

“How can it be a surprise when I already know we’re having a party?” Danji pointed out.

“Enough questions! Let’s play!” Tao tugged her towards one of the biggest rollercoasters.

The three of them went on all the rides. By the mid-afternoon, they had done everything at the amusement park, including the arcade games. Danji sat on a bench and waited for Lay and Tao to come back with their ice cream cones.

“Mei-mei!” Tao called. She looked up, smiled, and waved.

“Here you go, baobei.” Lay handed her the strawberry ice cream cone.

“Don’t let Luhan ge hear you call him that.” Tao pointed out.

“He has good hearing, but I doubt Luhan can hear all the way from here.” Lay shrugged and sat next to Danji. Danji and Tao laughed and shook their heads at the older boy’s calm quip.

Danji her strawberry ice cream cone and touched the pink bunny ear on her head.

“Did you have fun today, Danji?” Lay asked.

She beamed and nodded. “Of course I did. I’m with my two favorite ge-ges.”

“Now don’t let Kris ge hear you say that. He’ll come after all three of us.” Tao pointed out, causing Lay and Danji to laugh this time. They finished their ice cream cones and tossed the trash away.

“Are you ready to go home, mei-mei?” Lay asked. “I’m ready! I want to see what the others prepared for my birthday this year.” Danji grinned excitedly.

“I hope they can fulfill your expectations,” Lay winked. “I have low expectations, actually. I only need the six of you there to have a party.” Danji hugged his arm.

“Awww, baobei. You’re so sweet.” Lay planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Okay, definitely don’t let Luhan ge see that. He’ll go ballistic,” Tao stated.

Danji giggled and put a finger to her lips. “I won’t tell if you won’t.” “Deal.” Tao grinned with a wink.

The two happy wolves took her hands, and they left Lotte World together.

--------------------------------

The bus drive back to Malhwa took two and a half hours. Lay’s head was resting on the glass window while Danji fell asleep on his shoulder, and Tao’s head was resting on her shoulder. The three of them enjoyed a nice nap on the long drive. By the time they arrived in Malhwa, the sun had started to set.

Lay shook Danji. “Baobei, we’re here.” She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

Danji gently shook Tao. “Tao, we’re here.”

“Five more minutes.” He snuggled against her.

“No, Tao. We have to get off. Come on.” Lay helped Tao up, and the three of them got off the bus.

Tao yawned and stretched. “I’m so sleepy.”

“You can sleep while we party hard then,” Lay snickered.

“No way! I want to party!” Tao cheered, and Danji chuckled.

The three of them started to head towards the wolves’ cabin. Lay’s keen ears picked up on the sound of paws following them. He grew immobile, and his eyes jerked to his right. He could see purple-and-black fur behind the bushes. Yellow, beastly eyes were watching them. Not again. Why today out of all days? It’s her god damn birthday. Can’t we celebrate peacefully? Lay grew agitated. “Tao.” He called with a firm growl.

Tao looked back at him. Lay spoke to him in soft, rapid Chinese.

Tao’s eyes turned grim, and his lips were set in a firm line.

“What’s going on?” Danji asked.

“More coyotes.” Tao grumbled unpleasantly.

Her eyes shot wide open. *What?! Again?!*

“I’ll hold them back. Go ahead first.” Lay started to his plaid shirt.

“Come, mei-mei. We must go.” Tao grasped her wrist and pulled him towards her back. He bent down and wrapped her arms around his neck. Danji could feel Tao morphing. In a few seconds, he had changed into a fearsome gray wolf. He snarled, snapped his jaws, and raced into the forest. Danji could feel tears forming in her eyes from the speed. She buried her face in his fur and clung on for life. Behind her, she could hear Lay howling.

The new intruders attacked Lay, and some went after Tao and Danji.

*Oh God. Why are there more coyotes? Why are they all coming after us?* Danji dared look back. She saw a coyote a mere few yards behind her. He sprang in the air, and she yelped, “Tao, watch out!” He snarled and spun around to face the coyote.

Danji landed a few feet away and scratched her arm. Her sweater ripped, and blood seeped out of the bad scrape. She looked up and saw Tao battling with the coyote. He whined in pain as the coyote bit his neck. “Tao!” Danji scrambled up. Tao barked and shook his furry head. “Go. Don’t stop running.”

Danji nodded. She stepped back and raced into the woods. The blood rushed through her ears, and constricted with fear. She hoped that both Lay and Tao were safe. She had to ask the others to help them. Danji looked back, and to her relief, no one was following her. She turned around and plowed straight into someone. Danji screamed in terror.

“Danji! It’s just me! Luhan!” He exclaimed. She looked up and almost collapsed with relief. “Oh! Luhan!”

Danji threw her arms around his neck. Luhan could feel her trembling badly. “Shhh, you’re okay. It’s okay. You’re safe now.” He hugged her tightly and soothingly rubbed her back. Danji pulled back. “The coyotes are back!”

“I know. I heard Lay and Tao,” Luhan nodded.

*Lay and Tao!* “You need to help them! They’re in trouble!” Danji exclaimed.

Luhan paused. He wanted to help his comrades but didn’t want to leave her alone.

“Please! You have to help!” She pleaded.

“…Our house is not far from here. Just keep going straight. If you run into any trouble, scream, and I’ll come for you,” Luhan promised. Danji nodded. “Go help them now.”

He squeezed her arm before running off. Luhan squeezed the Moonstone around his neck. This time, he would use it to save his pack and bring wrath upon those who tried to harm his mate.

Danji ran straight into the cabin and locked all the doors and windows. She sat on the couch and curled into a shaking ball.

Out of all the birthdays she had, this might be the worst, she thought. She couldn’t believe she had a near-death experience on her 19th birthday. One wrong move, and it would have been her last birthday.

Her head jerked up when she heard the back door open. *Are they back?!* Danji stood up. She heard the doors shut and close.

A moment later, the pack d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter