Breaking Hearts

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj1HcughPSg

Ina: I wanted you

======================================================

On that same day that Alen had visited, Luhan came by later that night. Knowing she needed space, he didn’t intrude like usual. He rang the doorbell like a normal human and waited for her to answer. He swallowed the growing lump in his throat, and his fingers twitched in apprehension.

What if she didn’t answer the door?

What would he do then? What would that mean?

Fortunately, he heard the click of the door unlocking and knew she would be here.

The door opened, and light slashed into the darkness. “Luhan…” Danji whispered.

The way she called his name made his heart ache. It wasn’t full of warmth and love. Her voice was full of pity and guilt, and he hated that. It meant she had been stirred by Alen. Luhan bravely lifted his head and looked into her eyes.

“Hi.” She whispered.

“Hi…” He croaked back.

“Come in.” Danji stepped aside.

Luhan came into her home. Wangzi saw him and gleefully bounded over. Luhan picked him up and patted his furry head. The dog snuggled against him, and he started to relax. Luhan sat on the couch and set Wangzi on the ground.

“Do you want something to drink?” Danji asked. “No.” Luhan answered.

“You should. I can make you lemonade. Just hold on.” Danji hurried into the kitchen and started to loudly take out everything she needed to make lemonade. Her heart drummed nervously, and her mind was spinning out of control like a rollercoaster.

The truth was…she was stalling.

She didn’t know quite what to tell him yet.

Luhan looked around her home. He hadn’t been here for merely one day, but it had felt like one year. One day was all it had taken to change everything. Luhan sighed, lowered his head, and closed his eyes in tiredness. He cursed Alen for coming back to Danji’s life and confusing her. His keen ears picked up on the sound of her soft footsteps. His eyes snapped open, and he looked up.

Danji carried the tray into the living room and set it on the coffee table before sitting on the couch. Luhan noticed she had sat farther from him than before. Usually they sat closely together so that their legs touched. Now, she was too far for his reach. *Damn. I hate this. I hate how we’re starting to fall apart.* Luhan looked away and gritted his teeth as he swallowed the overwhelming emotions climbing up his throat.

“Drink this. Let me know if you need more sugar.” Danji pushed the cup of lemonade towards him. She took her own cup and took a careful sip. She winced at the sour taste and snatched a packet of sugar from the tray. Danji tore it open and dumped the sugar into the drink.

“Do you need more time?” Luhan asked quietly.

Danji froze. Her heart thudded against her chest. The dreaded question had come.

He turned his head to look at her. “Did you figure everything out?”

Danji shamefully looked at her lap and picked the lint off her skirt. “Not yet…”

Luhan exploded. “WHAT MORE DO YOU HAVE TO FIGURE OUT?!”

She looked up at him in shock. “Luhan-“

“I’M your god damn mate! You chose me!” He fumed.

“I know I did. But…in my past, I chose Alen oppa. I never knew I had become someone else’s official partner before you.” She stated.

“That doesn’t matter anymore! He’s your past! I’m in your present, and I will be in your future! You love me!” Luhan claimed. Danji sighed and looked down with mixed emotions. His eyes narrowed. “You don’t love me.” She grew angry at his accusation and stood up to meet him eye-to-eye. “Don’t you dare make such an assumption!”

“THEN WHY CAN’T YOU CHOOSE ME! THE DECISION SHOULD BE SIMPLE!” Luhan yelled.

“I KNOW! I KNOW I’M BEING STUPID! I KNOW IT’S YOU, BUT I CAN’T HELP BUT THINK ABOUT HIM, TOO!” Danji confessed. He stared at her with hurt. “I’m so confused, Luhan. I don’t know who I am or what I want anymore…” She whispered.

Luhan clenched his fists. *You’re my mate. You want me. That’s what you should know, but now you don’t. All thanks to that damn coyot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter