Winter Vacation

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Ie5rS0DIQ

Gummy: Snowflakes

=====================================

*There. That’s the last question.* Danji put her pencil down. She looked through the seven-page history final to make sure she had bubbled in all the answers correctly. Satisfied, she grabbed her backpack and went to turn in her test.

“Have a good winter vacation, Danji.” The professor said.

She smiled back and bowed. “Thank you, professor.”

Danji stepped out of the classroom and inhaled the fresh, wintry air. The air was cold, and when she exhaled, a white cloud whooshed into space. *I’m done. That was the last final exam. I can now go home and relax without having to worry about another test.* Rubbing her hands with a warm smile, she started to walk down the icy pathway.

Danji steered left but stopped. *Wait. I think I just saw…* She took a step back and turned her head.

A familiar figure was walking away from her.

Danji squinted her eyes to get a better look. Hope grew in her chest. When she realized he was the person that she was looking for, her eyes rounded in pleasant surprise and sparkled. Even though the ground was slippery and slicked with ice, Danji ran. “Alen oppa! Oppa!”

Alen heard a mesmerizing voice call out his name. She came into his range, and he heard her thoughts before she reached him.

It’s Alen oppa. I have to catch him before he leaves. I have to see him before I go- AH!

Alen heard her mind become thrown into frenzy. He whirled around and swung his arm around her middle just in time before she cracked her head on the ground. Her eyes widened as soon as he caught her. Her hands became pressed against his strongly beating chest. She could feel the heat of his skin through the thinness of his sweater. They stood like that for a while, with her in his arms. Their hearts synchronized and beat together as one.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Her eyes grew wider as confusion crossed her face. His heart…is beating like mine.

*It beats like this for you.* Alen tenderly gazed down at her.

The sound of laughter nearby made her wrench away from him. She bit her lip awkwardly and hid her face in shame as a bunch of students passed by.

“Our finals are here!”

“Christmas is coming soon!”

“I can’t wait! I’m going to Busan tomorrow!”

The crowd passed by, and the silence blanketed over them once again.

“Are you finished with your test?” Alen asked.

“Huh?” Danji stared at him, dazed and lost. What test? Then she remembered she had just come out of her last exam. “Oh! Yes.” Danji eagerly nodded. “I just finished my last exam. What about you, oppa? Are you done, too?”

Alen shook his head. “I have one more left.”

“Oh. Well, good luck with that! You’re a good student, so I know you’ll pass with flying colors.” Danji smiled encouragingly.

“Thanks.” Alen smiled back.

“I’m leaving now. So…um…happy winter break.” Danji just realized that she would not see Alen tomorrow. The school would be closed for winter vacation. It would be a while until she would see him again. The thought saddened her, and the new wave of emotions startled her. Was it possible that she was missing Alen already?

“Are you going anywhere special?” She questioned. He shook his head. “No, as boring as it sounds, I’ll be right here.”

“I’ll be in Malhwa the entire time as well. So I’m boring as well.” Danji beamed.

Alen laughed at her comment. He checked his watch. Unfortunately, it was time for him to go. “I have to go take my test now…”

“All right! Good luck!” Danji waved. Alen waved. “Have a good winter vacation, Danji. I’ll see you around.” *Hopefully soon.*

She nodded with a big smile. He waved again and walked away but stopped abruptly as her glum thoughts reached him.

What if I never see him again? What if this is the end of our friendship? I really want to stay friends with him. I want to see him again.

Alen turned around to see Danji standing there with heavy shoulders and a melancholy expression. “Danji.” Alen called. Her head jerked up at once. “I’ll call you.” He held up his hand that was formed into the shape of a phone and dangled it by his ear. “We can meet up over winter vacation.”

Her expression brightened. She nodded with a shy, happy smile. I’ll be waiting.

*I won’t make you wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter