Forgotten Memories

The Girl and The Wolf III: Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_chyUMFgy94

M4M: When You Leave Me

======================================

It was time for another goodbye.

This time, it was Danji’s dearest friends who would be leaving Malhwa.

Minyoung and Uishik were headed for Seoul, where they would start college in a couple weeks.

Luhan had accompanied Danji to say her last farewell.

“Is this your last suitcase?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Yes,” Minyoung sniffled.

“Okay. Take your time saying goodbye to Danji, sweetheart.” Mr. Kim motioned for Mrs. Kim to enter the car. Uishik had long said goodbye to his parents. He was now waiting for Minyoung to prepare to leave. It seemed at this rate, she would never be.

“Minyoung,” Danji softly called. “Your parents are waiting. You should go.”

“I don’t want to go.” She grumbled.

I don’t want you to go either, Danji thought.

“This is wrong!” Minyoung blurted. “How can we be separated?! We’ve never been separated since I gave you half of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich in first grade! You’re my best friend, Danji! I don’t want to go anywhere you aren’t!” She flung her arms around Danji. Tears welled up in her eyes. She embraced her best friend tightly. “I wish we didn’t have to separate either.”

Minyoung started to bawl. Danji couldn’t hold back her own tears any longer. Both girls cried as they held each other.

Life without Minyoung was unimaginable.

Who would be there to talk about girl things with her?

Who else would she have a sleepover with?

Who else would pain her nails crazy colors?

Danji was starting to miss her already.

“Minyoung.” Uishik gently called. “We should start going now.”

Minyoung refused. She shook her head while sobbing.

Danji had to use every last of her will power to pull her friend away. She attempted a smile. “Babo, don’t cry. It’s not like we’ll never see each other again.” Minyoung could not be comforted and continued to cry endlessly. “Aigoo. You’re going to flood Malhwa with all your tears.” Danji wiped her tears away with a soft, sad smile. She took Minyoung’s hands and squeezed them tightly. “Minyoung-ah, nothing will ever change between us. You’re my best friend. No, you’re more than that. You’re my sister. I’m going to miss you a lot.”

“I’m going to miss you, too!” Minyoung embraced her again. Danji swallowed hard and hugged her tightly.

Luhan watched them softly. The scene was heart-wrenching. He could see how much Minyoung meant to Danji. They truly were like sisters. The only person who knew Danji better than him was Minyoung, and she was leaving to the main city.

“Promise you’ll keep in touch,” Minyoung whispered.

“I promise I’ll keep in touch. I’ll write you every week and e-mail you every day. We can talk every night, so we don’t miss out on each other’s lives too much. I’ll come visit you, and you can always come back home. I’ll be here waiting,” Danji promised.

Minyoung felt reassured. She pulled back with a sniffle.

“Let’s go.” Uishik gently said.

“Bye, Uishik. Take care of Minyoung for me,” Danji requested.

“Don’t worry. Bye, Danji. Thank you for everything.” Uishik gave her a hug.

Danji felt more emotions swell in . “Bye,” She choked. Uishik put an arm around Minyoung and led her towards the van. She looked back with sad eyes. Danji bravely smiled and waved. Her friends climbed into the van and left Malhwa for good. Danji continued to wave her arm until the van became a tiny speck in the distance. And even then, she kept waving. Her arm was aching, but she could not stop. *Goodbye, Minyoung. Goodbye, Uishik. Goodbye, my friends.* Tears ran down her face.

Luhan grasped her wrist and gently lowered her arm. He turned her around, and she planted her face in his shirt. He could feel her shoulders shaking as she sobbed into his chest. Luhan comfortin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter