Continuing Attacks

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7GSLypwz_0

M4M: Hero

=============================================

Sunday. A day of rest.

It was supposed to be a relaxing day with no homework or chores to be done.

It should have been a time of cuddling up with Luhan and re-watching Wolf Boy for the seventh time.

But this Sunday was not a relaxing day at all. Particularly because of the nasty pack of coyotes after her at this very moment.

Danji panted as she jumped over the rocks and raced across the pathway. She looked back and saw the vicious blue-black coyotes running after her. They yelped and dashed after her with merciless eyes. Danji faced forward and sped up. Her heart pounded with each footstep. She took a sharp turn, hoping to trick the coyotes somehow. They were actually fooled and split up. When they realized they had been tricked, thy howled in rage and went after her again.

Danji heard their mad howling and panicked. She slid down the slope and landed at the bottom with a painful grunt. She looked at the fresh cut on her wrist and winced. Moss and leaves covered her, but she had no time to brush them off. She had to get away before the coyotes could catch up to her, which they usually did. Danji started running through the forest. She knew Luhan was against her entering the forest alone, but she had had no choice. The devious coyotes had driven her into the dark, formidable woods. *I hope Luhan will find me soon, before I’m coyotes’ meal for the night.*

A branch smacked her in the face, and startled, she cried out. *It’s just a branch. Calm down. Keep running, you idiot.*

Danji scrambled up and started to run faster. She heard another howl through the forest and realized it was from a wolf. Hope rose in her chest. *Luhan? Tao?*

A flash of gray appeared out of nowhere, nudged his muzzle under her body, and tossed her up into the air.

Danji gasped as she flew into the air. She landed on the wolf’s back with an audible “oof”.

“A little warning would have been nice, oppa.” Danji muttered. The alpha snorted in response and sped faster.

The coyotes began to surround him. They yelped and snapped their jaws.

Kris snapped his own large jaws in response and growled at them with his sharp teeth protruding out.

The coyotes lunged and attacked him at the same time. Kris yipped in shock, and he went rolling back onto the ground.

Danji landed on the ground and put a hand over her bruised ribs. She coughed at the impact and winced as a burning sensation came over her knee. She looked down to see her legging had been torn viciously, and now, blood was running from her kneecap. Kris howled and barked. That got her attention.

“Run. Leave. Get away from here now!”

Danji dragged herself up and started to run. She knew better than to argue with him. Danji came to the edge of the woods and skidded to a stop. She gasped with wide eyes that were filled with horror. She knew this specific cliff. It was the place where the Bangtan Boys and Exo-M had had a show down. The terror from that night still gave her nightmares.

A coyote raced out of the forest and ran straight towards her.

Danji screamed as she went falling back. She reached out and grabbed onto the edge of the cliff. She looked down and grew nauseatingly dizzy. One wrong move and she would plummet to her death. *That was where Rap Monster died. Oh God. Somebody help me please.*

Danji closed her eyes to fight the overwhelmingly queasiness lurking up on her. She heard a growl above her and slowly opened her eyes. Her entire body became rigid at the sight of a belligerent coyote in front of her. He curled back his upper lip and snarled. *Oh my god…*

He opened his jaw to bite her when a silver wolf attacked him out of nowhere.

The coyote yelped in surprise as he went sliding near the edge of the cliff.

“Luhan!” Danji cried out in relief. He whimpered and whined guiltily. He lowered his muzzle, and she reached out to hook her arm around his neck. Luhan powerfully pulled her up, and she gripped onto him for life.

“Oh God.” Danji’s body shook like a weak leaf against a prevailing hurricane. She had almost died.

A growl from nearby made both of them look up. The coyote was snarling menacingly at them. He would not allow them to leave unharmed. Luhan narrowed his icy blue eyes and treaded towards the coyote. He refused to allow the coyote to harm his mate in any way. The coyote leaped into the air. Luhan made a low growl side and met him up in the air. The two were-creatures crashed down onto the earth with a loud BOOM.

Luhan used the power of the Moonstone to cause the coyote to turn back into his human form. The coyote instantly turned into a normal male with jet black hair with blue streaks in his bangs. He stared at his hands in shock and stared at Luhan. Luhan, who remained as a wolf, growled at him. The coyote seemed powerless in front of the prince of wolves. The coyote tried to run away, but this time, Luhan would not be so merciful. Luhan grabbed the male between his strong jaws and viciously tore him to pieces.

Danji looked away as the queasy feelings stirred in her stomach again. She would never get used to such animalistic behavior.

A shadow fell over her, and she looked up.

Luhan stood in front of her with his jaw painted a raw red color. He gazed down at her without a sound. Silently, he lay on his stomach.

Danji stood up unsteadily and climbed onto his back. Luhan got up again and raced into the forest at breakneck speed. They arrived at his cabin, and she slid off of him. He gave her a long look before trotting away to the other side of the house. Danji sighed and entered the cabin through the back door. She knew she would get an earful from Luhan later.

Danji went into his room and shut the door. After making sure the windows and patio door were locked, she sank onto his bed. She hugged her knees to her chest as all sorts of terrifying memories filled her head. These coyotes scared the hell out of her. They were her worst nightmares, and she would never be able to forgive them for hurting her grandfather. *All these random were-coyotes are appearing out of nowhere. I have no relation to them, so why do they keep hunting me down?*

Danji rested her chin on top of her knees with a disconsolate expression. She hated putting the wolves in danger. Their lives were at stake because of her. *I wish I could figure out what those wolves want. I would give them everything if they would just leave Exo-M alone.* Danji sighed heavily. She heard the doorknob twist open and jerked her head up.

Her eyes immediately fell back to the ground at the sight of Luhan in only a towel. Luckily, the towel was covering up the most important parts.

He rubbed his wet hair furiously with the towel.

*At that rate, all your hair will fall off.* Danji wanted to warn him.

Luhan coughed as if he had a fur ball stuck in his throat. He walked towards the patio, unlocked it, and spat over the railing. “A piece of coyote flesh. Disgusting.”

Luhan slammed the patio door shut and went into his drawer to pull out some clothes to wear.

“Don’t you have anything to say?” Danji prompted.

“Oh, I have so much to say. One,” Luhan whirled around, “When I tell you to run, damn it, Danji, you run. You don’t look back. You don’t try to help me. You just run away. Got it?”

“I only wanted to help…” Danji mumbled. Under Luhan’s solemn gaze, she sighed and nodded, “Fine. I’ll run.”

“And two,” He whipped his towel off, and she looked in the other direction. Luhan pulled his boxers on. “You didn’t listen to me. I told you to never go into the forest alone at night.” He yanked his jeans on and grabbed his sweater from the closet.

“I had no choice. They chased me into the forest. I was forced to run for my life,” She mumbled.

Luhan softened a little. *I guess that’s true.* He pulled his sweater over his head, yanked it down, and smoothly walked towards her without making one sound. Danji felt a pair of arms wrap around her frail body and looked up slightly. Luhan rested his forehead on the side of her head and closed his eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m giving you a hard time, aren’t I?” He murmured. She softened. “It’s okay. I know it’s only because you care for me a lot.”

“Damn right. I care for you so much. I couldn’t bear it if something happened to you.” Luhan kissed her temple and hugged her tightly. “I’m glad you’re safe.” Her lips hitched upwards into a smile. He grasped her wrist and held it up. He frowned at the scratch on it. “Forget what I said. You got hurt.”

“It’s just a scratch,” Danji whispered.

Luhan wordlessly put her wrist against his lips. With a gentle , the scratch was gone. She stared at her smooth skin in awe. His power would never cease to amaze her.

“Better,” Luhan whispered in a low, husky voice. Before Danji knew it, she was flat on her back on the bed with Luhan hovering over her. He lowered his head and planted his mouth on hers before he could give her some to understand what was going on. She grew breathless and turned her head to catch her breath. “Luhan, wait, I can’t breathe-“ Dazed, she pushed his chest.

He drew back and gazed down intently at her. His eyes were icy blue, a common occurrence whenever his emotions were heightened.

Something about the aura he gave off made her question him. Danji looked up at the source of light and saw the full moon floating right out the window. *Oh. The full moon. I forgot about it as soon as the coyotes attacked us.*

“You’re on FMS, aren’t you?” She accused.

“No, I just want you.” He kissed her again.

She gave him a suspicious look. “That sounds like Full Moon Syndrome to me. Shouldn’t you be cured of that already? How come you’re still a hormone-riddled maniac on full moon? Shouldn’t that side of you be all gone, since I’m your official mate now?”

Luhan smirked. “Oh, gongzhu. That side of me will never ever disappear. As long as I breathe, I’ll always crave you. And the full moon doesn’t get rid of those feelings.” He ducked down and stared hungrily at her lips. “It actually enhances it,” He whispered hotly.

*Uh-oh.* Danji gulps.

Luhan grinned and stole another kiss. “Don’t be scared, gongzhu. The first time was just practice, and today can be the real thing.”

“Real thing?! NO!” Her eyes widened as he swooped in to press his lips ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter